Michael Bloomberg Isn't Afraid of the NRA

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Bloomberg Identifies 90% of The Problem But of course He has Six ex NYPD Bodyguards

In a rare interview, the former New York mayor takes on the gun lobby, Congress and critics of his controversial stop-and-frisk policy

By Simon Vozick-Levinson | July 8, 2014
From the street outside, Bloomberg Philanthropies' stately, gray headquarters looks like any other brick-and-stone building on Manhattan's Upper East Side: an upscale apartment building, maybe, or a bank. Once you're buzzed through the unmarked entrance, you find a space that most closely resembles a brightly sparkling modern art museum. Paintings and sculptures, all labeled for visitors, line the spacious lobby and stairway landings of the minimal-luxe space where Michael R. Bloomberg has spent much of his time since January, when he left office as Mayor of New York City.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
"
Bloomberg Identifies 90% of The Problem But of course He has Six ex NYPD Bodyguards"

He's likely correct.

And

All the secret service,& cops, didn't save Kennedy.............either of them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The question is: Why would Michael Bloomberg be afraid of the NRA??

The NRA is a perfectly legitimate civil rights organization. They have been around for almost 150 years.........and I do not think they have killed or wounded anyone.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

The NRA is a perfectly legitimate civil rights organization. They have been around for almost 150 years.........and I do not think they have killed or wounded anyone.

Yep, true enough, but someone thinks it's a valid idea for a thread.

And ya gotta admit it's pretty ironic to make a speech surrounded by NYPD's "finest".

Well, for example; if I was making a speech dissing the KKK, say, down in the deep south, I'd like to be surrounded by a big bunch of armed nutbars on my side................Kuz ya never know.........eh8O

Whole thing is pretty foolish.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Civil rights organization??