Steve Bannon suggests having too many Asian tech CEOs undermines ‘civic society’

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
4 years of this ****

Trump’s chief strategist Steve Bannon suggests having too many Asian tech CEOs undermines ‘civic society’

President-elect Donald Trump’s chief strategist seems to think there are too many immigrants leading Silicon Valley. Steve Bannon, who previously served as Breitbart News Network’s executive chairman, hinted at some of his views on foreign workers at technology companies in the past. In an interview between Trump and Bannon that took place last year, and that The Washington Post resurfaced yesterday, Bannon alluded to the idea that foreign students should return to their respective countries after attending school in the US, instead of sticking around and working at or starting tech companies.

Trump voiced concern over these students attending Ivy League schools and then going home: “We have to be careful of that, Steve. You know, we have to keep our talented people in this country,” Trump said.

When asked if he agreed, Bannon responded: “When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think . . . ” he didn’t finish his sentence. “A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.”

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/16/...esidency-chief-strategist-breitbart-tech-visa

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
If we're lucky, Trump will start a trade or immigration war early on in his presidency, the economy will quickly tank and US citizens will all need bisas to travel everywhere, Trump will quickly panic and change his tune, and then he'll just maintain the present status quo for the next four years unsure about what to do next without providing retaliation.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
We should pay attention to what Steve says, he might have some good ideas on how to get rid of Leftie Losers!!

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
What is mind boggling about this government is that the purpose of talking seem to be done to fuel each other, they don't seem to provide facts for backing up their bigotry. Two third or three quarter is a high number to swallow. Incredulous really.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What is mind boggling about this government is that the purpose of talking seem to be done to fuel each other, they don't seem to provide facts for backing up their bigotry. Two third or three quarter is a high number to swallow. Incredulous really.

Even if it were true, so what? Hire the most qualified and make them pay taxes to help the poor. Done.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
We are due for a big war. Nature longs for a good ridence of the weak. The level of retards has exceeded sustainability.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I don't see what's wrong with keeping our brightest minds in country.
I don't seen what's wrong with foreign students getting educated here and then returning home either. Why let them stay and take jobs that American students could fill?
Trump's and Bannon's ideas aren't about racism, they're about employment and the economy.
Trump made it abundantly clear that he wanted to put America and American citizen's interests first. There's nothing racist about that; it's common sense.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't see what's wrong with keeping our brightest minds in country.
I don't seen what's wrong with foreign students getting educated here and then returning home either. Why let them stay and take jobs that American students could fill?

Did you notice that letting them stay is exactly what Trump was suggesting?