ABC Admits To Editing Fleischer's Praise Of Trump's Press Sec. To Sound Like Attack

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
#fakefukkinnews

and some of the simple-minded wonder why there are trust issues with the media.

ABC News Apologizes After Editing Former Bush Spox’s Praise of Sean Spicer to Sound Like Attack

ABC News admitted to editing an interview they had with Ari Fleischer regarding Trump’s press secretary that made it appear he was attacking him, rather than praising him.

On Tuesday, former president George W. Bush’s press secretary called out the network on Twitter for chopping his quote that aired Monday night on “Nightline” and proving Spicer’s point about the media’s dedication to reporting negatively about the Trump administration.

(RELATED: Sean Spicer Gets Praised By The Left And The Right After First Official Press Briefing)

“@Nightline proves Spicer right about MSM’s dedication to negativity. Here is what I told them in a taped interview: 1/4,” Fleischer tweeted.
@Nightline proves Spicer right about MSM’s dedication to negativity. Here is what I told them in a taped interview: 1/4
— Ari Fleischer (@AriFleischer) January 24, 2017
“It looks to me if the ball was dropped on Saturday, Sean recovered it and ran for a 1st down on Monday” is what Fleischer originally told “Nightline.”
“It looks to me if the ball was dropped on Saturday, Sean recovered it and ran for a 1st down on Monday.” 2/4
“Here is how they chopped my quote: ‘It looks to me if the ball was dropped on Saturday’ after ABC referred to ‘deliberate falsehoods.'” he continued.
Here is how they chopped my quote: “It looks to me if the ball was dropped on Saturday” after ABC referred to “deliberate falsehoods.” 3/4
If this is how the press reports, Trump is right to go after them. 4/4
When the press distorts someone’s quote and twists their words, we all have a problem. 5/5
The edited quote read, “[Spicer’s] briefing made me uncomfortable. It was too truculent, too tough. It looks as if the ball was dropped on Saturday,” according to another report.

Tuesday night the network issued an apology for “editing” the interview that “shortened” Fleisher’s quote and resulted in his opinion being “mischaracterized.”

“Nightline aired a segment Monday night about the first three days of the new administration including Sean Spicer’s statement to the press on Saturday,” an apology on their website read. “As part of the report, we interviewed former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer. In editing the piece for air, his quote was shortened and as a result his opinions mischaracterized.”

We are fixing the piece online to include his full quote and context. We apologize and regret the error.”

ABC News Admits Edits Ari Fleischer's Praise Of Sean Spicer | The Daily Caller

ABC News Apologizes After Editing Former Bush Spox

Nightline aired a segment Monday night about the first three days of the new administration including Sean Spicer’s statement to the press on Saturday. As part of the report, we interviewed former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer. In editing the piece for air, his quote was shortened and as a result his opinions mischaracterized. We are fixing the piece online to include his full quote and context. We apologize and regret the error.

Nightline Correction - ABC News