White guy tries to burn store he thought was Muslim-owned


mentalfloss
+1
#1



Florida man tries to burn store he thought was Muslim-owned

(WPTV) - A man mad at Arabs, "due to what they are doing in the Middle East," tried to set fire to a convenience store that he mistakenly thought was owned by a Muslim, according to investigators.

Richard Lloyd's intended target was the Met Mart in Port St. Lucie, Florida.

Deputies were called to the business on Friday morning.

“When the deputies arrived, they noticed the dumpster had been rolled in front of the doors and the contents were lit on fire,” Sheriff Ken J. Mascara said in a statement. “Upon seeing our deputies, the man put his hands behind his back and said ‘Take me away.’”

The store was closed at the time.

“The man, identified as Richard Lloyd, was read his Miranda Rights and then told deputies that he pushed the dumpster to the front of the building, tore down signs posted to the outside of the store and lit the contents of the dumpster on fire to ‘Run the Arabs out of our country,’” Mascara said. “It’s unfortunate that Mr. Lloyd made the assumption that the store owners were Muslim when, in fact, they are of Indian descent.”

Deputies booked Lloyd, 64, into the St. Lucie County Jail on a charge of first degree arson.

Deputies said that he told them his plan was to get a big enough fire in the dumpster to catch the building on fire and once it was burning he thought the alcohol from the beer and wine inside would burn it to the ground.

Lloyd said he was "doing his part for America" and also admitted he has a long history of mental health issues, according to an arrest affidavit.

Florida man tries to burn store he mistakenly thought was Muslim-owned, police say - wptv.com (external - login to view)
 
Remington1
+1
#2
Yup, one of tho damn deplorable.
 
Durry
#3
It's unfortunate these things happen.
But if Muslims were well respected citizens in the US, this would probably never would have happened.
Unfortunately Muslims have failed to earn the respect of the country they like to reside in and as such you get reactions like this.
 
petros
#4
Quote:

he has a long history of mental health issues, according to an arrest affidavit

Too bad he's a citizen.
 
mentalfloss
+2
#5  Top Rated Post
Redneck Ban time.
 
White_Unifier
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

It's unfortunate these things happen.
But if Muslims were well respected citizens in the US, this would probably never would have happened.
Unfortunately Muslims have failed to earn the respect of the country they like to reside in and as such you get reactions like this.

You're still here. I thought that might have been you in the picture.
 
gerryh
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by White_UnifierView Post

You're still here. I thought that might have been you in the picture.


I was thinking the same thing.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Redneck Ban time.

Then who would do all the real work in the country?
 
White_Unifier
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Then who would do all the real work in the country?

The real work of arson?
 
Praxius
Free Thinker
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post




Florida man tries to burn store he thought was Muslim-owned

(WPTV) - A man mad at Arabs, "due to what they are doing in the Middle East," tried to set fire to a convenience store that he mistakenly thought was owned by a Muslim, according to investigators.

Richard Lloyd's intended target was the Met Mart in Port St. Lucie, Florida.

Deputies were called to the business on Friday morning.

“When the deputies arrived, they noticed the dumpster had been rolled in front of the doors and the contents were lit on fire,” Sheriff Ken J. Mascara said in a statement. “Upon seeing our deputies, the man put his hands behind his back and said ‘Take me away.’”

The store was closed at the time.

“The man, identified as Richard Lloyd, was read his Miranda Rights and then told deputies that he pushed the dumpster to the front of the building, tore down signs posted to the outside of the store and lit the contents of the dumpster on fire to ‘Run the Arabs out of our country,’” Mascara said. “It’s unfortunate that Mr. Lloyd made the assumption that the store owners were Muslim when, in fact, they are of Indian descent.”

Deputies booked Lloyd, 64, into the St. Lucie County Jail on a charge of first degree arson.

Deputies said that he told them his plan was to get a big enough fire in the dumpster to catch the building on fire and once it was burning he thought the alcohol from the beer and wine inside would burn it to the ground.

Lloyd said he was "doing his part for America" and also admitted he has a long history of mental health issues, according to an arrest affidavit.

Florida man tries to burn store he mistakenly thought was Muslim-owned, police say - wptv.com (external - login to view)

Yup, setting fire to one corner store would magically drive all the Arabs out of the US..... Clap clap..... Religion of peace

Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

It's unfortunate these things happen.
But if Muslims were well respected citizens in the US, this would probably never would have happened.
Unfortunately Muslims have failed to earn the respect of the country they like to reside in and as such you get reactions like this.

Ha ha ha.... Yeah ok. They failed to earn the respect of the country so some people from India get attacked because of American Ignorance and intolerance. But you're right, this is all the Arab's fault, not the fault of the white guy who tried to burn down a store in order to "Make America Great Again."

I suppose the KKK failed to earn my respect, so I should go burn a few of their crosses..... Oh wait.

The Neo-Nazis failed to earn my respect so maybe I should burn.... Um... Something in order to drive all the white people out..... Oh wait, I'm white.

Man your logic doesn't work very well when applied to... Anything.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#11
It's a perfect Five Minute Hate.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#12
A new American bussiness would grow in the ashes. #1 good thinking

democrazy at work
 
Murphy
Conservative
+1
#13
Oh, come on! He meant well.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
#14
Well admitting your crazy before a psych evaluation is the first step to getting charged in this case... Or maybe not, maybe he has no control?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

Oh, come on! He meant well.

A friend or relative of yours?
 
mentalfloss
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Then who would do all the real work in the country?

The ones that are doing it already?

 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#17
Welcome to the world of Trump.
 

Similar Threads

14
Coolest Car You Ever Owned
by Hoof Hearted | Feb 20th, 2017
156
God will burn them if they burn His book
by eanassir | Jul 5th, 2013
4
Sarah Palin gets ph-owned
by fubbleskag | Nov 2nd, 2008
40
What breed of dog are you owned by?
by Nuggler | Mar 17th, 2006
no new posts