Donald Trump doing significantly WORSE than Republicans in previous elections

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Right now, Huffington Post Pollster averages Trump's national lead in a match against Hillary Clinton as 37.4%.

I used the same metric from HuffPost Pollster for the 2012 election and from Pollster.com (before it merged with HuffPost) for the 2008 election.

In the first quarter of 2012, Republican Mitt Romney averaged about 43% of national popular vote.

In the first quarter of 2008, Republican John McCain averaged about 45% of the national popular vote.

Again, Trump right now: 37%.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Trump is setting up to split the Republican Party. There are a lot of decent people
who are fiscal conservatives and don't want this guy around. The problem is the
party was influenced by the rogue elements and people viewed them as obstructive.
It created dysfunction and a vacuum and Trump has filled it now they have to solve
the squabble. If trump is the nominee it will be a long road back to pwer

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There are many who worry about electing such a blatant narcissist. The risk is his ego will define all of his decisions.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Trump is setting up to split the Republican Party. There are a lot of decent people
party was influenced by the rogue elements and people viewed them as obstructive.
It created dysfunction and a vacuum and Trump has filled it now they have to solve
people recognize Trumps on set of dementia,they know something is wrong,just not sure what.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What's with all the excitement about Donald Trump? For 8 years everyone bad mouthed Clinton and for 8 years everyone bad mouthed Bush and for 8 years everyone is bad mouthing Obama & I imagine for 8 years (or maybe 4) everyone will be bad mouthing Trump. They are all a bunch a$$holes, so what's the big deal?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I doubt if that "fish wife" voice will endear her to too many people! :)

You might be onto something there. Don't be surprised to see him drop from the race, just after he gets nominated.
don't know what a fish wife is,what is it?i find i am older,and not up on the new lingo.
i do believe i had placed my bets on Mr. Trump dropping out of the race,this is not new questions,but the retirement right after the nomination is a new angle,i think he has too much too lose by dropping out after being nominated,i think we will see him drop out soon.

drop out soon,so people will forget him,October is right around the corner.
summer brings fun to fill the anger swell which trump will leave as his legacy,so for him asI see it Mr. Trump drop out as early as May should be about right, or earlier to pave the way of good strategy.Trump could blame it on something medical,blame his Doctor.
People will not think twice about him during the summer fairs,trump will be a figment of peoples imagination or anger if the truth be spoken,this is the problem,Americans will be picking up the pieces to the "Trump script",people may get hurt,the price is high for Trump's exit,it is high if he remains,medical is the only option for his graceful exit.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
don't know what a fish wife is,what is it?i find i am older,and not up on the new lingo.
i do believe i had placed my bets on Mr. Trump dropping out of the race,this is not new questions,but the retirement right after the nomination is a new angle,i think he has too much too lose by dropping out after being nominated,i think we will see him drop out soon.

drop out soon,so people will forget him,October is right around the corner.
summer brings fun to fill the anger swell which trump will leave as his legacy,so for him asI see it Mr. Trump drop out as early as May should be about right, or earlier to pave the way of good strategy.Trump could blame it on something medical,blame his Doctor.
People will not think twice about him during the summer fairs,trump will be a figment of peoples imagination or anger if the truth be spoken,this is the problem,Americans will be picking up the pieces to the "Trump script",people may get hurt,the price is high for Trump's exit,it is high if he remains,medical is the only option for his graceful exit.

It's a term that's been around for many a year! It's another way of saying her speech isn't too articulate & her voice can be shrill. You have to be careful of what you wish for lest you end up with someone worse.

don't know what a fish wife is,what is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishwife

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Less than a year.

*snicker*