Trump may be a 'clown,' but he was right about the media

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Matt Taibbi Shares His Thoughts About Trump and the "Out of Touch Elite Media"

By Robert on January 15, 2017 4:00 PM | No Comments

One can only speculate what Wendy Mesley thinks of her fellow Leftist, Matt Taibbi, deviating from "the script":

U.S. political journalist Matt Taibbi is very clear about the fact that he doesn't like Donald Trump.

Still, the Rolling Stone columnist says the president-elect got more than a few things right during an election campaign that brought to the forefront America's struggles with racism, class divide and economic stagnation.

Taibbi, author of Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus, which hits shelves Jan. 17, sat down with The National's Wendy Mesley to talk about the billionaire New Yorker's unexpected rise to power in an increasingly polarized United States.

One of Trump's gambles that really paid off, according to Taibbi, was painting a target on the back of the U.S. political media.

"The media and politicians had spent so much time with each other that they lost touch with regular people, and Trump capitalized on that. He made us in the media villains, representative of this out of touch, ivory tower political culture," he said.

"I think there's some fairness to it, as much as I dislike Donald Trump, he hit a note, several notes, in this campaign that were true, and that was one of them."

Another one, he says, is Washington corruption. Taibbi believes Trump was correct to say that both Democrats and Republicans have become more beholden to their political donors than to their constituents, and his vow to "drain the swamp" struck a chord.

But he doesn't think Americans should hold their breath for their incoming president to fix any of the issues at the heart of his campaign rhetoric.

"Even though his diagnoses on some things in some cases are accurate, it's his solutions that are the problem," Taibbi said. "He's not a deep thinker and his instincts for fixing everything are purely authoritarian."

Draining the swamp, he said, has become "a joke," as the president-elect keeps appointing people connected to Wall Street firm Goldman Sachs to his White House administration, including incoming Treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Meanwhile, he said, scolding companies who move jobs across the border is not a long-term solution to unemployment, nor will building a border wall fix the immigration system.

"These are childlike ideas, but they're successful because the public craves simple solutions to things," Taibbi said. "They want to see change next year and Trump promised them that, even though he probably really can't deliver."

You can also catch Wendy's interview with Matt Taibbi on The National tonight at 9 p.m. ET on CBC News Network.

Trump may be a 'clown,' but he was right about the media: Rolling Stone journalist - World - CBC News

Hey Wendy, how come Hillary Clinton's mocking of tens of millions of "deplorables" (white blue-collar workers) didn't invalidate her in your eyes?!?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Poor Tromp. He's a victim.

His rags-to-riches , All-American success story is a threat to the Ivory Tower types, who have tried to exclude him from the Successful Club all along the way.

A true victim.

... of a conspiracy.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Snifty sniffle.

oh, that's just the dogs butt you are smellin
try not to breath too much of it in

Poor Tromp. He's a victim.

His rags-to-riches , All-American success story is a threat to the Ivory Tower types, who have tried to exclude him from the Successful Club all along the way.

A true victim.

... of a conspiracy.

Well, he IS the victim of fake news
like the stuff you and the other sock puppets post

lol
so, yeah, that's a conspiracy

so, what's your point again?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
try not to breath too much of it in

no he is the victim of fake news
like you
and the other sock puppets
lol
so, yeah, that's a conspiracy

The poor, poor man. All of his detractors should be rounded up. Maybe, they will be!

How can you be President if everyone doesn't do exactly what you order them to?

No, no. That's just one of your posts that we're smelling, Heinrich.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I have an issue with the democratic process. Hilary Clinton overwhelmingly got the popular vote, she is out, so that does not work. Why bother voting on the first place?
Then, once somebody is elected he is swallowed up in committees. Government decisions are made in committees. What are committees? Who makes them up? By selecting the right committee members can it be packed by supporters of of the outcome you are shooting to achieve?
I have been on committees, I did not think they were advancing democracy.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, except for the now proven DEMOCRATIC vote fraud, and the illegals voting, and the vote fraud convictions that got her and obama in their respective primary ballots in the first place

subtract all that and NO hillary did NOT win the popular vote
just ask bernie "the burnt" sanders

if not for the electoral college, a couple of high population cities would determine the president for the WHOLE rest of the country
in thaty regard your vision of democracy seems...simplistic
but to address the disparity - that's why republics exist
:)

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
and the vote fraud
I keep seeing that but I have yet to see an iota of proof. That tidbit emerged about two days after it was publicised that Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million ... that's 1% of the entire population. Then, the trolls started, coming out with ... Hey! 3 million illiegals voted!

Of course, the obvious question is that if illegals voted and they were known to be illegals, why were their votes counted and why have they not been removed?

I suppose that there is a conspiracy and that ONLY two trolls on Canadinan Content are privy to the truth!

Funny, how often that sort of things happen.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
you ain't lookin in the right place
how about right in front of your nose?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUN6FsQFOkY
Obama Tells Illegals to Vote
it's ok they won't get caught

if you didn't check the links i posted to the convictions for vote fraud in the primaries for instance, its only because why?
you don't wanna know, you just wanna beak off
lol
snowflake or what
well keep yakkin
every post makes you look more and more like one of cannuck's other socks
:)

"Confirmed: Jill Stein’s Recount Finds Voter Fraud … By Hillary Supporters

One-third of precincts in Wayne County could be disqualified from an unprecedented statewide recount of presidential election results because of problems with ballots.
Michigan’s largest county voted overwhelmingly for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, but officials couldn’t reconcile vote totals for 610 of 1,680 precincts during a countywide canvass of vote results late last month.

Most of those are in heavily Democratic Detroit, where the number of ballots in precinct poll books did not match those of voting machine printout reports in 59 percent of precincts, 392 of 662.

According to state law, precincts whose poll books don’t match with ballots can’t be recounted. If that happens, original election results stand.
According to the Wayne County Clerk website, roughly 95% of the votes cast in Detroit were cast for Clinton."
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...voter-fraud-hillary-supporters/#ixzz4VsyieeTE
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...voter-fraud-hillary-supporters/#ixzz4Vsy454Yg

now go wipe your nose kid

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
carlin, hst, the real bill hicks...
ahhh, they left us too soon
..they would have had a field day

here is one for mr curious:

even without the vote fraud
27% of the eligible voters elected you (1% more than elected Barack Obama)
A Christmas Message For Donald Trump –
lol
some people ain't interested in the truth, that's why it's called fake news

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Are you sure you are O.K. Cliffy? I'm beginning to worry!
I'm fine. I just don't share you infatuation with that narcissistic, retarded adolescent with the bloated ego. But I do think he is exactly what the Yanks need to bring down the Empire. He is a one man circus and is the perfect leader for a nation that ingests a steady diet of "reality" TV.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
obama has been killing women and children with drones
hillary did Benghazi, Ukraine, Libya, and Syria, Yemen, Somalia...ETC ETC ETC

I don't see the comparison
if PRESIDENT trump does the US in ( he can't escape the obama economics
(ie quantitative easing etc) that is their business...
the democrats were doing in everyone else

...and if they were to keep it up at some point the whole world would have to get together and nuke the place
so sorry to say Cliffy, what you support would likely not just be the end of the free world, but the end of the world as we know it

at least we know Donald J Trump IS Donald J Trump

BTW
he had one percent more of the popular vote then Obama did, so we can lay that "POPULAR vote thing to bed, without the vote fraud even

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The poor Dumpster. He is so thin-skinned he is going to be spending almost all of his time tweeting to critics; not that that would be a bad thing; it will keep him from actually doing anything.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't see the comparison
if PRESIDENT trump does the US in ( he can't escape the obama economics
(ie quantitative easing etc) that is their business...
the democrats were doing in everyone else

...and if they were to keep it up at some point the whole world would have to get together and nuke the place
so sorry to say Cliffy, what you support would likely not just be the end of the free world, but the end of the world as we know it

at least we know Donald J Trump IS Donald J Trump
Just because I don't think Trump is human doesn't mean I support anybody else. This ridiculous excuse for an election pitted one psychopath against another. I will be so happy when the evil empire falls. Hillary would have maintained the status quo (endless wars and the death of millions) and the Donald will oversee the complete destruction of our life support system while filling his own pockets and those of his billionaire cronies. And he will leave all the bozos, who voted for and supported him in their ignorance, out to dry.