Sooper Seekrit Quota System Fails Again!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
US teachers nowhere as diverse as their students

By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, May 5

WASHINGTON — U.S. teachers are nowhere near as diverse as their students.

Almost half the students attending public schools are minorities, yet fewer than 1 in 5 of their teachers is nonwhite.

New studies from the Center for American Progress and the National Education Association are calling attention to this “diversity gap” at elementary and secondary schools in the United States. The groups want more to be done to help teachers more accurately mirror the students in their classrooms.

Teachers are always pushing their students to excel, said Kevin Gilbert, coordinator of teacher leadership and special projects for the Clinton Public School District in Clinton, Mississippi.

It becomes easier for students to believe “when they can look and see someone who looks just like them, that they can relate to,” said Gilbert, a member of the NEA’s executive committee. “Nothing can help motivate our students more than to see success standing right in front of them.”

More than minority students would benefit from a more diverse teacher corps, said Ulrich Boser, the author of the center’s report.
“Even in a place like North Dakota, where the students aren’t particularly diverse relative to the rest of the country, it’s important for our social fabric, for our sense as a nation, that students are engaging with people who think, talk and act differently than them but can also be just as effective at raising student achievement in the classroom,” he said.

More at link: US teachers nowhere as diverse as their students - The Washington Post

Time to get schoolteaching into the Sooper Seekrit Librul Communist Quota System.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
as the county integrated and other professions opened their ranks, education lost its “cachet” and fewer African-American students thought about becoming teachers, she said. “It’s not seen as the ideal careers to have, and so therefore our youngsters, our black children tend to move in other directions,” said Gray, who also serves as a government liaison for the National Alliance of Black School Educators.
yeah who wants to be a teacher in America... the pay is lousy and every mofo blames them for everything... better to move on...let the whites do it, way better jobs out there for people who want to excel

notice only 2 percent of Asians become teachers...I rest my case

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Time to get schoolteaching into the Sooper Seekrit Librul Communist Quota System.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
yeah who wants to be a teacher in America... the pay is lousy and every mofo blames them for everything... better to move on...let the whites do it, way better jobs out there for people who want to excel

notice only 2 percent of Asians become teachers...I rest my case
No, no! Schoolteachers are magnificently paid for no work at all, and get three month's vacation every year! And their jobs and automatic raises are completely protected by their superpowerful, invincible unions, which is why they hang around the teachers' lounge and turn out hordes of illiterates.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No, no! Schoolteachers are magnificently paid for no work at all, and get three month's vacation every year! And their jobs and automatic raises are completely protected by their superpowerful, invincible unions, which is why the hang around the teachers' lounge and turn out hordes of illiterates.
if I was teaching I would likely be up on murder charges ... parents are a ssholes in many cases...

I was reading a postsecret the other day from a therapist

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What I think the OP has missed by a mile is the lack of qualified minorities even looking for a job in teaching. Not a sooper sekrit quota commie org.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Why the hell do teachers have to psychically have to look like this group or that
group? Quotas and pairing to have everyone look like everyone else in the class
is nuts. Lets all look the same and be the same it will show the strength of the
individual ya right