U. of Oklahoma course: A white girl singing Rihanna is a ‘microaggression’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
these institutions of 'higher learning' (and mental masturbation) sound really cool and edgy.

A student enrolled in a University of Oklahoma’s human relations theory class sent Fox News’s Todd Starnes some information about the course which, unfortunately, is sadly all-too common these days.

The student (who wished to remain anonymous) was told “as a white woman it’s insulting and a microaggression for [her] to cover or sing a Rihanna song because [she’s] not from Barbados.”

“I was literally told to go sing the Star-Spangled Banner,” she added.

One assignment included a 100-question checklist to determine the amount of privilege one possesses.

From Starnes’ article:
For example, you’ve got privilege if “a stranger has never asked to touch my hair, or asked if it is real.”

Straight, white guys who have a job, vacation in Cabo, and go to church on Sunday are “very privileged.” Atheists, Muslims and anyone who works at a fast-food joint would be considered under-privileged.

The student who reached out to me wants to work in human resources – and the class is mandatory.
RELATED: To fight ‘oppression,’ campus posters tell Christian students to check their privilege

do enjoy

U. of Oklahoma course: A white girl singing Rihanna is a 'microaggression' - The College Fix

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think it's insulting and a microaggression that Rihanna's song "Same Ol' Mistakes”, from her new album "Anti", is a cover of the song "New Person, Same Old Mistakes" from white Australian band Tame Impala. As a black woman who's not from Australia, she shouldn't be singing that song.