Warren Buffett says the US will do fine under Trump

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Warren Buffett says the US will do fine under Trump because we've got the 'secret sauce'

Hillary Clinton backer Warren Buffett told CNBC on the eve of Donald Trump's inauguration that the billionaire real estate mogul has the "most important job in the world."

"America works," the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway said. "I've said this before. It'll work wonderfully under Hillary Clinton, and I think it'll work fine under Donald Trump."

At a red carpet event Thursday night in New York for a new HBO documentary about his life, Buffett told CNBC the United States has the "secret sauce."

"It doesn't work all the time perfectly," the billionaire investor and philanthropist said, "but you just look at where we go, milestone after milestone. Never bet against America."
Warren Buffett: Fine under Trump because US has the 'secret sauce'

Do not sell Trump or America short
nothing succeeds like success

the people who vote with their dollars seem to be liking what they see, and they have to put their USDs where they will be safe
which is likely in the the US

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The whole point of the thread is that it is NOT all about the president
it is after all about the people
and the money

look after the nickles and dimes and the future will look after itself

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYJR-_ZxOao
Exclusive: Ron Paul Says Trump Is Trying To Stop Global Collapse
Published on Jan 25, 2017
Alex Jones talks with Ron Paul about how he feels about Donald Trump and what he's accomplished so far as President of the United States.

the problem is the Globalist central bank and QE - get the crash over with and move on

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
"Exclusive: Ron Paul Says Trump Is Trying To Stop Global Collapse"

Global collapse is inevitable if the world continues down the path it has taken in the recent past. Open borders, unlimited trade deals, nations with unsustainable debt, people who never had it so good demanding more and more 'rights'. , it all has to collapse sooner or later.
If nothing else, Trump will turn things around even if long enough for people to get their heads out of the clouds and their feet back on the ground.
Governing a country is somewhat like raising a family. At some point you have to say 'no' to the demands put on you. Sooner is better than later.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
i don't know. trump seems pretty stupid. he thinks he's going to get a third world country to pay for his idea of some impossibly impenetrable wall.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
"Exclusive: Ron Paul Says Trump Is Trying To Stop Global Collapse"

Global collapse is inevitable if the world continues down the path it has taken in the recent past. Open borders, unlimited trade deals, nations with unsustainable debt, people who never had it so good demanding more and more 'rights'. , it all has to collapse sooner or later.
If nothing else, Trump will turn things around even if long enough for people to get their heads out of the clouds and their feet back on the ground.
Governing a country is somewhat like raising a family. At some point you have to say 'no' to the demands put on you. Sooner is better than later.
How soon we all forget Ron Pauls admonition to abolish social security,,,,,as he collected his check every month. :).

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
How soon we all forget Ron Pauls admonition to abolish social security,,,,,as he collected his check every month. :).

Q: You said in 1988 that you would abolish Social Security. You’re OK with Social Security now?
A: I think we need to offer the kids the chance to get out. But right now, if we don’t save the money, we can’t take care of the other. I never voted to spend one penny of Social Security money. So I’m the one that has saved it. I say take that money--and I say this constantly--don’t turn anybody out on the streets--people we have conditioned--but I would say take care of the people that are dependent on us. The only way you can do that is cut spending. If we don’t, they’re all going to be out in the street. Because right now Social Security beneficiaries are getting 2% raises, but their cost of living is going up 10%. A dollar crisis is going to wipe them all out.
Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series , Dec 23, 2007
Ron Paul on Social Security

Warren Buffet cuts corners for Profit. See Lac Megantic....

ah, so he must not have the right to an opinion then

GLOBE EDITORIAL
After Lac Mégantic, we thought there’d be fewer runaway trains. We were wrong

After a runaway locomotive pulling 72 tankers filled with crude oil derailed in the Quebec town of Lac-Mégantic and killed 47 people, it would have been appalling for Ottawa and the railway industry not to take adequate steps to prevent another tragedy.

So what’s worse than appalling? The Transportation Safety Board says there were, in fact, more runaway trains than ever in Canada in 2015, just two years after Lac-Mégantic. The board logged 42 incidents involving trains or unattached cars that year, up from 30 in 2014, and well above the five-year average of 36 per year.

The TSB also said this week that only one of the five safety recommendations to come out of its investigation of the Lac-Mégantic tragedy has been fully implemented. Progress on two of them – including a critical one about using additional defences to secure unattended trains – was graded by the TSB just one level above “Unsatisfactory.”

Just how hard can it be to pull the handbrake on a parked train? Obviously, it’s not the same as keeping a Fiat in place. But let’s not overcomplicate things, either. This is a simple game: You make trains go, you make trains stop, and you make trains stay where you stopped them.

The rail industry and Transport Canada updated the rules for leaving trains unattended on main lines last fall. But the TSB says the new rules aren’t adequate because they depend on air-brake systems as a backup to the handbrakes that are applied on each car. The board says air brakes are unreliable – they can leak and then quickly lose their effectiveness. If the handbrakes haven’t been applied according to the rules, the train can run away.

That’s exactly what happened in Lac-Mégantic, and the TSB is not convinced it won’t happen again. “It has been demonstrated over the years that depending solely on the correct application of rules is not sufficient to maintain safety,” it says.

What the TSB wants is a third level of defence, such as wheel chocks for cars left unattended in yards, or modern systems that can remotely monitor handbrakes or restart a locomotive in order to maintain the air pressure in the brakes. Three years after the horrors of Lac-Mégantic, this hasn’t been done, and now there are more runaway trains than ever. It’s beyond shameful.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...runaway-trains-we-were-wrong/article30210702/
Report Typo/Error

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
see above you might wanna take a look at the goverbnment whos job it is to fix those problems
I guess
run with THAT
LOL

guess warren should have been there to put the handbrakes on

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Warren Buffet cuts corners for Profit. See Lac Megantic....

You say that like it was a crime. Corner cutting is the secret to humane success. Make do with less by having more.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You might want to look into money siding with money and profit at any cost because government doesn't give a shyte for people
You might want understand everything in my post was sarcastic.
Old Wolf.

You,ve been drinking haven't you?

How many times did you piss today?

Trump has to crush and occupy Canada and Mexico the paper work was signed a decade ago

The new world orders last stand will be made in the new world. Eventually we will be liberated by the Rushins .

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You might want to look into money siding with money and profit at any cost because government doesn't give a shyte for people

why not put up some links
so we can all read all about it
:)

Judge "Andrew Napolitano: Trump has committed the most revolutionary act I've seen in 45 years

Then he ordered a truly revolutionary act, the likes of which I have never seen in the 45 years I have studied and monitored the government’s laws and its administration of them. He ordered that when bureaucrats who are administering and enforcing the law have discretion with respect to the time, place, manner and severity of its enforcement, they should exercise that discretion in favor of individuals and against the government.

This is radical coming from any president in the modern era of government-can-do-no-wrong. It is far more Thomas Jefferson, the small-government champion with whom Trump has never been associated, than it is Theodore Roosevelt, the super-regulator whom Trump has stated he admires. It recognizes the primacy and dignity of the individual and the fallibility of the state. It acknowledges the likely demise of ObamaCare. It is utterly without precedent since Jefferson’s presidency."
Andrew Napolitano: Trump has committed the most revolutionary act I've seen in 45 years | Fox News

another endorsement from an expert
...and just the other day folks were saying he COULDN'T do that
ooops

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
so much for internet etiquette
that means NO BACK UP
and not my google bitch?
No of course not
you are your own bitch of course...as you wish