Clinton: Keystone is the wrong symbol for Canada-U.S. relations


mentalfloss
#1
Smart woman.

She'd make a good prez.


Keystone XL decision shouldn’t be symbol of Cda-US relations: Clinton

Washington’s long-awaited decision to approve or reject the Keystone XL pipeline should not become a symbol of the relationship between the United States and Canada, former U.S. secretary of state Hillary Clinton said Monday during a book tour stop in Toronto.

Speaking before a business crowd of roughly 1,800, Clinton said the controversial project — designed to move Alberta crude oil to the Gulf Coast — has become “a proxy for everything” as proponents and critics lock horns over its fate.

“However this Keystone decision is finally made, some people are going to be very happy, relieved and think it was the right decision and some people are going to be distraught and even angry and upset, thinking it was a terrible decision,” she said.

“I do not see it, though, nor should it be a proxy for the relationship. It is, after all, one pipeline. We already have a lot of pipelines that cross our border.”

American approval of the pipeline has been stalled in the U.S. while the Obama administration drops hints that Canada must do more on the environment.

The TransCanada Corp. project should be part of a wider discussion on energy and the environment, Clinton said.

“I do believe that both Canada and the United States can become even richer, more prosperous but also more environmentally sustainable by having a broad engagement over energy and climate, and not focusing everything on this one decision.”

The former first lady is in the city to discuss her new memoir, Hard Choices.

Many observers were hoping she might drop a few hints on whether she plans to run in the next U.S. presidential election, but she would only say she hopes to one day see a woman in the White House.

Clinton has insisted she hasn’t decided on a second bid for the presidency but over the course of her book tour so far she has made it clear she is giving it serious consideration.

Clinton has said she finds the prospect of running compelling simply because it offers the chance to help Americans find economic opportunities that elude them.

Keystone XL decision shouldn’t be symbol of Cda-US relations: Clinton | CityNews
 
Locutus
#2
she'd make a good mummy
 
petros
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Did GE build enough locomotives and oil rail cars yet to out pace the pipeline yet?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post



Keystone XL decision shouldn’t be symbol of Cda-US relations: Clinton

The decision on KXL will symbolize that petty politicking trumps common sense.... Also will represent the reality that Canada has been so hugely stupid for so many years in allowing one customer - the only customer - to control an entire nation's resource.

3 pipelines across Canada are the result of the denial of KXL.... Ultimately, it is the best thing for Canada's resource sector
 
mentalfloss
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

she'd make a good mummy

Whodat would make a good mummy but that's beside the point.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#6
Pipeline or rail. Either way it moves. They can block the pipeline, not the rail transport.
She is as corrupt as they come.
Read what a Secret Service agent published about Queen Hillary. When she was the First Lady, but rarely used by Bill who is another crook.
Fit for each other.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
#7
Instead of buckling to pressure and building XL we should put the environmentalists on
notice. We Canada will build our own refineries and produce a finished product to sell
to who ever we want to sell the refined product to.
We will no longer ship oil and raw material to Texas to be refined and exported to the world
with the Americans getting the jobs and the profits for America.
Canada doesn't need a pipeline we need a backbone
 
petros
#8
How do you know where profits are going?
 
mentalfloss
#9
What's the big deal.

Isn't China just gonna buy in anyway?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Instead of buckling to pressure and building XL we should put the environmentalists on
notice. We Canada will build our own refineries and produce a finished product to sell
to who ever we want to sell the refined product to.
We will no longer ship oil and raw material to Texas to be refined and exported to the world
with the Americans getting the jobs and the profits for America.
Canada doesn't need a pipeline we need a backbone

Invest your money in the project ,convince your fellow fruit growers to get behind you and build one .
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Instead of buckling to pressure and building XL we should put the environmentalists on
notice. We Canada will build our own refineries and produce a finished product to sell
to who ever we want to sell the refined product to.
We will no longer ship oil and raw material to Texas to be refined and exported to the world
with the Americans getting the jobs and the profits for America.
Canada doesn't need a pipeline we need a backbone

Get back to us in 10 years and let us know how the permit process is coming along.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

The decision on KXL will symbolize that petty politicking trumps common sense.... Also will represent the reality that Canada has been so hugely stupid for so many years in allowing one customer - the only customer - to control an entire nation's resource.

3 pipelines across Canada are the result of the denial of KXL.... Ultimately, it is the best thing for Canada's resource sector

Proving that the US government can't even do what is in their own citizens best interests never mind Canada.
Actually their dithering and bickering probably is in Canada's best interest.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#12
I agree. Maple syrup would be a much better symbol.

I mean, who doesn't love maple syrup?
 
petros
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

What's the big deal.

Isn't China just gonna buy in anyway?

Hey man. Your gasoline is coming from the Orinoco watershed. Second only to the Amazon in size but nary a peep out of you demanding an end to Orinoco heavy crude. You soap box is set up in a hole. While you're down there.....

Apparently Praxus could use a reliable supply from Canada. Malaysia can't keep up to demand.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Hey man. Your gasoline is coming from the Orinoco watershed. Second only to the Amazon in size but nary a peep out of you demanding an end to Orinoco heavy crude. You soap box is set up in a hole. While you're down there.....

Apparently Praxus could use a reliable supply from Canada. Malaysia can't keep up to demand.


The tards don't have anything to say to those nations that ignore them... How much have you heard lately from Greenpeace once they had the poor sense to try and board that Russian platform?

Harper has hit the nail on the head with threatening to audit and revoke the status of these pretend charities... Send them packing and let them go bother someone that actually cares about the propaganda that they spit
 

Similar Threads

29
no new posts