Dems Wonder If Perpetual Outrage Hurting Party

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
well don't wonder too long kids. Lol

The Party of Outrage

Democrats can barely keep up with their problems with Trump, raising some to wonder if their perpetual opposition is undermining a more focused message.

In a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer declared that the early theme defining President Donald Trump's administration was "incompetence leading to chaos."

"It's amazing how poorly done so many things have been that have come out of the White House in the first two weeks," the New York Democrat said.

A few hours later during a CNN town hall, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California said Trump's selection of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court was bad "if you breathe air, drink water, eat food or take medicine."

And in the wake of Trump's abrupt firing of the nation's acting attorney general, Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, a candidate for Democratic Party chairman, rushed so quickly to vilify the president he left out a word in his merciless statement.

"By all accounts, this is looking like failed presidency," he said.

In the frenzied opening days of the rebellious Trump era, top leaders in the Democratic Party have taken a posture of relentless, immovable, caustic opposition – assailing the commander in chief at every turn and often employing extreme rhetoric to punctuate its impact. It is a cold-blooded approach that's required for this precarious moment, they say, given the severe changes Trump is attempting on everything from how the U.S. should deliver health care to who should be allowed to become an American citizen.

more

Democrats

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I've said this before...

The Right is full of individuals but lack compassion.

The Left are full of compassion, but need to hunt in packs as they lack individuality.

I think Trump is causing such a sh!tstorm, because he is neither. He's an individual with compassion.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Compassion for the Heartland...who elected him.

(Gonna put this in Ridiculous Quotes of the Week thread?) :)

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The promise of jobs for the Heartland got him elected imo. That was the meat and potatoes. The Wall and Immigration control was just the entree the electorate had to stomach to get to the main course.

I hope Trump doesn't forget this.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The promise of jobs for the Heartland got him elected imo. That was the meat and potatoes. The Wall and Immigration control was just the entree the electorate had to stomach to get to the main course.

I hope Trump doesn't forget this.

Do you really think that the Rust Belt is going to go back into 20th century style production of 20th century products?

Anybody?

Really?

Shiny chrome wings on your Chevrolets?

That world is gone, gone, gone and fast talking fascists aren't going to to bring it back, ever. The Rust belt is far too rusted and its inhabitants are far too backwards, now.

Not that Trump gives a fig. It's all about HIM ... In case you haven't figured that out, yet. Those poor, hopeless yokels in the Rust Belt were a means to an end.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Speaking of rusted, I think you need some WD40 for the bolts in your neck.

He's renegotiating NAFTA. Why would he do that if he didn't care about the Heartland?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
interesting
a$$hats are not on the official list of things WD-40 will fix

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Speaking of rusted, I think you need some WD40 for the bolts in your neck.

He's renegotiating NAFTA. Why would he do that if he didn't care about the Heartland?

The jobs didn't go away because of NAFTA in the the first place. It's a steamy pile of bullshyte propaganda. The jobs mostly went to Asia, to robots, to Asian robots and Big Joe with the Grade 8 education in Allentown doesn't have a prayer, isn't on the map. If you tear up NAFTA, there is a real possibility that two or three hundred thousand more American workers just like him will end up unemployed for the rest of their lives, too. That's how many jobs are directly producing goods for the Canadian and Mexican markets. We are no longer obliged to buy from the backwards and exceedingly expensive Yanks when there are cutting edge sources for just about everything in Asia that are less expensive, more modern and in the case of, say, automobiles, of better quality and design than what the Americans heartland is capable of producing.

You guys are dreaming in Technicolour. If the Yanks don't need us, ultimately, we don't need them.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"The jobs didn't go away because of NAFTA in the the first place. It's a steamy pile of bullshyte propaganda."

http://sourcesnews.com/how-bill-cli...he-middle-classand-how-hillary-supported-him/

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
"The jobs didn't go away because of NAFTA in the the first place. It's a steamy pile of bullshyte propaganda."

HOW BILL CLINTON

You're a sucker, apparently. Even if Trump manages to bring a few jobs "back" to the massive Rust Belt, they will be highly automated out of necesity to make something that is even close to being competitive in the modern market. Most Americans workers who are not employed are going to stay that way.

How "Bill Clinton?"

What the fukc are you talking about?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Before NAFTA, if you were a hard worker you could support a family...have a roof over your head with some disposable income left over. There were millions of decent paying jobs.

Today if you're a hard worker? Go apply at Tim Hortons. NAFTA helped destroy the middle class like the article I posted said.

The private sector should be lifted up to where the public sector is...not the other way around.

It's become a race to the bottom. Trump is trying to turn that around.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The jobs didn't go away because of NAFTA in the the first place. It's a steamy pile of bullshyte propaganda. The jobs mostly went to Asia, to robots, to Asian robots and Big Joe with the Grade 8 education in Allentown doesn't have a prayer, isn't on the map. If you tear up NAFTA, there is a real possibility that two or three hundred thousand more American workers just like him will end up unemployed for the rest of their lives, too. That's how many jobs are directly producing goods for the Canadian and Mexican markets. We are no longer obliged to buy from the backwards and exceedingly expensive Yanks when there are cutting edge sources for just about everything in Asia that are less expensive, more modern and in the case of, say, automobiles, of better quality and design than what the Americans heartland is capable of producing.

You guys are dreaming in Technicolour. If the Yanks don't need us, ultimately, we don't need them.

Manufacturing in the US is doing quite well thanks to NAFTA. Stupid people buy into the Trump propaganda.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Dishonesty hurts political groups. We'll see how honest this new party is.

The most prosperous times I recall back in the old days was during the Clinton Administration. Had some good money making years then.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Before NAFTA, if you were a hard worker you could support a family...have a roof over your head with some disposable income left over. There were millions of decent paying jobs.

Today if you're a hard worker? Go apply at Tim Hortons. NAFTA helped destroy the middle class like the article I posted said.

The private sector should be lifted up to where the public sector is...not the other way around.

It's become a race to the bottom. Trump is trying to turn that around.

If NAFTA had never happened, the same demise of manufacturing would have come about. For decades after WWII, North America got rich on manufacturing when there were no viable competitors left in the World that hadn't been bombed to rumble. We flatter ourselves at how good we are when we had no competition.

Since the 70s, country after country, mostly but not exclusively in Asia had either developed or re-built and now, we have a whole planet full of competitors, most of which can produce things less expensively of of better quality than we can... Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, PRC, Thailand, South Korea, Germany ... all have blown us away and "taken" our jobs. Mexico is merely a scapegoat for a phenomenon that has led to the slow but steady decline of America since Nixon's time. The generally poor education standards in the US have further eroded the opportunities of the American worker and have made it a lot easier for a demagogue to come along and to hijack and hoodwink them.

Cannuck,

What do you do for a living? What field are you in?

By the way, I am a manufacturing manager and entrepreneur and have earned my living at it since the mid 1980's. This is not an academic excercise for me. It is my livelihood.