Because race baiting is big business?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Paul Joseph Watson ‏@PrisonPlanet

Why is @ESPYS promoting a violent, racist, domestic hate group that inspires cop killings?

The ESPY’s Open With Pro-Black Lives Matter Message –‘The Racial Profiling Has to Stop’

This year’s “ESPY Awards” on ABC opened with NBA stars Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James delivering a message regarding last week’s death of two African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement, and the Dallas attack on police officers that left five dead and several others injured.

“We cannot ignore the realities of the current state of America,” Anthony said. “The events of the past week have put a spotlight on the injustice, distrust and anger that have plagued so many of us. The system is broken. The problems are not new. The violence and the racial divide is definitely not new. But, the urgency to create change is at an all-time high.”

Chris Paul then listed off Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, Laquan McDonald, Alton Sterling and Philando Castile as “our reality,” hoping athletes can follow in the footsteps of John Carlos, Tommie Smith, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jim Brown, Billie Jean King and Arthur Ashe.

Wade added, “The racial profiling has to stop. The ‘shoot to kill’ mentality has to stop. Not seeing the value of black and brown bodies has to stop. But also the retaliation has to stop. The endless gun violence, in places like Chicago, Dallas, not to mention Orlando, it has to stop. Enough. Enough is enough.”

“We all feel helpless and frustrated by the violence. We do, but that’s not acceptable. It’s time to look in the mirror and ask ourselves, ‘What are we doing to create change?’ James asked.

Watch: The ESPY's Open With Pro-Black Lives Matter Message -'The Racial Profiling Has to Stop' - Breitbart

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Meanwhile here in Canada, people call the cop if you walked on their lawn to deliver a news paper.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
On the Senate floor, black GOP senator talks of disrespect from police

By David Weigel July 13

South Carolina’s Tim Scott, the sole black Republican in the Senate, delivered a bristling and personal speech Wednesday in which he talked of being questioned by police simply because of his race.

“There’s a deep divide between the black community and law enforcement — a trust gap,” Scott said. “I do not know many African American men who do not have a very similar story to tell, no matter their profession, no matter their income, no matter their disposition in life.”

Scott, whose political career began 21 years ago on Charleston’s City Council, joined Congress in 2010 by defeating one of the sons of former senator Strom Thurmond. He served just one term in the House before being elevated to the Senate by Gov. Nikki Haley (R), the state’s first female and nonwhite governor. After they endorsed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) for president, Haley joked that the future of the Republican Party “looked like a United Colors of Benetton ad.”

But Scott, the first black Republican in the Senate since the 1970s, did not leap forward to be a spokesman on race. As recently as last September, Scott defended the use of the term “All Lives Matter,” which the Black Lives Matter movement views as another way to diminish the threats that black people live with in America, telling CNN that “if that is somehow offensive to someone, that’s their issue, not mine.”

That heightened the drama of Scott’s speech, the second of three he is giving in response to last week’s shootings. “The good Lord has given me a soapbox, and I’m going to use this soapbox to talk about what needs to be spoken about,” he told his home town newspaper this week. On Tuesday, Scott praised the sacrifices of police officers; on Wednesday he described the worst of seven humiliating incidents with the police since winning public office that had humiliated him.

“The vast majority of time, I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood, or some reason just as trivial,” Scott said. “Imagine the frustration, the irritation, the sense of a loss of dignity that accompanies each of those stops.”

Another time, Scott said, he was entering one of the Senate’s offices wearing the pin that identified him as a member of Congress. An officer stopped him, demanding his identification.

“I was thinking to myself: Either he thinks I’m committing a crime, impersonating a member of Congress, or what?” Scott said.
That incident elicited the third call Scott has received from Capitol police to offer an apology for misidentifying him. He was not the first black legislator with a similar story; In 2006, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) got into a scuffle with an officer who did not recognize her. McKinney’s incident created a brief national firestorm. Scott did not tell his story until Wednesday.

“While I thank God I have not endured bodily harm, I have, however, felt the pressure applied by the scales of justice when they are slanted,” Scott said. “I have felt the anger, the frustration, the sadness and the humiliation that comes with the feeling that you are being targeted for being nothing more than yourself.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/on-the-senate-floor-black-gop-senator-talks-of-disrespect-from-police/2016/07/13/db67c7de-4949-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
alrighty then. let's all shut-up about who's life is more valuable, privilaged and stuff eh.
No Loc, you just keep on race and religious bating. It is a free country. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your capitalist endeavors.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
No Loc, you just keep on race and religious bating. It is a free country. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your capitalist endeavors.

yeah, I am being deliberately facetious clifford.

of course the narcissistic factions will never behave like your meme implies.

the entitled peacenicks will always whine about being have-not-ers.

you know how it goes there eh.

[somebody done somebody wrong song]