Obama administration stiff-arms lawmakers questioning secret refugee deal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
barry being spiteful and arrogant to the bitter end.

Nearly 2,500 refugees from terrorism hotspots around the world are bound for the U.S. after being rejected by Australia, but not even top lawmakers can get answers about who they are.

In an unprecedented move, the U.S. State Department has classified details on refugees to be resettled in America via a secret deal made with Australia. The bi-lateral agreement, which Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull called a “one-off,” involves 2,465 people currently being held in Papua New Guinea and Nauru who will now be transferred onto U.S. soil.

“This is a backroom deal, wheeling and dealing with another country's refugee problem,” Center for Immigration Studies fellow Don Barnett told FoxNews.com. “I don’t believe for a moment it’s a one-time deal. That’s for public consumption.”

The move has also raised a red flag among Congressional oversight members.

In a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and Secretary of State John Kerry, key lawmakers Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., complained about the lack of transparency.

“This situation is concerning for many reasons,” read the letter, charging that “your departments negotiated an international agreement regarding refugees without consulting or notifying Congress.”

more

Obama administration stiff-arms lawmakers questioning secret refugee deal | Fox News

fortunately, we have Mr. Trump

Trump delivers stinging blow to plans for US-Australia refugee deal

The Mercury

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
MALCOLM Turnbull’s resettlement plan with the US appears doomed with Donald Trump vowing to stop the flow of Middle East refugees to America “dead cold flat”.

At a 50-minute rally before a crowd of supporters in Cincinnati on Thursday, the US president-elect linked Monday’s violent rampage by Somalian immigrant Abdul Razak Ali Artan at Ohio State University to refugee programs “stupidly created by our very stupid politicians”.

Mr Trump, who moves into the White House in 50 days, said he will “suspend immigration from regions where it cannot be safely processed”. The more than 2000 refugees in detention facilities on Nauru and Manus Island are from countries including Somalia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan and Sri Lanka.

“We will do everything in our power to keep the scourge of terrorism out of our country,” Trump told the crowd during his first major address since winning the presidency three weeks ago.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If these people are indeed legitimate refugees, then why the need to keep it a secret? Unfortunately, I can see Trudope stepping in and bringing them to Canada if Trump goes through with his plan. I hope I'm wrong.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Don't worry! Be happy! This is another shuck and jive trick from Obama. BUT.... just a few days left of this Vaudeville act with Obama and Lurch are left.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If these people are indeed legitimate refugees, then why the need to keep it a secret? Unfortunately, I can see Trudope stepping in and bringing them to Canada if Trump goes through with his plan. I hope I'm wrong.

We need to send all of these refugees to Vermont, San Francisco, NYC, Boston, etc. until we can find out what is going on!

*snicker*

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

Sure, send them to Canada! Why not? Canada has become the human garbage dump of the world.
Our native Indians are living on reservations not fit for human habitation while the Liberals put Immigrants up in hotels!
It's pretty terrible the amount of money spent on foreigners and foreign countries while our own people are hurting.
I think Trudeau has an evil heart and no brain!

Oh, but I forgot; Trudeau was only interested in the First Nations to get their votes. Remember all the great promises he made to them then? Now they are forgotten once again.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Yikes !! what the f$#k!!! you just know Trump is going to meet them at the airport and tell them that Santa lives in Canada and off they go to meet him. :))

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sure, send them to Canada! Why not? Canada has become the human garbage dump of the world.
Our native Indians are living on reservations not fit for human habitation while the Liberals put Immigrants up in hotels!
It's pretty terrible the amount of money spent on foreigners and foreign countries while our own people are hurting.
I think Trudeau has an evil heart and no brain!

Oh, but I forgot; Trudeau was only interested in the First Nations to get their votes. Remember all the great promises he made to them then? Now they are forgotten once again.

They can always leave the res.