Green Beret who beat Afghan child rapist speaks out

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
We recently learned that Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland had his appeal denied by the Army as he seeks to prevent his forced discharge from the service. The chain of events stems from his participation in the beating of a pedophile Afghan local police official who had chained a local boy to his bed and repeatedly raped him. (I’m skipping the “alleged” here since the official confessed to holding the boy captive.) Now, with the date of his discharge rapidly approaching, Martland has found an ally in one California congressman and is taking his side of the story public. (Fox News)
A Green Beret ordered discharged after he and his team leader body-slammed an alleged Afghan child rapist is speaking out against the Army’s effort to punish him, as he fights to stay in the service.

“Kicking me out of the Army is morally wrong and the entire country knows it,” Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland said, in his first public statement on his case.

The detailed written statement, requested by Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., was shared by the congressman’s office with FoxNews.com. Hunter, who has advocated on Martland’s behalf, intends to submit the statement to the House Armed Services Committee…

“While I understand that a military lawyer can say that I was legally wrong, we felt a moral obligation to act,” he said.

more

Green Beret who beat Afghan child rapist speaks out « Hot Air