Pentagon Warns Seal Who Shot Bin Laden Not To Go on Fox News

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Insiders at Fox News Channel said Friday that a two-day documentary featuring an interview with the Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden will air as scheduled despite objections from the Pentagon.

On Wednesday, Fox News announced that a show called The Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden hosted by Washington correspondent Peter Doocy was scheduled for Nov. 11 and Nov. 12, but on Friday the Pentagon told Business Insiderthat the SEALs and former SEALs who were participants do not have permission to discuss the classified 2011 mission.

The government has never identified the Navy SEALs who killed Bin Laden, the mastermind of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks of 2001, though they were profiled in the 2012 movie Zero Dark Thirty, which was controversial for its insinuation that waterboarding was an effective tool in gathering intelligence.

The Business Insider story suggested that if Fox News were to run its documentary, the Navy SEAL featured in it could face a criminal investigation. Navy Commander Amy Derrick-Frost, a Defense Dept. spokeswoman, would not confirm whether Fox News even had the correct person who fired the fatal shot.

"The two-night presentation will feature an exclusive interview with the Navy SEAL who says he fired the shots that killed terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden," Fox News reiterated on Friday.

"Revealing his identity and speaking out publicly for the first time, the Navy SEAL, also known as 'The Shooter,' will share his story of training to be a member of America's elite fighting force and explain his involvement in Operation Neptune Spear, the mission that killed Bin Laden," Fox News said.

Despite Pentagon Objections, Fox News Will Air Interview With SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I bet they could easily find a dozen people willing to claim that title,including some that have never been in the military.
I doubt the real shooter is dumb enough to make himself a target for every muzzie terrorist in the US.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I bet they could easily find a dozen people willing to claim that title,including some that have never been in the military.
I doubt the real shooter is dumb enough to make himself a target for every muzzie terrorist in the US.

it's not like faux news would care about the truth either

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Not to mention they'd probably go after his family as well.