Whiny NFL QB won't stand for National Anthem

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
he'll show us boy oh boy.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the national anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

His latest refusal to stand for the anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers' preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium on Friday night.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com

Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Heidi Russo, a 19-year-old woman who was single and destitute at the time. His birth father, an African American, was out of the picture before he was born.[1][2][3] Russo placed her son for adoption with Rick and Teresa Kaepernick, a white couple who had two children—son Kyle and daughter Devon—and were looking for a boy after having lost two other sons to heart defects.[1][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
wait till he learns his country oppresses everybody...
regardless of race creed or color
they are very PC down that way

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I sing the English version of Oh Canada loudly when the singer sings the French version. I also make sure to emphasize the "sons command" part.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Colin Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000.

Yep, sounds like that systemic racism and oppression has impoverished the poor guy.

And he's still miserable.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Colin Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000.

Yep, sounds like that systemic oppression has impoverished and exploited him.

Nice work if you can get it

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
beer canabis !
our home was the natives' land
we'll have a riot, with this fun rock band
with showie tarts, we see thee rise
I bought dinner, so love is wrong, but free
shes far too wide
Oh Canola leplease, feed no lard to me...
Oh Can I dash, though I said lunch was...to... be... on.... me...

yeah...maybe its time to retire that old thing too

Last edited:

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
The only ones oppressing black Americans are black Americans. Those black Americans who don't waste their time feeling sorry for themselves seem to do alright. They become lawyers, doctors, teachers, authors, celebrities, journalists. Etc.!
It's easy to sit on your fat black *** and complain about being oppressed while you earn millions in the country whose flag you won't stand up for.
Black people need to stop living with resentment of a past long gone and start blending into American mainstream society. Every race has been enslaved at some time in history but they eventually were freed just as the black people were freed. And when they were they started looking ahead, not looking back in anger after the second generation or so.
Politicians contribute to these racial problems and attitudes with their continued used of the words 'bigot' and 'racist'. They ought to stop using those words, start referring to all races as Americans. They only make matters worse and escalate racism with their stupid rhetoric.
They encourage minority groups to feel sorry for themselves and pit minority groups against each other while escalating the resentment of white people whom they blame for their problems and who have actually bent over backward to be tolerant in most cases.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
No where else in the world would this ungrateful spoiled punk be able to enjoy the lifestlyle he has. Trying to act like a do gooder. If he wants to make a difference then stop the fukkin whining and donate half his enormous salary to those he feels are oppressed.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
It's his choice to love his country or not, he obviously does not. It's his choice to spit in the face of his country when the world is watching or, he could have a brain and write to congress or express his disagreements in proper forums. Never should a citizens or an Olympian for that matter, spit in the face of 'all' of what their country stands for, because indirectly or directly that includes what they might like, such as veterans (then again, maybe they don't appreciate that either)!! these people are crossing the line. Why are some American shaming their country? is America that bad, one has to wonder. I know oppressed people and it is not this pinhead.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
National pride is a false construct designed to pit people against each other. Why would anyone stand up for the logo and song of their corporate slavemasters? I guess the brainwashed sheeple don't even realize they have a choice to respect themselves and freedom more than a painted rag and a little ditty.