Is the Left Even on America’s Side Anymore?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
No, but anyway...

The progressives have undermined American security and damaged race relations. The Bolshevik leader Leon Trotsky once described Stalinism as “the perfect theory for glueing up the brain.” What he meant was that a regime as monstrous as Stalin’s, which murdered 40 million people and enslaved many times more, was nonetheless able to persuade progressives and “social justice” advocates all over the world to act as its supporters and defenders. These enlightened enablers of Stalin’s crimes included leading intellectuals of the day, even Nobel Prize winners in the sciences and the arts such as Frederic Joliot-Curie and Andre Gide. But brilliant as they were, they were blind to the realities of the Stalinist regime and, therefore, to the virtues of the free societies they lived in.

Read more at: The Left's Betrayal of America

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It's the 24 hour news cycle pandemic. At one time we were all going to die from a chemical attack by Al Queda after 9/11. Then there was school shootings. Oh, and then it was Ebola. And then it was Police shootings. And then it was Trump. Anyone else see a pattern here?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's the 24 hour news cycle pandemic. At one time we were all going to die from a chemical attack by Al Queda after 9/11. Then there was school shootings. Oh, and then it was Ebola. And then it was Police shootings. And then it was Trump. Anyone else see a pattern here?

I believe this is the pattern you're referring to.....

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The error the west made is base everything on a moral compass, a compass they themselves could never live up too. And now everyone who believed the BS (leftwards) feels betrayed by the west, because we was supposed to be of higher moral integrity then the rest of the world.

So the left wants to destroy itself because it was al BS.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
CC cornucopia, northern hemisphere, European made, 1921-1957, fine porcelin, inferior to Chinese however

Interesting wealth of knowledge you have there. It's nice to see that you've put all the 'morning after the night before' time to such good use. :D

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
According to Flossy ladders are more dangerous than all those you mentioned put together..Someone should tell the M S M.....to start reporting on that....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No, but anyway...

The progressives have undermined American security and damaged race relations. The Bolshevik leader Leon Trotsky once described Stalinism as “the perfect theory for glueing up the brain.” What he meant was that a regime as monstrous as Stalin’s, which murdered 40 million people and enslaved many times more, was nonetheless able to persuade progressives and “social justice” advocates all over the world to act as its supporters and defenders. These enlightened enablers of Stalin’s crimes included leading intellectuals of the day, even Nobel Prize winners in the sciences and the arts such as Frederic Joliot-Curie and Andre Gide. But brilliant as they were, they were blind to the realities of the Stalinist regime and, therefore, to the virtues of the free societies they lived in.

I guess communism is very much alive still and eating what was known as America from the inside out. It is all but finished excepting the last few acts. A progression nevertheless.

Backing into the future.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not according to Flossy. According to statistical evidence, which I know is a little over your head.
Actually, Flossy's statistical data pertained to terrorism only. But don't let that stop you from embarrassing yourself further.

And before you go off all pissy and get snide, I'm sorry for pointing out another of your errors.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No, but anyway...

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be on the side of justice than on that of the state. If they both happen to be on the same side, then so much the better; but if not, then I choose justice.

I also choose the side of Justice over that of Stalin; but again, it's nothing personal against Stalin. Had he been on the side of justice, I would have happily shared the same side with him. The same applies to Hitler, Canada, or any other man or state.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The US of A is the new Stalinist USSR. It needs to be brought down. The American Empire is a blight on the planet and a pariah on humanity. Flush 'em down the toilet of history.