FBI: Russians also hacked Republicans

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

FBI's Comey: Republicans also hacked by Russia

Washington (CNN)Top intelligence officials indicated on Tuesday that the GOP was also a Russian hacking target but that none of the information obtained was leaked.

FBI director James Comey told a Senate panel that there was "penetration on the Republican side of the aisle and old Republican National Committee domains" no longer in use.

He later added that "there was evidence of hacking directed at state-level organizations, state-level campaigns, and the RNC, but old domains of the RNC, meaning old emails they weren't using. None of that was released."

Comey said there was no sign "that the Trump campaign or the current RNC was successfully hacked."

Asked by Sen. Mark Warner, a Virginia Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee, whether the hacker had the ability to selectively leak that old information, Comey indicated that they did.

Comey also assesssed that "they got far deeper and wider into the (Democratic National Committee) than the RNC," adding that "similar techniques were used in both cases."

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the Senate committee, examining the cyber breaches, that the intelligence community concluded with "high confidence" that

Russia hacked the election to "denigrate" Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and contrast her unfavorably to Republican Donald Trump.

"We have multiple high quality sources that contribute to that assessment," Clapper said. "Attributing cyber operations is difficult but not impossible."

When Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton asked whether Russian President Vladimir Putin thought Trump was going to be the likely winner, Clapper responded, "Initially, no. They thought he was a fringe candidate and didn't think that at all."

FBI's Comey: Republicans also hacked by Russia - CNNPolitics.com

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No outside help was required to make Clinton look bad. SHe did that all on her own. With maybe a little help from the Dems she fukked over.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What's a trumpite and what russian espionage?

easy on the cool-aid gents
:)

‘Insider leaks, not Russian hacking’: CIA & MI5 veterans discuss ODNI report on RT
...“This thing is so ridiculous, and the fact that you have these guys like John Brennan and Jim Clapper who both lied to Congress, and they lied under oath, is reprehensible. They should not be allowed to still be on the job,” ...
https://www.rt.com/news/373159-odni-intelligence-debate-evidence/

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Agreed. They got the help anyway. How come Trumpites don't care about Russian espionage?

I don't condone Russian espionage. Heck, I don't even condone Canadian espionage. If I were abroad, and found out that a Canadian was there spying on my host state for the Canadian government, I myself would turn him in. So imagine how quickly I'd turn in a Russian spy spying on my own country.

But in this case, the Russians did not stuff ballots or anything. They just released information.

Again, I'm not condoning their espionage, but merely saying it could have created no more than the slightest dent in the election. If anything, it probably cost Trump more votes than it did Clinton.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I don't condone Russian espionage. Heck, I don't even condone Canadian espionage. If I were abroad, and found out that a Canadian was there spying on my host state for the Canadian government, I myself would turn him in. So imagine how quickly I'd turn in a Russian spy spying on my own country.

But in this case, the Russians did not stuff ballots or anything. They just released information.

Again, I'm not condoning their espionage, but merely saying it could have created no more than the slightest dent in the election. If anything, it probably cost Trump more votes than it did Clinton.

I don't think the hacking affected the election. To me the real issue is Trump and the Trumpites refusal to accept it occurred. Why was/is it so difficult

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The FBI has been hacking everybody's phones and computers for years. Another great irony from the kings of hacking. What do you think happened to all the hackers that they busted since personal computers came out? The FBI hired them.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
CIA Has Interfered With Over 81 Foreign Elections

This number doesn’t include military coups and regime change efforts following the election of candidates the U.S. didn’t like, notably those in Iran, Guatemala and Chile.

The CIA has accused Russia of interfering in the 2016 presidential election (with absolutely zero evidence) by hacking into Democratic and Republican computer networks and selectively releasing emails.

But critics might point out the U.S. has done similar things.

The U.S. has a long history of attempting to influence presidential elections in other countries – it’s done so as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000, according to a database amassed by political scientist Dov Levin of Carnegie Mellon University.

CIA Has Interfered With Over 81 Foreign Elections in the Past Century | Humans Are Free

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Ah, the occasional Sanders to Trump conversion.

A particularly unique brand of stupid.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why the Yanks are so desperate to demonize Putin:

Putin Is About To Nationalize Rothschild

Central Bank

THIS Is Exactly The Reason Behind The Insane Push For War Against Russia: Putin Is About To Nationalize Rothschild Central Bank

I am astounded by all the liars in the Jew spew media and their absolutely insane vilification of the Russian Federation and their equally horrific push for war directly with that nuclear armed but very peaceful nation... It boggles the mind at times to realize that people are actually falling for these lies and are stupid enough to support such a war. Many are absolutely oblivious to the fact that such a war could mean a nuclear holocaust that would obliterate much of the planet itself...

Northerntruthseeker: THIS Is Exactly The Reason Behind The Insane Push For War Against Russia: Putin Is About To Nationalize Rothschild Central Bank

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
no...
lol
you didn't get it
maybe you should try again
or ask an adult