Michael Bloomberg Isn't Afraid of the NRA

Locutus

Bloomberg Identifies 90% of The Problem But of course He has Six ex NYPD Bodyguards

In a rare interview, the former New York mayor takes on the gun lobby, Congress and critics of his controversial stop-and-frisk policy

By Simon Vozick-Levinson (external - login to view) | July 8, 2014
From the street outside, Bloomberg Philanthropies' stately, gray headquarters looks like any other brick-and-stone building on Manhattan's Upper East Side: an upscale apartment building, maybe, or a bank. Once you're buzzed through the unmarked entrance, you find a space that most closely resembles a brightly sparkling modern art museum. Paintings and sculptures, all labeled for visitors, line the spacious lobby and stairway landings of the minimal-luxe space where Michael R. Bloomberg has spent much of his time since January, when he left office as Mayor of New York City.

Read more: Michael Bloomberg Isn't Afraid of the NRA | Rolling Stone (external - login to view)
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter (external - login to view) | RollingStone on Facebook (external - login to view)

BaalsTears
Head shot.

Nuggler
"
Bloomberg Identifies 90% of The Problem But of course He has Six ex NYPD Bodyguards"

He's likely correct.

And

All the secret service,& cops, didn't save Kennedy.............either of them.

Colpy
Conservative
The question is: Why would Michael Bloomberg be afraid of the NRA??

The NRA is a perfectly legitimate civil rights organization. They have been around for almost 150 years.........and I do not think they have killed or wounded anyone.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

The question is: Why would Michael Bloomberg be afraid of the NRA??

The NRA is a perfectly legitimate civil rights organization. They have been around for almost 150 years.........and I do not think they have killed or wounded anyone.

Yep, true enough, but someone thinks it's a valid idea for a thread.

And ya gotta admit it's pretty ironic to make a speech surrounded by NYPD's "finest".

Well, for example; if I was making a speech dissing the KKK, say, down in the deep south, I'd like to be surrounded by a big bunch of armed nutbars on my side................Kuz ya never know.........eh

Whole thing is pretty foolish.