Judge Say's Bundys Have To Pay Taxpayers Back

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The other thread hasn't been fixed yet......

A judge whose granddaughter pleaded Monday night for a return to the peace and quiet of normal life in the small community of Burns, Ore., said he plans to bill militia leader Ammon Bundy and others leading the occupation of a nearby wildlife refuge for the costs of the 10-day standoff.

Harney County Judge Steve Grasty spoke at a community meeting and said the occupation has cost taxpayers between $60,000 to $70,000 per day.

“We’re going to send Mr. Bundy the bill,” said Grasty, who urged the community not to provide food to the protesters who took over the refuge on Jan. 2.

“No matter how you feel, do not bring food and supplies up to the refuge,” Grasty said.

Grasty called the militants at the refuge “armed thugs.” But, he also said “there’s no way to deny” Bundy’s occupation started a long-overdue dialogue about federal land management policies.

issued a statement Monday vowing he and other law enforcement officials “will not be intimidated,” and urged out-of-state militants to leave.

“There’s an hourglass, and it’s running out,” Ward said Monday night. “Go home.”

From the other side, there was talk of peace and concerns of violence.

“We know if we continue to go down the road we have been continuing to go down, we will ultimately create a war among the people,” Bundy said Monday at a media briefing. “This is an effort right now, a peaceful effort to make sure that war never comes, to make sure that there is not a war between government and the people.”

Jon Ritzheimer, an Arizona veteran inside the refuge, said the action is necessary for the protection of freedom. He asked fellow “patriots” to join them in Oregon for “history in the making.”

“Please look at this as a deployment, only this time I’m actually serving my country rather than being sent over seas to line the pockets of corrupt politicians,” he said. “It is our sacrifice as a family that will make this country great again, not some election.”

Monday marked the first day schools had reopened since the occupation began. At Monday night’s town meeting, Ashlie Presley, the 15-year-old granddaughter of Judge Grasty, voiced her concerns.

“It was a lot of pressure knowing how tense it could have been today,” Presley said. “And I just want them (Bundy and the militants) to go home so I can feel safe and I can feel like it is home again.”

“I shouldn’t have to be scared in my own hometown,” she said openly weeping as the adults at the meeting applauded her.

Oregon Judge Just Dropped An Atomic Bombshell On Bundy Regarding Standoff Situation

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
They keep rollin in....

Among the militant members who have accessed government computers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, one is an Islamic State sympathizer and Adolph Hitler acolyte.

While militant leader Ammon Bundy
has repeatedly denied government computers were being used by militants, OPB has again confirmed that Department of Interior computers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge are being accessed, and in this instance, being used to make a website for the occupation.

One of the militants occupying the refuge posted video of himself using the computer.

Occupier David Fry said he drove from Ohio – through a blinding winter storm – to help Bundy and his supporters.

The website he created contains video and audio of Fry at the refuge, as well as a “List of Serious Injustice” and a link to buy fellow militant LaVoy Finicum’s mystery novel.

Fry tells OPB he knew the militants who have occupied the refuge “were pretty good people.”

“It was (a) miracle, that I got here,” Fry said Tuesday. “I’ve had quarrels with the government myself, and I feel there has to be some point where people have to put their foot down against the problems.”

Fry didn’t say when he arrived, but he’s set up shop in a building the militants want to turn into a media center, according to Finicum. Fry said he knows “a little bit” about computers.

“I’m just here to document what’s going on (at the compound),” Fry said.

Fry’s Google+ account shows the Ohio man regularly posts anti-Semitic, homophobic, and pro-Nazi propaganda on social media.

Fry also posts in support of ISIS.

“ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS FOR ISIS TO NUKE ISRAELHELL!” he wrote on the site Nov. 30.

When asked to explain his feelings about Israel and ISIS, Fry spoke at length of government conspiracies, plots against multiple countries, Sept. 11, court records, computer viruses on Japanese computers, Fukushima and a Jewish conspiracy against the free world that involves causing nuclear meltdowns.

“One week before Fukushima happened, an Israeli security team installing security equipment was there at Fukushima,” Fry said.

He went on to tell OPB that he got the government computers running using flash drives with Linux on them.

“I am using any computer I can use,” Fry said. “Their data is perfectly preserved … you can’t access any of that, it’s got encryption on it.”

Though the occupation at the refuge has dragged on for more the a week, federal officials have been
reluctant to take action against the armed men. FBI officials have said they’re monitoring the situation.

Speaking at a press conference Tuesday, Finicum said the group will
announce their exit strategy Friday. However, it’s unlikely that the group’s stated goals of turning over federal land to local control and freeing two local ranchers from prison will be accomplished by the end of the week.

Fry, like other militants, said he’s frustrated with the government.

“If you talk to a lot of the people here, everybody’s got their reason to be here, everybody’s got their quarrels with the government,”
Fry said. “I see this as a good stand for America. These are really good people out here.”

video

Militants Use Government Computers To Create Own Website . News | OPB

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I hope that the US goverment is collecting lots of data on these Yahoos ... biometrics, cell phone transmissions, etc. as they join up for their little War against them as they are potentially a real enemy of the United States.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Bundy bodyguard -- aka 'Fluffy Unicorn' -- arrested

man who served as a bodyguard to Ammon Bundy during the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and to Cliven Bundy during his earlier standoff with the federal government was arrested this week by police near Phoenix.

Brian Cavalier, 44, who was known on the Oregon refuge as "Booda Bear," was arrested Monday by municipal police after they discovered he had an outstanding warrant, the Buckeye Police Department said.

Cavalier was a passenger in a "suspicious vehicle" that police pulled over, said Sgt. Jason Weeks, a spokesman for the department. The driver of the vehicle also had a warrant and was arrested, Weeks said. His name was not disclosed.

An early participant in the Malheur occupation, the heavily tattooed and big-bellied Cavalier was often seen next to Ammon Bundy wearing earbuds, a Middle Eastern-style scarf and a pistol on his hip.

The Daily Mail, a British newspaper, reported last week that Cavalier falsely claimed to be a retired Marine who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The U.S. Marine Corps has no record of him serving.

Cavalier left the Malheur refuge on Jan. 5, just a few days into the occupation, according to a report by Reuters reporters who were given access inside one of the buildings and described Cavalier as "head of security."

PEOPLE: Bundy bodyguard -- aka 'Fluffy Unicorn' -- arrested in Ariz. -- Friday, January 15, 2016 -- www.eenews.net

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona rancher LaVoy Finicum told Oregon Public Broadcasting that he's lost his main source of income

Robert “LaVoy” Finicum and his wife Jeanette were foster care parents for troubled boys. Finicum estimates that over the past decade, more than 50 boys came through their ranch near Chino Valley, Arizona. The boys often landed there from mental hospitals, drug rehabs and group homes for emotionally distressed youth.

“My ranch has been a great tool for these boys,” Finicum said. “It has done a lot of good.”

Finicum runs a cattle ranch in Arizona where he says he barely breaks even on the cattle and the loss of 50 children is going to make it financially difficult on the Finicums:

That represents an enormous loss of income for the Finicums. According to a 2010 tax filing, Catholic Charities paid the family $115,343 to foster children in 2009.

“That was my main source of income,” Finicum said. “My ranch, well, the cows just cover the costs of the ranch. If this means rice and beans for the next few years, so be it. We’re going to stay the course.”

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militant-says-foster-children-were-pulled-from-his-home-lavoy-finicum-burns-oregon/

Another member, Blaine Cooper (also known as Stanley Hicks Cooper), posted a rambling video to Facebook on Friday. After saying he was excited about the prospect of Donald Trump coming to help the ranchers (a rumor they’d heard), he mentioned Child Protective Services had kidnapped his children, then said they were with his brother-in-law.

https://www.facebook.com/blaine.cooper23/videos/933947763368063/?theater

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Ammon Bundy arrested with multiple militants, two people reportedly shot

Ammon Bundy arrested with multiple militants, two people reportedly shot

Oregon standoff leader Ammon Bundy and a number of armed militants have been arrested:

KATU News has learned the leader of the armed occupation at Malheur Wildlife Refuge - Ammon Bundy - has been detained, along with at least eight other individuals Tuesday evening.

Officials said it all began with a traffic stop while Bundy and some of his followers were en route to a community meeting in John Day, about 70 miles away.

Shots were fired after FBI agents, Oregon State troopers and other law enforcement agencies made the stop. CNN reports its unclear who fired first.

The militants themselves are reporting at least two people down from gunfire.

Two people have been shot and Ammon Bundy is in custody, according to a YouTube live stream report by Pete Santilli, who was speaking outside a hospital in Burns.

Santilli, a self-styled journalist, took to social media to discuss the breaking development late Tuesday afternoon. He also reported that the FBI has told the protesters at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge that they are free to go and need to leave immediately
Video below from Bundy supporter Pete Stantilli is below. His live feed suddenly came to a stop.

Stay tuned. Updates below.

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 · 9:04:25 PM CST · Jen Hayden
More on the men in custody.

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 · 9:11:56 PM CST · Jen Hayden
Update from a reporter at Oregon Public Broadcasting, one of the militants is reportedly dead:

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 · 9:15:03 PM CST · Jen Hayden
The Idaho III%ers, who’ve been embedded around town for “security” are reporting they are fine and calling for cooler heads to prevail.

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 · 9:38:10 PM CST · Jen Hayden
Multiple reports that LaVoy “Blue Tarp Man” Finicum was shot and killed:

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 · 9:40:45 PM CST · Jen Hayden
The injured militant is Ryan Bundy, brother of Ammon Bundy:

Ryan Bundy, 43, of Bunkerville, Nev., suffered a minor gunshot wound and was taken into custody in a highway stop conducted by the FBI and the Oregon State Police.

Finally some action taken by the government.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Bundy brothers in jail complain about lack of Internet service, ability to gather for prayer

They and other defendants asked for more access to the jail law library and desks in their respective jail cells to work on. They also want to be allowed to see one another to discuss trial strategies and pray together.

They can't have desks in their cells for security reasons, but can use a fixed shelf as a makeshift desk, the sheriff's officers suggested, according to the court filing.

One computer is available at the downtown Portland jail. It has no keyboard, mouse or attached printer, but is operated by a touch screen. It's preloaded with legal resources, but doesn't allow for any Internet research.

Sheriff's Capt. Derrick Peterson said he'd be willing to work, if necessary, to transport defendants to a different facility to allow for such research. But the defendants aren't allowed to see one another, as ordered by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Although they're not designated as a "gang" or "security threat group,'' members of a group that have shown that they can "work together for a common goal'' are not permitted to see one another in custody, according to the court document.

"My right to live is being violated,'' defendant Ryan Bundy wrote. "All of my First Amendment rights are being violated...I am not allowed to see my brother and move about....This violates my freedom of assembly...My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.''

Ryan Bundy, who has chosen to represent himself, wasn't allowed to attend the meeting with the jailers to discuss his concerns. Instead, his standby counsel Lisa Ludwig did.

Ryan Bundy also asked to be able to wear religious temple garments, and gather with other Mormon adherents to give and receive blessings. The jail staff said he could wear religious garments under his jail scrubs, but could not meet with others for prayer. The jail agreed to provide him and his brother with extra towels or bedding to help them kneel in prayer in their cells.

Bundy brothers in jail complain about lack of Internet service, ability to gather for prayer | OregonLive.com