The Myths of Black Lives Matter

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The movement has won over Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. But what if its claims are fiction?

{snip}

To judge from Black Lives Matter protesters and their media and political allies, you would think that killer cops pose the biggest threat to young black men today. But this perception, like almost everything else that many people think they know about fatal police shootings, is wrong.

The Washington Post has been gathering data on fatal police shootings over the past year and a half to correct acknowledged deficiencies in federal tallies. The emerging data should open many eyes.

For starters, fatal police shootings make up a much larger proportion of white and Hispanic homicide deaths than black homicide deaths. According to the Post database, in 2015 officers killed 662 whites and Hispanics, and 258 blacks. (The overwhelming majority of all those police-shooting victims were attacking the officer, often with a gun.) Using the 2014 homicide numbers as an approximation of 2015’s, those 662 white and Hispanic victims of police shootings would make up 12% of all white and Hispanic homicide deaths. That is three times the proportion of black deaths that result from police shootings.

The lower proportion of black deaths due to police shootings can be attributed to the lamentable black-on-black homicide rate. There were 6,095 black homicide deaths in 2014–the most recent year for which such data are available–compared with 5,397 homicide deaths for whites and Hispanics combined. Almost all of those black homicide victims had black killers.

Police officers–of all races–are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police.

Some may find evidence of police bias in the fact that blacks make up 26% of the police-shooting victims, compared with their 13% representation in the national population. But as residents of poor black neighborhoods know too well, violent crimes are disproportionately committed by blacks. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks were charged with 62% of all robberies, 57% of murders and 45% of assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, though they made up roughly 15% of the population there.

Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force.

{snip}

The Myths of Black Lives Matter - WSJ

via

The Myths of Black Lives Matter | American Renaissance

but wait, there's more!

College Fix reports on the importance of getting in that leftist indoctrination while minds are soft and yielding: Stef Bernal-Martinez, a self-described “radical queer progressive educator” at Central Park School for Children in Durham, North Carolina, took her entire first grade class to a local Black Lives Matter rally this past Thursday. Yes,during the school day… “The project that my class took on in this quarter was a study of the Black Lives Matter movement,” she says. “And so, we’ve been investigating and asking questions about the issues and the causes that people are fighting for, and my kids... were very excited to, sort of, join the movement themselves.”

Parents of the children in her class were informed,

The students will be wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts during the march on Thursday.

No, don’t raise that eyebrow. When it comes to impressionable six-year-olds, progressive role models are important. Ms Bernal-Martinez is of course enthused by “social justice work” and tells us that she endures a life of oppression in a “White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy.” When not busy indoctrinating the small children left in her care, she spends her time “envisioning a world without physical or intangible borders.”

http://davidthompson.typepad.com/davidthompson/2016/03/elsewhere-193.html

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In the sense that all lives matter yes black lives matter. The real question is why
do we need a movement to state that? The problem is society has allowed the
minority of police forces to act as they please in both Canada and the USA.
Not just against blacks either in Canada hell they killed a guy in Vancouver airport
because he couldn't speak English He raised a stapler in frustration.
He was in a restricted area for hours so he wasn't drunk as some claim and no
cop should be afraid of a stapler. There were four cops one guy and the tasered him
in the end he died he wasn't black but his life mattered.
The kid in the complex in Florida was black killed by an idiot who chased him down.

The add-age applies though Comply with a question "Am I under arrest?" If the cop
says no you don't have to give him anything.
In my view perception says the cops are out of control and the stats being gathered
and quoted are being provided by the people who are out of control.

At the same time the Black Lives Matter campaign is being used and the stats are likely
not accurate either either. In addition a few within the inner circle have their agenda as
we like Greenpeace and other organizations. We are watching the social unraveling
of a nation or North America for that matter. Still I would trust Clinton or Saunders over
the clown show on the other side of theisle

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
These statements would be considered racist and you both would be bigots according to BLM.
Not racist. Just stupid. It's another fairly stupid argument tactic, just like if said "Cops are heroes" and I responded "You don't think soldiers are heroes."

Really, if that's the best they got. . .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not racist. Just stupid. It's another fairly stupid argument tactic, just like if said "Cops are heroes" and I responded "You don't think soldiers are heroes."

Really, if that's the best they got. . .

Well I beg to differ. You must agree wholeheartedly and not open a dialogue.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Indeed, anyone who says 'all lives matter' is deemed to be racist, I've seen it in discussions. By saying 'all lives matter', you're considered to be minimizing the value of black lives, and therefore, you're racist.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thou hast Our leave to differ, with never a fear that Our High Executioner will be paying a visit.

Simply being wrong shouldn't be a capital offense.

Good thinking Bones. There's at least a couple on here who don't realize that. Their opinion is what counts! :) :)

Indeed, anyone who says 'all lives matter' is deemed to be racist, I've seen it in discussions. By saying 'all lives matter', you're considered to be minimizing the value of black lives, and therefore, you're racist.

Anyone?????????????

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's simply amazing to me how so many presumably intelligent, reasonably well-educated people fail to recognize these jejeune rhetorical traps, and/or get bent all out of shape at the accusations of fools.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Worst of Black Lives Matter

The Worst of Black Lives Matter Part 2

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
One other fun little statistic. According to a report released by the DoJ last year, and confirmed by an independent study from the University of Pittsburgh, Black officers are 3.3 times more likely to discharge their firearm at a crime scene.
However, instead of BLM owning that fact, they call Black cops "Uncle Toms".
And after seeing their disgusting displays at Pride events, food fests, the DNC and other events, making those events all about them instead, they should just change their name to NOMEBLM. No One Matters Except BLM.

And the tits have infected Canada too. Now a group in Vancouver is whining about how there isn't an "Africaville" in Vancouver because there's handful of Black people who live in a city of 2.3 million people. Of course maybe it's just an incredibly gross error in geography. There was a place called Africville in Canada at one time, but it was on the opposite end of the country.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
"Lives matter" Would have been the, more intelligent slogan. Black people should be wiser then to intentionally turn this into a racial war.

I care for lives, but if they want to turn this into a black lives, I really don't give a $hit for them anymore. They made their own bed, now they can sleep in it.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The original black panthers were a community watch type group till the FBI cointel pro tards pulled some stunts and put out the black panther coloring book in their name...
This group of of pansies is likely no different...the public is that gullible...
lather rinse repeat...
just like Hal Lindsey, the white spuremacist, was an FBI informant...
its all just theater for the absurd

more divide and conqure boogie man BS for the peeps to eat while watching TV...
just like ISUS, al ciaduh, and Jimminie Carter's taliban....
lather rinse repeat

All run by the PTB for yo infotainment, and at your expence:
and of course every time OBama opens his mocha yap people on all sides, buy even more guns...

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
After all the efforts I made to be open and accepting for black people. I'm realizing they aren't worth the effort.