5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minnesota town


spaminator
+1
#1
5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minnesota town
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 01:30 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 02:42 PM EDT
Five year-old Robert Tufts is no longer mayor of Dorset, Minn.
The youngster lost to 16-year-old Eric Mueller on Sunday, according to the Associated Press.
The town, with a population of about 22, has no formal government.
Residents can pay $1 to "vote" at ballot boxes in stores and can vote as many times as they like during the informal mayoral elections. Proceeds go towards a town festival.
Tufts was first elected mayor in 2013 when he was three years old.
While mayor, Tufts was able to raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities. He said he's hopeful his two-year-old brother will run in the future.
Five year-old Robert Tufts is no longer mayor of Dorset, Minn. (Screenshot from YouTube)


5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minnesota town | Weird | News | Toronto Su (external - login to view)
 
Blackleaf
#2
It's one of those "Only in America..." stories.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It's one of those "Only in America..." stories.

So? I'd rather see these threads over your overdone cut and paste jobs from the Daily Mail.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

So? I'd rather see these threads over your overdone cut and paste jobs from the Daily Mail.

I'd give you a thumbs up but my ipad isn't giving them out today.
 
QuebecCanadian
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minnesota town
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 01:30 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 02:42 PM EDT
Five year-old Robert Tufts is no longer mayor of Dorset, Minn.
The youngster lost to 16-year-old Eric Mueller on Sunday, according to the Associated Press.
The town, with a population of about 22, has no formal government.
Residents can pay $1 to "vote" at ballot boxes in stores and can vote as many times as they like during the informal mayoral elections. Proceeds go towards a town festival.
Tufts was first elected mayor in 2013 when he was three years old.
While mayor, Tufts was able to raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities. He said he's hopeful his two-year-old brother will run in the future.
Five year-old Robert Tufts is no longer mayor of Dorset, Minn. (Screenshot from YouTube)


5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minnesota town | Weird | News | Toronto Su (external - login to view)

Already a "has-been" at 5.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by QuebecCanadianView Post

Already a "has-been" at 5.

Wait, wait, not so fast! This is Minnesota, he may be a viable candidate for the Governor's office!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#7
He's not a true mayor unless he has spent time at the crack house.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#8
He's five. Crack to him is the thing that'll break his mother's back if he steps on it.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

He's five. Crack to him is the thing that'll break his mother's back if he steps on it.

Like I said, underqualified for the job. The 16 year old has a better shot.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#10
Another example of why Gopherland is called Lake Wobegone so often.


 
Blackleaf
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

So? I'd rather see these threads over your overdone cut and paste jobs from the Daily Mail.


I wouldn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Like I said, underqualified for the job. The 16 year old has a better shot.


Only in America...

They even marry horses over there.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+3
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I wouldn't.

Well no sh*t Sherlock, it's hardly a secret how full of yourself you are.

Put it the membership though and I'll guarantee these threads win, hands down.

Tsk, tsk. So full of criticism yet so pathetically unable to take what you dish out. How very pathetic.
 
Blackleaf
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Well no sh*t Sherlock, it's hardly a secret how full of yourself you are.

Put it the membership though and I'll guarantee these threads win, hands down.

Tsk, tsk. So full of criticism yet so pathetically unable to take what you dish out. How very pathetic.


I dish out criticism where necessary. And in your case it's VERY necessary.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I dish out criticism where necessary. And in your case it's VERY necessary.

Hmm, yes, well, if I gave a damn what you thought that might, you know, actually mean something to me.

Run along now. Don't you have a long, boring Daily Mail article to cut and paste?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Hmm, yes, well, if I gave a damn what you thought that might, you know, actually mean something to me.

Run along now. Don't you have a long, boring Daily Mail article to cut and paste?

He also might miss tea time ... and crumpets.
 
Blackleaf
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Hmm, yes, well, if I gave a damn what you thought that might, you know, actually mean something to me.

You DO give a damn what I think, that's why you're getting your suspenders in a twist again.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

He also might miss tea time ... and crumpets.

He should be down at the pub getting drunk. If he was a real Englishman that's what he would be doing, not here boring us with all his inane prattle.
 
Blackleaf
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

He should be down at the pub getting drunk.

I'll be doing that on Friday night. Not Wednesday afternoon.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

He should be down at the pub getting drunk. If he was a real Englishman that's what he would be doing, not here boring us with all his inane prattle.

That would explain a lot. Perhaps the pubs over there have WiFi.
 
Sons of Liberty
+1
#20
SLM done bother with Blackleaf, even he went so far recently to claim the Anglo Saxon race is "Superior".

Can we get into more interesting things, like how can I take you on on a date next time I am in Canada? :P
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of LibertyView Post

SLM done bother with Blackleaf, even he went so far recently to claim the Anglo Saxon race is "Superior".

I remember. That is neither the stupidest nor the most outlandish thing he's come out with. Sadly.

I mostly don't bother but I simply abhor arrogance, so sometimes I can't help myself.

Quote:

Can we get into more interesting things, like how can I take you on on a date next time I am in Canada? :P

I'll get my party dress ready, you just tell me when to expect you.
 
Blackleaf
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

That would explain a lot. Perhaps the pubs over there have WiFi.


Our pubs have real beer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of LibertyView Post

he went so far recently to claim the Anglo Saxon race is "Superior".


It is.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Our pubs have real beer.

You do know WiFi is not a beer? Do you have WiFi over there or are you still communicating via telegraph?
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You do know WiFi is not a beer? Do you have WiFi over there or are you still communicating via telegraph?

Given the caliber of the intellect so often displayed here, I'd guess more like grunts and rudimentary hand gestures. Lol.
 
Blackleaf
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You do know WiFi is not a beer?

Cheers for pointing that out.

Quote:

Do you have WiFi over there or are you still communicating via telegraph?

Where do you think I live? Canada?

The UK and South Korea are the top wi-fi nations in the world. We have wi-fi that you lot in Canada probably won't get until around 2020.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

The UK and South Korea are the top wi-fi nations in the world. We have wi-fi that you lot in Canada probably won't get until around 2020.

Canadians don't bother with that old wifi tech anymore... 4-G or hard wired into super high speed, high volume fiber optics.

Enjoy your dial-up
 
Blackleaf
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Canadians don't bother with that old wifi tech anymore.

Whatever you're using now it'll probably be something the British invented.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Whatever you're using now it'll probably be something the British invented.

 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Whatever you're using now it'll probably be something the British invented.

That's hilarious.
 
Blackleaf
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

That's hilarious.


Too right it is.

You wouldn't be sat there talking sh*te on a computer if it wasn't for British ingenuity. You'd still be communicating by semapahore and travelling the country by horse.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Aug 6th, 2014 at 12:53 PM..
 

Similar Threads

10
Wasps kill mayor of Quebec town
by spaminator | Jul 23rd, 2014
13
Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town
by spaminator | May 21st, 2014
1
Man pretends to be mayor and fools town
by spaminator | Mar 30th, 2014
no new posts