So the U.S. is now the world's biggest oil producer...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
U.S. overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia to become world’s biggest oil producer: report

The U.S. overtook Saudi Arabia and Russia to become the world’s biggest producer of oil as extraction of energy from shale rock strengthens the nation’s economy, Bank of America Corp. said.

U.S. production of crude oil, along with liquids separated from natural gas, surpassed all other countries in the first six months, the bank said in a report Friday. The country became the world’s largest natural gas producer in 2010. A Commerce Department decision to allow the overseas shipment of processed light oil called condensate has fanned speculation the nation may ease its four-decade ban on most crude exports.

more

U.S. overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia to become world’s biggest oil producer: report | Financial Post

probably hear from neil young about this soon. probably.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
And I imagine they will still continue to import a large amount of it.

probably hear from neil young about this soon. probably.

He isn't against producing or using oil, just a problem with some of the methods used.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

He isn't against producing or using oil, just a problem with some of the methods used.

California produces it's oil right from beneath several cities with jack pumps in residential neighbours but Mr Young and the CA govt don't like to talk about that hypocrisy.

I wonder why?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Good for the Yanks that they are fracking.

Hopefully, Britian will ignore the dangerous green nutters and be joining them soon.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, let's see. The U.S. produces a bunch of oil, and it bombs innocent civilians that don't follow the U.S.'s dominant religion.

Damn, we're ready for OPEC membership.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
And so they need too be. We're not bombing nearly enough people these days though.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Perhaps you should read the thread title again.

Don't have to. They're sipping. You're guzzling. Finite resources run out - especially when profits drunk oil companies belly up to the bar. Don't tell me you think that stuff just regenerates itself. When you're fracking, you're getting closer to the bottom of the bottle

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And so they need too be. We're not bombing nearly enough people these days though.
Sure we are. Modern targeted weapons are much more efficient that the old dumb bombs. Just coz we ain't carpet bombing like back in the Big One (or even Vietnam) don't mean we ain't stackin' 'em up like cordwood.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
'merica, sheik ya!

We're comin' again to save the mutha f*ing day yeah

You bet we will!

California produces it's oil right from beneath several cities with jack pumps in residential neighbours but Mr Young and the CA govt don't like to talk about that hypocrisy.

I wonder why?

Blew my mind on my visit to LA seeing the wells pumping!

So, let's see. The U.S. produces a bunch of oil, and it bombs innocent civilians that don't follow the U.S.'s dominant religion.

Secularism?