Trump accepts findings that Russian hackers meddled with US Election

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
:lol:

Trump accepts findings that Russia tried to meddle in U.S. election, incoming chief of staff says

U.S. president-elect Donald Trump accepts the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia tried to interfere in the presidential election, his incoming White House chief of staff said Sunday.

"I think he accepts the findings," Reince Priebus said on Fox News Sunday. "He's not denying that entities in Russia were behind this particular campaign."

Intelligence officials allege that Moscow directed a series of hacks in order to help Trump win the White House. Trump has repeatedly expressed skepticism about Russia's role and has declined to say whether he accepts the meddling was done on his behalf. In December, he called the claims "ridiculous."

On Friday, U.S. intelligence briefed the president-elect on their conclusions that the Kremlin interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump win the White House. Priebus attended along with Trump.

In an interview with The Associated Press after the briefing, Trump said he "learned a lot" from his discussions with intelligence officials, but he declined to say whether he accepted their assertion about Russia's motives.

An unclassified version of the report directly tied Russian President Vladimir Putin to election meddling and said that Moscow had a "clear preference" for Trump in his race against Hillary Clinton.

Trump accepts findings that Russia tried to meddle in U.S. election, incoming chief of staff says - World - CBC News

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yes.

I read it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You're confusing me with Eaglesmack and Locutus.
It's a good thing that these guys post other thing because all we would have to read is anti-Trump/Conservative threads and Global warming threads...and the forum would slowly dissolve....
Most people don't actually read your bullshïte,
The replies are wayyyy more interesting .....except for your buddy "Dumpy, the Clown's defective son"

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I wonder why all of the show for Trump? He has a knack of saying things he claims he can't remember. Thank goodness for digital recorder cameras.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
In relativer terms, Russia just released information. It did not force anyone to vote in any way. It did not stuff ballot boxes. In the end, people still voted freely, just with more information at their disposal.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Now we just need Trudeau to admit the Obama administration meddled in our election. But we all know that's not going to happen.
Too bad losers like Flossie care more about it happening to America than Canada. This is kind of funny really. Russia merely released information on Hillary and the DNC and people like Flossie cry about it in multiple threads, yet he seems to have ZERO problem with O'Bumwad sending assets to Canada to help either the Libs or Dips win. That's right, that f*cking piece of sh*t decided that HE was going to bring down Canada's Conservative govt. But Flossie doesn't care about that because he hates Conservatives anyway so the election interference is justified in his tiny little mind.

And this is typical of partisan retards like Flossie. A foreign govt releases some unsavoury information on a candidate he likes in the US and that's enough to send him off the deep end. But when a foreign govt actually sends assets to Canada to directly influence the vote, he has no problem with it because they helped elect his hero.

Don't worry Flossie, Trump will save America just like wind turbines saved Ontario.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Trump Invents New Fallback Lie on Russian Hacking

Last week, Donald Trump stubbornly stuck to the line he had maintained throughout the campaign: that nobody knows who hacked into Democratic Party emails. It could have been the Chinese, a lone obese man, etc. The “intelligence” — he insisted on using scare quotes — was suspiciously postponed, the Iraq War had shown that the CIA was untrustworthy in general, and trusted authority Julian Assange had suggested Russia might be getting unfairly blamed for the actions of a 14-year-old boy.

Over the weekend, his line changed. Now, the very idea that Trump had mocked U.S. intelligence was an invention of the “dishonest media”; in fact, he is “a big fan.” Trump cited intelligence as his authority that Russia attempted to hack both parties, but only succeeded in hacking Democrats because Republicans had “strong defense.” (In reality, U.S. intelligence believes Russia successfully hacked both parties, but only released Democratic emails.) Trump and his supporters retreated to a new line, insisting in an official statement that the report had proved “there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines.”

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Trump Invents New Fallback Lie on Russian Hacking

Last week, Donald Trump stubbornly stuck to the line he had maintained throughout the campaign: that nobody knows who hacked into Democratic Party emails. It could have been the Chinese, a lone obese man, etc. The “intelligence” — he insisted on using scare quotes — was suspiciously postponed, the Iraq War had shown that the CIA was untrustworthy in general, and trusted authority Julian Assange had suggested Russia might be getting unfairly blamed for the actions of a 14-year-old boy.

Over the weekend, his line changed. Now, the very idea that Trump had mocked U.S. intelligence was an invention of the “dishonest media”; in fact, he is “a big fan.” Trump cited intelligence as his authority that Russia attempted to hack both parties, but only succeeded in hacking Democrats because Republicans had “strong defense.” (In reality, U.S. intelligence believes Russia successfully hacked both parties, but only released Democratic emails.) Trump and his supporters retreated to a new line, insisting in an official statement that the report had proved “there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines.”
The big lie here comes from you ya balless wonder. There is still no concrete evidence of who did what. Having someone say "we believe it was the Russians" is innuendo and speculation...not proof or evidence. I 'believe' you are a 40 year old gay transvestite living your mommy's basement without a real job but I have no real proof. I just speculate based upon what I see of you on here.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I have to admit that I have criticized this guy in the past but this move is pretty slick as would bring Israeli security to DC for Jan.20 so the CIA would be check-mated from pulling any sh*t. (at least in theory as Israel would be a lot better off with Trump at the helm with his hands free) There was already an announcement that his oldest daughter and her husband might be sent to Israel in an official capacity such as Ambassador. (once he is qualified of course) Having them in Israel would lessen the load for the Secret Service as well.
Is this how he escapes from the corruption charges that are hanging over his head at the moment?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has canceled plans to attend the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, amid rumors that he may instead attend the inauguration of US President-elect Donald Trump.
On Sunday, Netanyahu’s office released a statement announcing the cancelation of the trip, but did not include an explanation. The forum is taking place from January 17-20, and coincides with the inauguration.

Advisors for Trump have reportedly been courting the Israeli leader, the New York Post reported on New Year’s Eve. A source confirmed to the paper that they were hoping he would attend either the ceremony or meet with the President-elect prior to the event.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/us/201701091049415420-netanyahu-davos-trump-inauguration/

The big lie here comes from you ya balless wonder. There is still no concrete evidence of who did what. Having someone say "we believe it was the Russians" is innuendo and speculation...not proof or evidence. I 'believe' you are a 40 year old gay transvestite living your mommy's basement without a real job but I have no real proof. I just speculate based upon what I see of you on here.
I remember back in the day one of the kids did stay at home to see the folks had help when needed in their 'advanced years'. I have to admit posts that yours just give me glimpse of how it would go if you were the one in the example you provided. Misery by Stephen King if you will If you look at a hi-tech rec room with 6 computer stations for 6 geeks then it isn't the existence you imagine it to be. Even a nanny cam for the folks.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am still coming to grips with a populace that believes in so many conspiracy theories
to the point they are constantly sucked in by fake new. Or the President regards the
National Enquirer as a reputable news source

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
citations are NOT your friends

Does CBC still pretend to do news.

I am still coming to grips with a populace that believes in so many conspiracy theories
to the point they are constantly sucked in by fake new. Or the President regards the
National Enquirer as a reputable news source

If you won't conspire you won't live.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
to the point they are constantly sucked in by fake news.
I wonder who's behind all that?

Breitbart?

The Koch Bros.?

Rupert Murdoch?