DNC Steals Nevada Caucas From Sanders

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Democrat Party Ripping itself apart!

Democratic Establishment Steals Nevada Caucus Win From Bernie Sanders - Breitbart

Sander's supporters are furious. This doesn't like good for the Clinton Coronation.

Don't they know it is her turn!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's too bad. I think the Dems have a better shot at winning with Bernie against Trump than Hilary. Bernie is also non-establishment and would nullify that Trump advantage/wildcard. There can't be a more establishment candidate than Hillary.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
With both parties in complete meltdown, I wonder if there might be one good man or woman in the US able and willing to step forward in the latter months of the campaign and create a miracle in, if not uniting all Americans behind him/her at least, achieving a decent enough majority to defeat DT. No party ties. Not beholden to anyone. The same path that DT has taken yet a polar opposite.

I nominate Jon Stewart ;-)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
With both parties in complete meltdown,

The GOP's meltdown is a little different. The DNC Convention in Philly might just be like Chicago 1968 inside and out.

I wonder if there might be one good man or woman in the US able and willing to step forward in the latter months of the campaign and create a miracle in, if not uniting all Americans behind him/her at least, achieving a decent enough majority to defeat DT. No party ties. Not beholden to anyone. The same path that DT has taken yet a polar opposite.
Well Sanders fits that bill. He is not beholden to anyone and as the polls are starting to show he might be able to beat Trump. Hillary on the other hand is losing ground vs DT.

I nominate Jon Stewart ;-)
Ack... you may as well vote for Hillary. ;)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The GOP's meltdown is a little different. The DNC Convention in Philly might just be like Chicago 1968 inside and out.
As long as they keep it off the streets. The last thing Chicago needs is another black-eye.

Well Sanders fits that bill. He is not beholden to anyone and as the polls are starting to show he might be able to beat Trump. Hillary on the other hand is losing ground vs DT.
I have nothing against Bernie, Eagle. I lean towards a younger person. Someone with fresh new ideas and plenty of energy. The job ages you fast - you need to be there for the long run.

Ack... you may as well vote for Hillary. ;)
Okay.........my next nomination goes to .........Stephen Colbert. Too bad that George Carlin didn't hang around longer, he'd have been first on my list. :p

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As long as they keep it off the streets. The last thing Chicago needs is another black-eye.

Well there will be plenty of Bernie people that will not be allowed inside. The Democrats are pretty worried at this point.

Sen. Barbara Boxer is booed and heckled and loses her cool. Then she antagonizes Sander's voters... Democrats just are not very bright.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well there will be plenty of Bernie people that will not be allowed inside. The Democrats are pretty worried at this point.

Sen. Barbara Boxer is booed and heckled and loses her cool. Then she antagonizes Sander's voters... Democrats just are not very bright.

I would be surprised if 50% of Bernie's supporters would vote for Hillary. I think a large chunk will either not vote, write in Bernie's name or vote for Trump over Hillary. I don't see how they can not see the dead weight Hillary is carrying into this election. The candidacies of Trump and Bernie have just about doomed any 'establishment' candidate. On the Republican side you saw them fade away. The DNC is doing a lot more work propping up Hillary than the RNC did propping up those who were not Trump (although I think if they had had 1 candidate against Trump from the beginning and not 602 you would have seen more of it). I think in doing so they are actually making it worse for themselves.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Clinton is already falling behind Trump in pivotal swing states in the East.. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida.. i suppose this will deliver Nevada as well to the Repubs.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think Nevada is already a republican state is it not?

Nevada is actually considered a swing state, neither red nor blue. Gaming and Tourism is the main industry, and has drawn in a complex political demographic to the state, unlike conventional southern states with agricultural roots. It has voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, has a senior Democratic Senator and a Republican Governor.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nevada is actually considered a swing state, neither red nor blue. Gaming and Tourism is the main industry, and has drawn in a complex political demographic to the state, unlike conventional southern states with agricultural roots. It has voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, has a senior Democratic Senator and a Republican Governor.

Thanx for that. Learn something new everyday.