Someone wrote ‘Drumpf 2016’ on Emory’s campus in chalk. Some students said they no lo

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Triggers triggering triggered triggers.

Conservative students at Emory University are planning a free-speech event for next week, after an outcry on campus over messages supporting Donald Drumpf.

Students woke up Monday morning to find messages written in chalk all over campus, in support of Donald Drumpf. That afternoon, a group of 40 to 50 students protested. According to the student newspaper, the Emory Wheel, they shouted in the quad, “You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!” and then students moved into the administration building calling out, “It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains.”

Jim Wagner, the president of the university in Atlanta, met with the protesters and later sent an email to the campus community, saying, in

part, “During our conversation, they voiced their genuine concern and pain in the face of this perceived intimidation.

“After meeting with our students, I cannot dismiss their expression of feelings and concern as motivated only by political preference or over-sensitivity. Instead, the students with whom I spoke heard a message, not about political process or candidate choice, but instead about values regarding diversity and respect that clash with Emory’s own.”

The story spread quickly, as media such as Reason mocked, “At Emory University, Writing ‘Drumpf 2016′ on Sidewalk Is a Racist Microaggression …,” with references to students needing “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” to protect them from presidential candidates’ names and slogans. For many, it was another sign of college students being so overly sensitive that even political campaigning could be seen as hate speech.

the rest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Only thing funnier'n the lefties shrieking about their triggers is the righties shrieking about theirs.

I'm not sure if the whole things is going to implode or explode...

The whole situation is becoming way to surreal.

I've never wanted to go forward into the future before...but now I do. I'm super curious to see how history will treat these bits of it.