Celebrities, please note: We don't want to hear your lectures

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can you imagine anything more vomit-inducing than paying (thousands of dollars for this hottest of tickets) to watch a musical, have it ruined by booing from the right-on brigade, then being lectured at by an actor paid to recite other people's lines for a living?

KATIE HOPKINS: Celebrities, please note: Just because we pay you to entertain us it doesn't mean we want to hear your lectures - any more than we did when you were waiting tables

By Katie Hopkins for MailOnline
20 November 2016

If you heard the boos from the audience you might assume the Vice President-elect was chasing gay cast members of the hit musical Hamilton around the stage with electrodes and a bible.

'You try being gay and threatened with shock-conversion by a man who has the audacity to want to see your show,' said some wounded snowflake on my Twitter feed

And that's the nub of it. A leading Republican has the audacity to want to watch this hip hop musical biography of one of the founding fathers of the United States.

The musical celebrates diversity of colour, sexuality, race and gender. And some of the audience felt Pence had no right to share in the celebration and invade their safe space.

Hamilton actor Brandon Victor Dixon delivered a political monologue to Mike Pence after the show

According to Variety, the performance was sporadically disrupted by loud booing at the presence of this strongly conservative and evangelical Christian.

Some even protested outside, holding up well-received lines from the play such as 'Immigrants: we get the job done'. Almost as if they hadn't got a job or a home to go to.

And if all this hostility wasn't enough for a family man trying to heal the wounds of a divisive campaign, Pence was subjected to a monologue after the curtain call from one of the actors, who awarded himself an encore with a fawning cast of luvvies behind him:

'We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights. We truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us.'

Pass the sick bag.

Can you imagine anything more vomit-inducing than paying (thousands of dollars for this hottest of tickets) to watch a musical, have it ruined by booing from the right-on brigade, then being lectured at by an actor paid to recite other people's lines for a living?

The Vice President-elect was also subjected to boos as he sat in the audience of the play

An actor lauded for pretending to be someone else — one of the founding fathers, perhaps — desperately inhabiting the character a little longer, presuming the authority to lecture us on politics?

News flash for the cast of Hamilton: you are not actually part of the Washington elite. You have not been elected. You are paid performers who make people happy for money. Like prostitutes. Or waiters when you are 'resting'.

You might argue this is freedom of speech, protected under the first amendment. But speech is not free if your audience has paid to listen, particularly if it has come to listen to a musical.

Why do luvvies think that they deserve to have more than one vote in the ballot box? That somehow they should be accorded a greater platform from which to lecture all those they consider less informed?

If it's not Robert De Niro telling us he wants to punch Donald Trump in the face, it's Lena Dunham arguing Trump takes us back to a time when women were meant to be beautiful and silent. Sadly I don't think she has the genes for the former. The latter would take a muzzle.

And when actors aren't preaching about politics, they're desperate for you to care about whatever humanitarian crisis they've adopted.

Britain had to endure its own Luvvie-in-Chief, Benedict Cumberbatch, swearing at his audience during a production of Hamlet for not welcoming Syrian refugees.

As his special encore he read a dreary poem called Home by a Somali refugee, before urging theatre-goers to put donations in red buckets being chugged by Cumberbitches, signing off with a cry of 'f*** the politicians'.

Whatever your political persuasion, I believe the theatre, like a cinema, spa or an empty church, is supposed to be a sanctuary.

A place where neither politics nor your mother-in-law can get to you. A place that helps free you from the worries of the mundane, avoid the routine and escape the ordinary into an ethereal or imaginary world.

Dixon, right, is the latest celebrity to use his platform to lecture the world about Donald Trump

If I had paid for my seat only to receive a dreary political rant as an encore, I would have been livid.

And it's not just politics or humanitarian crises, is it?

Actors can't resist lecturing us, whether over the environment, race or gender issues. If they win an award, stand by for a worthy lecture on the state of the coral reefs or why women need better access to bathrooms in India.

Worthy has never been so mind-numbingly dull. Whether it's Leonardo lecturing us on Global Warming or Will Smith boycotting the Oscars for being too white.

In fact, the Academy Awards 2016 were just one long nag-fest of causes, from climate change to banking reform, racial under-representation to sexual abuse on campus.

Why don't actors understand all we want them to do is act?

I also question why it is those who preach tolerance, like the cast of Hamilton, are so incapable of being tolerant themselves.

A crowd of people who celebrate diversity, sexual freedom and racial equality, absolutely incapable of accepting a white-haired gentleman as part of their audience.

They preach diversity but fail to accept diversity of thought or opinion. There is only one opinion allowed. And it's theirs.

Could it be that Clinton's fan-girls and adorables are actually far worse than Trump’s basket of deplorables? That those who preach tolerance cannot stand to hear a view other than their own?

The cast of Hamilton should be ashamed. They have no right to lecture Vice President-elect Mike Pence or challenge his space in the theatre. It seems to me, those who preach tolerance have become the most intolerant of them all.

I am struck that Clinton's campaign based on entirely on race, gender, sexuality and colour has resulted in a new divide. These actors want to protect these differentiators. They don't want Pence to embrace them. They don't want to be the same.

Their biggest fear is acceptance, because then they cease to be special.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
We put these people on pedistals what do you expect? They got all the answers.

They put themselves on pedestals. And their job is to act or to sing crappy pop songs, not to give us lectures on race or gender on non-existent global warming or homeless scum or poor people in Mogadishu or Syrian Islamists (sorry, "refugees") as has become fashionable amongst the right-on luvvies over the last few years.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Katie Hopkins... of Celebrity Big Brother fame... who gives her opinion rather than researched, informed and insightful reporting... is lecturing other celebrities on sharing their opinion...

Oh please... you can not make this **** up

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Katie Hopkins... of Celebrity Big Brother fame... who gives her opinion rather than researched, informed and insightful reporting... is lecturing other celebrities on sharing their opinion...

Oh please... you can not make this **** up

Katie Hopkins is brilliant and, as a newspaper columnist, it's her job to give her opinions on matters in a newspaper.

It's not, however, the job of a bunch of luvvies to lecture us about politics and race and "climate change" and other such matters interesting the Left these days at plays and awards ceremonies. They should just do their job - prancing about on stage or appearing in some crappy film - rather than using such things as a platform to lecture the "little people." When people go to plays or watch awards ceremonies on the TV they just want to watch the play or the awards ceremony. They don't want to be lectured by some right-on prats about how we should drink more Fairtrade Kale Coffee to save beggars in India.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Katie Hopkins is brilliant and, as a newspaper columnist, it's her job to give her opinions on matters in a newspaper.

It's not, however, the job of a bunch of luvvies to lecture us about politics and race and "climate change" and other such matters interesting the Left these days at plays and awards ceremonies. They should just do their job - prancing about on stage or appearing in some crappy film - rather than using such things as a platform to lecture the "little people." When people go to plays or watch awards ceremonies on the TV they just want to watch the play or the awards ceremony. They don't want to be lectured by some right-on prats about how we should drink more Fairtrade Kale Coffee to save beggars in India.

Katie Hopkins could not be further from brilliant. And based on Pence's speeches and rhetoric during the campaign... I think it should be every single American's right to stop him in the street or the restaurant or any place they can get his attention... like a theater where he is a captive audience.... and let him know what more than 50% of the population believes in and stands for. He is by far a worse threat to America than Trump is.

Yay freedom of speech!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The hypocrisy of these people is endless and they're too stupid or stubborn to acknowledge it. It's described beautifully in this article.

Pence took the high-road and said he explained to his children that this was what free speech is about. Good on him! I wish him every success in his new endeavor.

Dix

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Katie Hopkins could not be further from brilliant. And based on Pence's speeches and rhetoric during the campaign... I think it should be every single American's right to stop him in the street or the restaurant or any place they can get his attention... like a theater where he is a captive audience.... and let him know what more than 50% of the population believes in and stands for. He is by far a worse threat to America than Trump is.

Yay freedom of speech!

subtract the ( well documented) vote fraud and you would be giving a minority opinion
see, there's yer trouble

believing and knowing are two different things

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

KATIE HOPKINS: Celebrities, please note: Just because we pay you to entertain us it doesn't mean we want to hear your lectures - any more than we did when you were waiting tables

Etc and so on, I'm not reposting the entire effin message again.

Blackie - you're a real wanker when it comes to the glory of the right-wing idiots.

The audience booed the VP elect - and rightly so - and the cast/spokesperson for the cast actually asked them not to boo. Then took the opportunity to voice their concerns.

As is their right.

At least Pence stayed to listen and wasn't a whiny bytch-child like Trump who after hearing about it went on to lie and complain like a six year old and call for 'safe spaces'.

Considering the POTUS-elect IS one of those Celebrities (sans waiting on tables since Trump hasn't worked a hard day in his life), this whole post is about the purest pile of bullshyte you've ever posted.

And no one should be surprised since your lips are so far up the azz of the RWNJ collective your name should be "Brownie".

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Etc and so on, I'm not reposting the entire effin message again.

Blackie - you're a real wanker when it comes to the glory of the right-wing idiots.

The audience booed the VP elect - and rightly so - and the cast/spokesperson for the cast actually asked them not to boo. Then took the opportunity to voice their concerns.

As is their right.

At least Pence stayed to listen and wasn't a whiny bytch-child like Trump who after hearing about it went on to lie and complain like a six year old and call for 'safe spaces'.

Considering the POTUS-elect IS one of those Celebrities (sans waiting on tables since Trump hasn't worked a hard day in his life), this whole post is about the purest pile of bullshyte you've ever posted.

And no one should be surprised since your lips are so far up the azz of the RWNJ collective your name should be "Brownie".
I guess your not happy with America's choice .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Kinda makes a body wonder what Katie Hopkins has done that makes her worth listening to.

Here's a notion:

Katie Olivia Hopkins (born 13 February 1975) is an English television personality and newspaper columnist. Hopkins first appeared on television as a contestant on the third UK series of the reality television programme The Apprentice in 2007. She frequently made personal and critical comments on camera, and turned down a place in the series' final. She subsequently appeared in I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! on ITV and Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5.

Ay-yup, she's sayin' celebrities should do their jobs and keep their mouths shut.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Kinda makes a body wonder what Katie Hopkins has done that makes her worth listening to.

Here's a notion:

Katie Olivia Hopkins (born 13 February 1975) is an English television personality and newspaper columnist. Hopkins first appeared on television as a contestant on the third UK series of the reality television programme The Apprentice in 2007. She frequently made personal and critical comments on camera, and turned down a place in the series' final. She subsequently appeared in I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! on ITV and Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5.

Ay-yup, she's sayin' celebrities should do their jobs and keep their mouths shut.

Exactly