Gaffe-tastic Joe Biden thinks 'Africa' is a country

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
not a continent

• American VP addressed 50 world leaders – all from Africa – on Tuesday
  • ​'There's no reason the nation of Africa cannot and should not join the ranks of the world's most prosperous nations,' he said
  • Face-palm moment came in the run-up to a glitzy White House dinner where Joe is not expected to speak

Joe Biden thinks 'Africa' is a country, not a continent | Mail Online

good ol' stretchmark joe. :lol:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Americans have always been poor at geography, knowing little about the vast expanse of planet beyond the confines of their land (which makes up only around 7% of the entire surface of the planet).

As Mark Twain once said: "God created war so that Americans would learn geography."

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Most people could give a pass to some maroon not knowing if Guinea borders or Liberia or Siberia, but Africa as a country, total failure.

These are supposed 'edumacated' people, college and university types. Even if souless lawyers or smarmy poli-sci degree coasters, they should know. Nevermind being the VP of the US of A. :lol:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I wonder how many Yanks know that Guinea is exactly the same size as Britain; that its population is 10 million; that its capital is Conakry, which has 1.5 million people; and that it gained independence from France in 1958.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I wonder how many Yanks know that Guinea is exactly the same size as Britain; that its population is 10 million; that its capital is Conakry, which has 1.5 million people; and that it gained independence from France in 1958.

Less than half of the ones that even care.

Biddin and Palin would make excellent ruining mates for the next election. Neither one could find their way to Washingtoon without help.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Joe has always been a Comodian of Note. I marvel at how he recovers and then does a repeat a few days later.