Massive Protest in D.C. Fills Jails Beyond Capacity

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Media Silent as Massive Protest in D.C. Fills Jails Beyond Capacity

Initial reports suggest that hundreds of protesters are being arrested outside Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., right now for participating in a peaceful demonstration against corporate money in politic.
With over 53,000 tweets, #DemocracySpring is trending on Twitter and on Facebook, and the protest is still unfolding. However, some noted that even with a massive outcry, mainstream media coverage was nowhere to be found.

More: Media Silent as #DemocracySpring Protest in D.C. Fills Jails

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Shouldn't be to long before the foilers initiate the rhetoric about agent provacteurs.
Wouldn't surprise me. With 37 police agencies having jurisdiction within the borders of D.C., pretty much a sure thing at least one of them'd think it was a bright idea to stir up trouble.

Oh, by the way, it's also reported by NPR, NBC, Reuters, and Putin TV.

Now there's some media silence for ya!

Now Al-Jazeera, the BBC, Yahoo News, the Washington Times, and KMOV-TV St. Louis are covering it.

Mother Jones, too.

I tells ya, if the media gets any more silent, we might could all go deaf.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Wouldn't surprise me. With 37 police agencies having jurisdiction within the borders of D.C.,

Holy crap... Sounds like it has the potential to morph into a real sh*t-show

Oh, by the way, it's also reported by NPR, NBC, Reuters, and Putin TV.

Now there's some media silence for ya!

Now Al-Jazeera, the BBC, Yahoo News, the Washington Times, and KMOV-TV St. Louis are covering it.

Mother Jones, too.

I tells ya, if the media gets any more silent, we might could all go deaf.

Damn, that media silence sure is making one helluva racket

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Bunch of criminals. Sounds like a non issue to me. Maybe if they didn't break the law they wouldn't get arrested. How's that for a concept?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Good for these protesters. American 'democracy' is now a tyranny of corporate influence, and of massively funded lobbyists.

It is ruining the American economy.. and that of the rest of the West.. with grotesque polarization of wealth, deindustrialization and exploitation and impoverishment of working people. These protesters are patriots.. and the establishment.. is profoundly unsettled by the fact their little scam of standing for 'freedom' is being exposed as a fraud and scam and cover for abased greed and degradation.

It shows in the American election where establishment candidates standing for the status quo have been completely marginalized. But they are not going to go without a fight.. and unlike these protesters.. they are willing to use any form of violence to protect their interests.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
In the process of improving jail facilities in DC why not also Lock Down the Congressional Office Building and the Senate facilities? Both should be Maximum Security areas for the biggest criminals in the US.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
DC must be a badass place if they were only a few 100 short of max capacity. I assume that applies to all other prisons in the US also.