Fed chief: WE Created Bubble for wealth effect

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"We Frontloaded A Tremendous Market Rally" Former Fed President Admits, Warns "No Ammo Left"

"In perhaps the most shocking of mea culpas seen in modern financial history, former Dallas Fed head Richard Fisher unleashed some seriously uncomfortable truthiness during a 5-minute confessional interview on CNBC. While talking heads attempt to blame China for recent US market volatility, Fisher explains "It is not China," it is The Fed that is at fault: "What The Fed did, and I was part of it, was front-loaded an enormous rally market rally in order to create a wealth effect... and an uncomfortable digestive period is likely now." Simply put he concludes, there can't be much more accomodation, "The Fed is a giant weapon that has no ammunition left."

Must watch, when a shocked Simon Hobbs (at 5:10) is unforgettable: "Will The Fed come on and say 'we're sorry, we over-inflated the market' when it crashes?" We doubt it."
"We Frontloaded A Tremendous Market Rally" Former Fed President Admits, Warns "No Ammo Left" | Zero Hedge

"we did it for the wealth effect"
Right from the whorse's mouth
those hands in your pockets aren't yours
enjoy the space they leave when they and your "Green backs" have all gone back

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
everyone keeps asking to fix the economy. So the government did it.

Really Fixing the economy would mean we all take a huge pay cut to compete with the chines wages. ;)

In other words there are no ways to fix the economy. But we keep electing them to fix it. So they front load.

Don't you hate it when they do exactly what we asked them to do?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
elected?
politicians?
the fed is privately owned and the wealth effect was entirely for crony capitalism...
er fascistic reasons:
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ( scion of one of the central bank owning families)

I don't mean it personally but at least your post clearly illustrates how lack of understanding
(you voiced the commonly held assumption )
is bad for the economy and democracy

the point here is the market has double topped and is in glide mode now
the pilot has bailed
smart peeps will know to trade accordingly

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
elected?
politicians?
the fed is privately owned and the wealth effect was entirely for crony capitalism...
er fascistic reasons:
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ( scion of one of the central bank owning families)

I don't mean it personally but at least your post clearly illustrates how lack of understanding
(you voiced the commonly held assumption )
is bad for the economy and democracy

the point here is the market has double topped and is in glide mode now
the pilot has bailed
smart peeps will know to trade accordingly

Obviously you don't see the whole picture.
Keep smoking drugs it's good for you.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
oh
sayin so don't make it so
well, you have the floor to explain

hope your citations trump a fed hed

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
oh
sayin so don't make it so
well, you have the floor to explain

hope your citations trump a fed hed

Maybe tonight.

I need to go produce something real to gain wealth.

Here is the simple awnser

There is a full on economic WW playing on right now. And it's getting as nasty as it ever has been in history.

Also the government has the power to ask to stimulate. ;)
And that's a form of stimulus :)

And the government order it, to the Feds who then relay it to the banks.