Trump offered gifts to influence coverage - Megyn Kelly

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Trump colluding with the MSM again.

She said she was not the only journalist who had been offered gifts, saying this was "one of the untold stories of the 2016 campaign".

The claims are in her memoir, to be released on Tuesday.

In her memoir, Ms Kelly alleges that Mr Trump offered to fly her and her husband to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, or let her and her friends stay at his New York City hotel for free for the weekend. She said she did not accept his offers.

Trump offered gifts to influence coverage - Megyn Kelly - BBC News

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well that's a pretty weenie 'gift'. And I don't see any of these talking heads doing what they did for a weekend in a hotel.

It was done by the higher ups for 100's of millions in advertising dollars.......

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

He doesn't have to do that now, since he's gained power.

Now he can use real threats, intimidation and coercion.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Ms. Kelly is a troublemaking weasel. She's obsessed with revenge for getting her wrist bruised when she tried to enter a restricted area during the campaign.
Every time she opens her mouth she digs herself deeper into a hole. She should let go of the shovel.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Ms. Kelly is a troublemaking weasel. She's obsessed with revenge for getting her wrist bruised when she tried to enter a restricted area during the campaign.
Every time she opens her mouth she digs herself deeper into a hole. She should let go of the shovel.

Anybody who disagrees with Trump should just SHUT UP! lf they know what's good for them.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Conflict of interest, cajoling, and intimidation appears now to be an acceptable form of behaviour for the White House!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

He doesn't have to do that now, since he's gained power.

Now he can use real threats, intimidation and coercion.
Many Dems are like spoiled children. Everything is wonderful when they get their way, but oh oh! Now, some are bagging their fists and holding their breath. I guess the democratic process doesn't work for them.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Many Dems are like spoiled children. Everything is wonderful when they get their way, but oh oh! Now, some are bagging their fists and holding their breath. I guess the democratic process doesn't work for them.

I'm not a Dem but I know a thug when I see one. Trump is used to geting his way by whatever means, is vengeful, acts arbitrarily and now has a whole new and very powerful tool kit available to deal with his opponents.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Omg someone with a actual set of testicules is in power. And it's exactly what they need to turn this little girl country around.

What a bunch of fat little whining girl pussies we have become.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Omg someone with a actual set of testicules is in power. And it's exactly what they need to turn this little girl country around.

What a bunch of fat little whining girl pussies we have become.

You like a strong man, do you?

A Father?

A leader?

A fuhrer?

Who's the little girl, then? The one who needs a father figure?

We've all been here before and apparently, lots of us are stupid enough to make the same dumb mistakes.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Trump colluding with the MSM again.

She said she was not the only journalist who had been offered gifts, saying this was "one of the untold stories of the 2016 campaign".

The claims are in her memoir, to be released on Tuesday....

I wonder what Hillary offered to have most of the media acting like
her own personal cheer leading squad and public relations team.

I remember years ago when Ronny Reagan was running for the
Hot Seat. A scheduled late night movie (some money goes to
Washington...Reagan was in the show as a younger actor
)
couldn't be shown, as equal time on air had to be allotted
to each candidate.

I don't recall Trump being given 1/2 hour of commercial advertising
time to balance out each time the news came on. Guess that
equal time thing must have changed.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
You like a strong man, do you?

A Father?

A leader?

A fuhrer?

Who's the little girl, then? The one who needs a father figure?

We've all been here before and apparently, lots of us are stupid enough to make the same dumb mistakes.

America is great because they won the war against Hitler. To win that war you need to be a bigger military might then Hitler. America insen't great because it was a big snowflake *****.

America didn't win the war against Hitler with feminism and being a nice little girly man.

America won the war against Hitler, by being a bigger Hitler then Hitler.

And just the fact I have to explain this means you have absolutely no idea how the real world works

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
America is great because they won the war against Hitler. To win that war you need to be a bigger military might then Hitler. America insen't great because it was a big snowflake *****.

America didn't win the war against Hitler with feminism and being a nice little girly man.

We also won a war against Hitler.So did the UK and especially, so did the Soviet Union who bore the brunt of the fighting and did almost all of the dying.

Fact is, the US was part of a greater coalition. For most of the war, the US was not a "bigger military might than Hitler" and was, the #2 participant in the coalition ... the richest one with the most gear, but not ths biggest and certainly not the most militarily skilled. Their conscriipt army was often second rate (see: Battle of the Bulge)

So, you are willing to gamble democracy itself on the strength of some Hollywood invented historic illusion?

BTW, the "girlies" back home built a big part of the arsenal that really did make America great.

Please finish high school.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The pussification of America will kill it. We didn't get to where we are by being the biggest pussies in the world.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
We also won a war against Hitler.So did the UK and especially, so did the Soviet Union who bore the brunt of the fighting and did almost all of the dying.

Fact is, the US was part of a greater coalition. For most of the war, the US was not a "bigger military might than Hitler" and was, the #2 participant in the coalition ... the richest one with the most gear, but not ths biggest and certainly not the most militarily skilled. Their conscriipt army was often second rate (see: Battle of the Bulge)

So, you are willing to gamble democracy itself on the strength of some Hollywood invented historic illusion?

BTW, the "girlies" back home built a big part of the arsenal that really did make America great.

Please finish high school.

They certainly got the biggest part of the war spoils. They didn't do that by being equal and fair and nice snowflakes.

And that's what Trump is. He will wheel and deal to get the bigger parts for America.

Even the stock markets agreed with me. They all gone up because they know how the world works. Nice guys finish last.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They certainly got the biggest part of the war spoils. They didn't do that by being equal and fair and nice snowflakes.

The US and Canada were not bombed, blockaded or in any way molested at all. We built up all sorts of factory and resource potential to fight the war and it left both of us rich. Before the war, both of our countries were poor after a decade of devastating depression, the likes of which neither of us have experienced since.

It's easy to look like Superman when all of your competitors have been bombed to rubble.
P!ease finish High School.