Trudeau Promises to Stand up to American Idiot President

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Just to clarify, I am paraphrasing.

Justin Trudeau says he won’t hesitate to defend Canadian interests if Trump goes too far

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he would not hesitate to protect the interests — and the values — of Canadians if they clash with the agenda of U.S. president-elect Donald Trump.

In a year-end interview with The Canadian Press, Trudeau was asked where he would draw a line in the sand between himself and Trump, who promises to be a less-than-ordinary president of the world’s only superpower and Canada’s most important trading partner.

“I do not want to dive into the hypothetical, but you’re asking me, ’where is the line?’ The line, for me, is that I will act in a way that ensures that Canadians do not suffer and have all the benefits and opportunities that I can possibly give them,” he said.

Trudeau said his top responsibility is to serve the interests of the country that elected him.

That means creating good jobs, fostering trade with the United States and settling differences with Canada’s largest trading partner; but it goes beyond the economy.

“It is also in the interest of Canadians to have a more open, more tolerant, more secure world,” he said.

There are different ways to “protect and improve” opportunities and results for Canadians, which is something he said applies not only to Trump.

“In certain situations, it’s to work in a very collaborative way. In other situations, it will be to be very clear that we do not share the same values,” he said.

Justin Trudeau says he won’t hesitate to defend Canadian interests if Trump goes too far | National Post

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
@ Flossy ...

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
What does Trudeau know about 'the interests of this country'? His actions so far indicate he hasn't a clue and doesn't care about the interests of the country.
I can just see him trying to 'stand up to Trump'! It didn't do much when he attempted to 'stand up to Putin'. Putin and Trump would both laugh themselves into fits over anything Trudeau says. Or does. They should give him a gift of towels for Christmas so he can dry behind his ears.