Here's One For the Real Americans

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sarah Palin assails Obama for Hiroshima visit

By Philip Rucker May 27

SAN DIEGO – Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee, savaged President Obama here Friday for what she termed his “apology lap” in Hiroshima, a Japanese city destroyed by a U.S. atomic bomb during World War II.
Addressing a large Donald Trump campaign rally in downtown San Diego, Palin accused Obama of “dissing our vets” with his visit to Hiroshima — the first by a sitting U.S. president and one designed to honor the memory of all who were lost in the war.
Palin said Obama’s visit suggested that the president believes that “the greatest generation was perpetuating the evil of World War II.” She added, “Our commander in chief suggesting – actually, lying in suggestions – to the world that we were wrong to prove that we would eradicate evil in World War II.”
Thousands of Trump supporters cheered Palin and booed the president. The former Alaska governor-turned-reality TV star and tea party heroine said Trump would be a president “who knows how to win.”
“You mess with our freedom,” she said, “we’ll put a boot in your ***. It’s the American way.” At that, the crowd chanted, “USA! USA! USA!”
Palin was the warm-up act at Trump’s large rally, speaking on stage before the candidate arrived in San Diego. She took issue with Obama’s statement overseas this week that other world leaders have been “rattled” by the rise of Trump.
“Rattled, are they now?” Palin said. “Well, maybe it’s time that things get rattlin’.” She pointed out that the yellow Gadsden flag flown at tea party rallies depicts a rattlesnake “coiled, prepared, ready to strike.”
“So, yeah, rattlin’ – it’s a good thing,” she said.
Palin took aim at Trump’s critics, including in the Republican Party.
“You know that tent that the GOP operatives have at least claimed for so long now that they really wanted to enlarge?” she asked. “They’re really freaked out now that we all came in and demolished their tight-knit tent.”
Turning to look at the television cameras and journalists on the press riser, Palin lambasted the “sheep in the media.”
“Their head is still a-spinnin’,” she said. “Do you know how thoroughly distrusted you are, mainstream media? ... He is now we the people’s nominee, so suck it up, cupcake!”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/27/sarah-palin-assails-obama-for-hiroshima-visit/

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I hope that this, and subsequent generations do not decide to rewrite history according to the "feel good" of the day. Revisionists get under my skin. Most weren't alive. Few or none could possibly understand the mood, feelings and events that were happening.

You can interpret history. You can factually add to it, as more information is discovered. You can debate it. Don't rewrite it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Palin. Hmmmm ....

She likely forgot that Reagan visited Germany and paid homage to their fallen.

But let's keep that a secret.

Having said all that, yes I agree he, like Reagan, has/had no business being overseas. He should get his butt back home and finish the job he started.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The Americans did not go to war to irradicate evil. They went to war because they were attacked by Japan and Germany who went to war against THEM. Had it not been for those fatal couple of days when they were attacked, America wouldn't have given two and a half sh1ts about battling evil and would have remained happily neutral. This "Great Crusade" nonsense was invented after the fact to keep the American public on the same page. The same sort of thing happened during the Civil War when a conflict about State's Rights morphed into an antislavery crusade purely by artificial political means.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

So you think the Japs started the war?

The Americans did not go to war to irradicate evil. They went to war because they were attacked by Japan and Germany who went to war against THEM. Had it not been for those fatal couple of days when they were attacked, America wouldn't have given two and a half sh1ts about battling evil and would have remained happily neutral. This "Great Crusade" nonsense was invented after the fact to keep the American public on the same page. The same sort of thing happened during the Civil War when a conflict about State's Rights morphed into an antislavery crusade purely by artificial political means.

They went to war to conquer wealth bearing realestate and expand thier sphere of influance, Pearl Harbour was full of scrap and replaceable meaty bits. Something had to replace the Alamo, them fukkin Japs is the same as
them fukkin Mesikans and the fukkin slopeish Vietnamease. This could all be settled if they would only attack Europe and the Limeys.

When is the fukkin new order going to get here?

There's nothing new here in Hell.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Palin. Hmmmm ....

She likely forgot that Reagan visited Germany and paid homage to their fallen.

But let's keep that a secret.

Having said all that, yes I agree he, like Reagan, has/had no business being overseas. He should get his butt back home and finish the job he started.

She didn't forget that, she likely has no clue but the Obama derangement continues....

May 1988 President Ronald Reagan made an announcement in the White House Rose Garden -- he would be traveling to the Soviet Union, the nation he had described, not too many years before, as an "evil empire."

51. Reagan Goes to Moscow

Reagan arrives in Moscow for summit talks - May 29, 1988 - HISTORY.com

And we won't start the discussion of what Republican went to Communist China in the 70's.....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hope that this, and subsequent generations do not decide to rewrite history according to the "feel good" of the day. Revisionists get under my skin. Most weren't alive. Few or none could possibly understand the mood, feelings and events that were happening.

You can interpret history. You can factually add to it, as more information is discovered. You can debate it. Don't rewrite it.
You appear to have fallen under the delusion that history as originally written is necessarily 100% true and correct, and all revisionism is simply people trying to score points.

Has it never occurred to you that the original writers were also trying to score points? Have you never heard the cynical, but true, aphorism "The winners write the history books?"

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
How does one go about apologizing for that? "Gee, I'm sorry we decided to shorten the war instead of carrying out a proper invasion of the Japanese Home islands that would have resulted in the deaths of at least a million people".

You appear to have fallen under the delusion that history as originally written is necessarily 100% true and correct, and all revisionism is simply people trying to score points.

Has it never occurred to you that the original writers were also trying to score points? Have you never heard the cynical, but true, aphorism "The winners write the history books?"
Yep. And, if there's only one written account of an historical event with no other contemporary sources keeping a written account, the facts are likely to be skewed.

A few notable events come to mind; The Battle of Kadesh, Hannibal crossing the Alps, much of Cleopatra's story if not all of it, the Battle of Agincourt.

For me, the term "historical revisionism" mean the purposeful revising of history to push a narrative. There's nothing wrong with correcting historical accounts when new evidence shows that what we were taught was in fact, wrong. And by evidence, I mean hard evidence. Not the kind where you might have an indicator or two and decide to take a huge leap of faith that the historical record is wrong and make a bunch of noise about it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
For me, the term "historical revisionism" mean the purposeful revising of history to push a narrative. There's nothing wrong with correcting historical accounts when new evidence shows that what we were taught was in fact, wrong. And by evidence, I mean hard evidence. Not the kind where you might have an indicator or two and decide to take a huge leap of faith that the historical record is wrong and make a bunch of noise about it.
I agree completely, with the proviso that you must understand that the original version of history was also pushing a narrative.

Your comments on evidence are, of course, self-evident (that's a joke, son). And no reasonable person would disagree.

I don't like you, Jin. I don't expect you to care.

For what it's worth, I do respect you.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm not an Obama fan that's for sure. But Palin has full on retard written all over her simpleton face.:).

she is a total embarrassment to any society, thankfully she is a republican, definitely fits in well there.
a true 'lard brain', with a big-*** stupid mouth that opens without any brain activity, and speaks on its own, also
without brain activity, not sure what makes the mouth stop talking, but whatever it is, it takes far
too long, maybe a bit of moose grease would help, I'm sure she has lots on hand.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If the Japs can bomb Pearl Harbor why shouldn't the Yanks be allowed to have a crack at Hiroshima? "What's good for the goose is good for the gander"!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Utter BS. Most ridiculous lie you ever posted, Cliffy, in a long, long, LONG list of ridiculous lies.
The root of it is from the term 'Fragging' from the US military in Vietnam, meaning to kill or assassinate an unpopular or incompetent officer. This was often achieved using a fragmentation grenade for plausible denyability (the enemy threw it, i threw it but it fell short, etc).
This then morphed into the term 'frag' for FPS games in the 90s. Meaning to kill someone.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragging