Supreme Court Opening As Scalia Dies

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
A good long life. The writer of Ecclesiastes penned, "the body returns to the dust , where it came from, and the spirit returns to God , where it came from. " No idea what that means other than the man is suffering no more I would think. RIP.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This has the potential to really shake up the composition of the court.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A good time to appoint a real liberal after so many of the Conservatives they
have appointed in the last decade. America needs to have progressives on
the Supreme Court Bench

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
A good time to appoint a real liberal after so many of the Conservatives they
have appointed in the last decade. America needs to have progressives on
the Supreme Court Bench

That will only happen if the Dems take the Presidency, which is likely, I will grant you.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The president nominates someone and the Senate confirms or denies the nomination. There have been several nominees in the past who were turned down by the Senate and never made it to the supreme court.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The president nominates someone and the Senate confirms or denies the nomination. There have been several nominees in the past who were turned down by the Senate and never made it to the supreme court.

S'truth

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Yeah, it's possible. It is a fairly rare event, though, that the Senate explicitly rejects one of the president's nominees. It is more likely that the Republicans will stomp their feet like children, and refuse to let the nomination come to a vote at all. If the Republicans decide that they are just never going to stop speaking to the confirmation motion, then it would take 60 senators' votes to force closure — and there are only 44 Democratic senators.

Only twelve nominations for the Supreme Court have been rejected in the history of the Senate.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It could also be the last act of the Obama Administration.
As for the election, well the Republicans have given the
GOP two black eyes and a form to fill out for a mental
competency test. They all appear to have gone over the
edge to show Jeb Bush is the only sane one God Help us all

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I have to admit getting a person that you shoot in the face to apologize when the victim is a Lawyer is a sure sign of power.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com