Who is Black Mimi? Bump. Help Canada!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I watched her performance during CBC's US election coverage last night. She was the first gloom and doom messenger I saw. Who is she? Why was she chosen to cover the US election? What is her claim to fame?

She was genuinely embarrassing to watch. David Frum was sitting beside her and looked uncomfortable at times. Why did they seat me beside this fool?

Bump.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Haven't a clue who she is ................and frankly I couldn't care less, Murph.......laughed out loud when she was wailing and gnashing her teeth about the very possibility of Trump becoming Pres.......Frum leaned over and calmly stated that a winning Trump was a very different kettle of fish then a losing Trump - her mouth snapped closed so fast she might have broken some teeth.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I couldn't find her, even after googling the name. :lol:

I think CBC would have been better off having one of their regulars on the panel. So many to choose from that they should have been able to get two or three of the following:

Rex Murphy (my cuz, once removed), Ian Hanomansing, Wendy Mesley, Neil McDonald, Andrew Coyne, Chantal Hébert, Saša Petricic, Terry Milewski, Paul Hunter, or Havard Gould.

They were all busy?

CBC really missed the mark on this.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually, I got a lot of my updates when I was out from the BBC app which was much better than CNN for current information and usability so CBC wouldn't be that much different. I think BBC got its projections and data from ABC as they credited ABC for every projection.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The American networks did a good job for the most part. From what I saw of the CBC coverage, they sucked. Strange, considering Mansbridge is usually quite good.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I couldn't find her, even after googling the name. :lol:

I think CBC would have been better off having one of their regulars on the panel. So many to choose from that they should have been able to get two or three of the following:

Rex Murphy (my cuz, once removed), Ian Hanomansing, Wendy Mesley, Neil McDonald, Andrew Coyne, Chantal Hébert, Saša Petricic, Terry Milewski, Paul Hunter, or Havard Gould.

They were all busy?

CBC really missed the mark on this.

American activist and political pundit Danielle Moodie-Mills took part in U.S. election night coverage on CBC News Tuesday and outlined her disappointment to viewers.

She called Trump’s lead indicative of a level of hate across the country “not seen since Jim Crow.”
Moodie-Mills said:

This is so much bigger than that. This is about ... and I will say it, because I have literally nothing left to lose tonight ... is that this is literally white supremacy’s last stand in America. This is it. This is what this looks like.

This was black people being pushed out of rallies. This was a young boy with cerebral palsy and having his wheelchair kicked and being brought to the front of the line. I mean, this is hatred on a level that we have not, that we have not seen since Jim Crow. So you want to talk about whether Hillary Clinton was likeable, whether it was about emails — no.

We underestimated, as Americans, how deep our hatred was of the other. How deep white, uneducated Americans felt about the demographic shift. We underestimated that level of insidious hatred. And what you have was a man who went around, he stoked every fire, he lit every bridge and just opened the floodgates.

We Have Witnessed Level Of Hatred Not Seen Since Jim Crow: CBC Pundit

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The American networks did a good job for the most part. From what I saw of the CBC coverage, they sucked. Strange, considering Mansbridge is usually quite good.

The wing nut panel was an exceptionally humourous diversion from reality.

They were very upset.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
American activist and political pundit Danielle Moodie-Mills took part in U.S. election night coverage on CBC News Tuesday and outlined her disappointment to viewers.

She called Trump’s lead indicative of a level of hate across the country “not seen since Jim Crow.”
Moodie-Mills said:

This is so much bigger than that. This is about ... and I will say it, because I have literally nothing left to lose tonight ... is that this is literally white supremacy’s last stand in America. This is it. This is what this looks like.

This was black people being pushed out of rallies. This was a young boy with cerebral palsy and having his wheelchair kicked and being brought to the front of the line. I mean, this is hatred on a level that we have not, that we have not seen since Jim Crow. So you want to talk about whether Hillary Clinton was likeable, whether it was about emails — no.

We underestimated, as Americans, how deep our hatred was of the other. How deep white, uneducated Americans felt about the demographic shift. We underestimated that level of insidious hatred. And what you have was a man who went around, he stoked every fire, he lit every bridge and just opened the floodgates.

We Have Witnessed Level Of Hatred Not Seen Since Jim Crow: CBC Pundit

Good job! It's Black Mimi!!!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I wonder why Canadian television - the CBC specifically - didn't bother having their own people on the panel? It's a question only the CBC can answer I suppose.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I wonder why Canadian television - the CBC specifically - didn't bother having their own people on the panel? It's a question only the CBC can answer I suppose.
Because it was an American election?

I mean, I don't know, but maybe they were thinking along those lines.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Perhaps, but I don't recall them ever doing that before.

The CBC has a bunch of journalists who work in the US. CBC also has the regular assortment of mouthpieces that most television stations employ. Commentators, analysts, etc.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I watched CBC. I didn't really care who won and the CBC is generally pretty funny when they try to do serious political discussion