Professionally black students cry racism and demand racial favouritism

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
while asking how they're supposed to feel "comfortable" with lecturers whose skin is lighter than their own.

Too Pale-Skinned For Comfort

TomJ steers us to another of academia’s identitarian dramas:

Black students’ progress is being stalled by university tutors who are “60-year-old white men” and “potentially racist,” according to students at the School of Oriental and African Studies (Soas) in London. In a report called Degrees of Racism, the student union demands that “all academics must be prepared to acknowledge that they are capable of racism.” It claims unconscious bias is rife at the school — part of the University of London — and that white tutors allow white male students to dominate class discussions and have lower expectations of black and ethnic minority (BME) students because of “racist stereotypes of people of colour as less capable, or lazy.”

Alongside the usual demands for double standards and racial favouritism in hiring, and “compulsory classes for academics to combat unconscious bias,” the students want “all staff [to] feel able to confront each other’s racism.” The report, they say, is intended to address the “significant gap in attainment” between white and ethnic minority students.

[The report] quotes black undergraduates who say their academic progress is being hampered by older white professors who cannot relate to them. “Both of my tutors are white men. How can I have a rapport and feel comfortable talking to a 60-year-old white man?” asks one.

In short, the students are admitting, albeit unwittingly, that in fact they are the inflexible and bigoted ones, the ones preoccupied with racist (and ageist) stereotypes, and are incapable of feeling “comfortable” with people whose appearance differs from their own.

Apparently, for them, learning is next to impossible unless they are being taught by people who look just like them, are of a similar age, and who share the assumptions of a subset of nineteen-year-olds. It seems to me the “significant gap in attainment” that the student union bemoans may have more to do with the limited abilities, and even more limited horizons, of the students in question.

davidthompson: Too Pale-Skinned For Comfort

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Well of course racism will always exist. The same way I'll always care more for myself then a perfect stranger. But the lefties don't have enough intellectual capacity to understand that.

So the progressives will drag us down a hopeless road on a crusade that can never really be won in reality. In the name of justice and fairness and all that is good in this world. While we ignore real problems like cost of living and competitiveness.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
focusing on racism is a deflection, and a divide and conquer tactic

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well of course racism will always exist. The same way I'll always care more for myself then a perfect stranger. But the lefties don't have enough intellectual capacity to understand that.

So the progressives will drag us down a hopeless road on a crusade that can never really be won in reality. In the name of justice and fairness and all that is good in this world. While we ignore real problems like cost of living and competitiveness.
From which sort of idiocy does a judgmental fool raise?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Apparently, for them, learning is next to impossible unless they are being taught by people who look just like them, are of a similar age, and who share the assumptions of a subset of nineteen-year-olds. It seems to me the “significant gap in attainment” that the student union bemoans may have more to do with the limited abilities, and even more limited horizons, of the students in question.

davidthompson: Too Pale-Skinned For Comfort

Makes you wonder why these poor wee victims initially applied to that university in the first place, knowing that there were a number of whits instructors already in place. Also, how come no mention of Asian or Indian professors that would offend their delicate sensibilities?

... Racism indeed, although exactly who is being racist is still up for debate

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
funny...
in germany there are many colored folks left over from ww2 marital relations between colored folks and german folks.
apparently they all have comparable acedemic standings

the single parent welfare pipleline to prison culture provided for colored people in the US is the problem
It is a created racism

paid for by people like George Soros and implemented by people like Margret Sanger
and hillary clinton

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
This is simply the culture of victim hood perpetuating itself.

Wouldn't make any difference as to who is fomenting the ideal, the idea is already fully ingrained in the psyche of an entire population

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
This is simply the culture of victim hood perpetuating itself.

Wouldn't make any difference as to who is fomenting the ideal, the idea is already fully ingrained in the psyche of an entire population

in the US one can see how the black culture they have there was created, while in germany it was just the status quo

an interesting, though weighty tomb, that outlines much of this is
the deliberate dumbing down of america
also the annals of planed parenthood are too, damned enlightening

of course, one chooses victimhood for one's self or not though, but that applies to any segment of society.
like Miz magazine, and gloria stienem being funded by the CIA though, there is always a tweeking of society going on these days - to creat a divide tht power and money can be shaken loose from

another good example is the white woman who claimed to be black and was leading some disadvantaged group of black people...so to stay leader she has to make sure they stay disadvantaged
Parents out 'black' NAACP leader as white woman
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...naacp-president-ethnicity-questions/71110110/

Last edited: