In 1984, Ronald Reagan absolutely nailed the importance of D-Day

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
In 1984, Ronald Reagan absolutely nailed the importance of D-Day

Normandy Speech: Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day 6/6/84 - YouTube

On the 40th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy, Ronald Reagan stood upon the cliffs at Point Du Hoc, France, commemorating the brave veterans who risked their lives and died to save the free world.

“Forty summers have passed since the battle that you fought here. You were young the day you took these cliffs; some of you were hardly more than boys, with the deepest joys of life before you. Yet, you risked everything here. Why? Why did you do it? What impelled you to put aside the instinct for self-preservation and risk your lives to take these cliffs? What inspired all the men of the armies that met here? We look at you, and somehow we know the answer. It was faith and belief; it was loyalty and love,” President Reagan remarked.

On that day, Reagan stressed the importance that the men at D-Day were there to liberate, not conquer the people like is so common in war. With that sentiment in mind, Reagan reminds what is in the heart of a soldier storming the beaches.

“The men of Normandy had faith that what they were doing was right, faith that they fought for all humanity, faith that a just God would grant them mercy on this beachhead or on the next,” he said.

Reagan closed with wisdom that all could learn from when thinking of our veterans.

“Strengthened by their courage, heartened by their value [valor], and borne by their memory, let us continue to stand for the ideals for which they lived and died.”

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yee HAW!!!! let's do it again Y'all. See how many we can kill this go around.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
and we all know what deep thought and logic the average person puts into their political conclusions
Well why does she keep insisting it is only old white people who think her president is a monkey .

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well why does she keep insisting it is only old white people who think her president is a monkey .
I think he is saying there is a segment of American society that label according to need. Thus sometimes Obama is an evil genius. Next day he is an incompetent unknowing fool. It is hard to be both.

I am certain he will explain it to you much more succinctly than I am able to.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think he is saying there is a segment of American society that label according to need. Thus sometimes Obama is an evil genius. Next day he is an incompetent unknowing fool. It is hard to be both.

I am certain he will explain it to you much more succinctly than I am able to.
To pgs? Yeah, that'll happen.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Reagan gets a bad rap because of his later alzheimers.

Later? He was showing signs near the end of his second term. Well, later I guess given his age. He did take over at quite an old age. Still, I doubt that plays much of a role in criticisms of him.