The Future is Female

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Hillary Clinton in New Video Statement: 'The Future Is Female'

Hillary Clinton spoke about the historic Women's March on Washington and women's rights in a new video recorded for the 2017 Makers conference. The video marks the former presidential candidate's first video statement since Donald Trump's inauguration.

"Despite all the challenges we face, I remain convinced that yes, the future is female," Clinton said. "Just look at the amazing energy we saw last month as women organized a march that galvanized millions of people all over our country and across the world."

The theme of this year's Makers conference, which "shares women's stories and celebrate women's vital roles in the past, present and future of our country," Clinton said, is "Be Bold," and the former Secretary of State elaborated on that theme in her video statement.

"We need strong women to step up and speak out. We need you to dare greatly and lead boldly. So please, set an example for every women and girl out there who's worried about what the future holds and wonders whether our rights, opportunities and values will endure," Clinton said.

"And remember, you are the heroes and history makers, the glass ceiling breakers of the future. As I've said before, I'll say again, never doubt you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and every opportunity in the world."

Clinton announced in early February that her first post-election endeavor would be writing a book of personal essays and her favorite quotations.

Hillary Clinton in Video Statement: 'The Future Is Female' - Rolling Stone

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012