Nobody Wants To Be Trump's VP?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nobody Wants To Be Trump's VP?

lol...he truly is toxic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/us/politics/donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=1

t’s a time-honored tradition for politicians to deny any interest in the vice presidency. But this year, with the possibility of Donald J. Trump as the Republican nominee, they really mean it.

“Never,” said Chris Schrimpf, a spokesman for Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who is still running against Mr. Trump. “No chance.”

“Hahahahahahahahaha,” wrote Sally Bradshaw, a senior adviser to Jeb Bush, when asked if he would consider it.

“Scott Walker has a visceral negative reaction to Trump’s character,” said Ed Goeas, a longtime adviser to the Wisconsin governor.

Or, as Senator Lindsey Graham put it, “That’s like buying a ticket on the Titanic.”

A remarkable range of leading Republicans, including Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina and Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona, have been emphatic publicly or with their advisers and allies that they do not want to be considered as Mr. Trump’s running mate. The recoiling amounts to a rare rebuke for a front-runner: Politicians usually signal that they are not interested politely through back channels, or submit to the selection process, if only to burnish their national profiles.

Betcha Palin does.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Trump has reportedly narrowed his choice for VP to 3 candidates... Indiana Governor Mike Pence, NJ Governor Chris Christie and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

The biggest mistake he could make would be to choose Newt Gingrich who is as flighty as you can get. He is associated the NeoCon debacle of the Contract on America in the 1990s (which got him fired by his own party) and has a completely sketchy personal life. He is far too insubstantial to do the ticket any good. Trump doesn't need an attack dog, like Christie, he fills that role well enough himself.. and you put two dogs in the same cage and you end up with a brawl.

Trump has all the momentum he needs for his campaign. He has the sails and he's picked up a full gale of trade winds. What his ship needs is a solid keel.. a complement to his style with someone who is firm, moderate, predictable, conventional. He needs someone with political finesse and who has some affinity with social conservatives. The only good choice is Mike Pence.

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

The Trump/Palin Ticket because Late night doesn't already have enough material. :lol:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
This is your moment, Cold! Step up!

He can give me a call if he gets elected, i'll bring in a couple of attack dogs in Commerce and Treasury.. and let them loose on the Wall Street Banks and the corporations who've abandoned their American workers and still expect unrestricted access to the American market.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's actually not a bad idea, Boom. Cookie Monster'd make one heck of a VP.

He can give me a call if he get's elected, i'll bring in a couple of attack dogs in Commerce and Treasury.. and let them loose on the Wall Street Banks and the corporations who've abandoned their American workers and still expect unrestricted access to the American market.

Um. . . no, you'll sit up at the Naval Observatory, attend the funerals of dead dictators, and otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The biggest mistake he could make would be to choose Newt Gingrich who is as flighty as you can get. He is associated the NeoCon debacle of the Contract on America in the 1990s, and has a completely sketchy personal life.

Do you think that Trump voters will be turned away from Gingrich's sketchy personal life?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Do you think that Trump voters will be turned away from Gingrich's sketchy personal life?

Mike Pence came from Irish Catholic roots. Supposedly he's an Evangelical but at least he's got a religious grounding, something Trump does not. Gingrich is just a new age flake.. an opportunist who fancies himself a cosmological guru. And Trump has enough baggage in terms of sketchiness for any one ticket... and its minimal in terms of what Gingrich brings in with his luggage.

Last edited:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How is Gingrich's baggage worse than Trump's? Did Gingrich rape one of his wives? Are they mail order brides? Does he want to **** his daughter?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Trump is playing it wit the unpredictability card and sooner or later he is going
to go to the well once too often. The public at large is not likely to vote for him,
and there could even be a surprise at the convention who knows the Republicans
are at the low ebb of credibility

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hey, ME ME ME, how much does it pay? Since I don't give a **** about US politics, I totally could work for this guy; I can see myself now, in a big expensive jet, travelling the world, eating the best, drinking, etc.. yea give me the job man, please!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hey, ME ME ME, how much does it pay? Since I don't give a **** about US politics, I totally could work for this guy; I can see myself now, in a big expensive jet, travelling the world, eating the best, drinking, etc.. yea give me the job man, please!!!!

And you get to visit the undisclosed location!