Obama in a state of denial about Trump

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
try some happy smoke barry. Lol

Barack Obama has deluded himself with the misguided hope that Donald Trump will not even try to follow through on many of his biggest campaign promises. He is consoling himself with the hope that, if he does, the new president will be measured, self-restrained and respectful of custom. That he will “study … deeply” and “look at the facts.” That logic and reason, not emotion or ideology, will drive him above all else.

The lame-duck president has convinced himself that Republicans probably won’t go through with repealing Obamacare when they realize just how hard it will be. Ditto with the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord.
“Reality has a way of asserting itself,” Obama reasoned. “I also think that he is coming to this office with fewer set hard-and-fast policy prescriptions than a lot of other presidents might be arriving with. I don't think he is ideological. I think ultimately he’s pragmatic in that way.”

more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-stages-of-grief/582a5edee9b69b6085905df3/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
obama is not riding that wave anymore
there is bound to be withdrawals