KY recognizes gay marriage

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Courts across the country are overturning these laws. Eventually it will go to the SCOTUS, to define marriage as it is a States right to define marriage. They will find that it is discrimination to deny Same Sex Marriage.
Takes time for the pendulum to swing.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I can see fewer heteros getting married because marriage will have a homosexual connotation.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That is why I only married once, in '69. Shacking up is much cheaper and easier. A lot of people seem to think a marriage certificate is a license to possess.

Does not work that way any more. New laws, common law couples (shack up's) now are basically the same as married after 2 years(in BC). Check the BC Family Relations Act passed in March 18 2013.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Does not work that way any more. New laws, common law couples (shack up's) now are basically the same as married after 2 years(in BC). Check the BC Family Relations Act passed in March 18 2013.
Ya, I know but I'm getting too long in the tooth to be thinking about shacking up any more. I really enjoy my privacy. Once in a while I think it would be nice to have someone to snuggle with but then I remember what a hassle it was to get to that point and forget about it. If it doesn't come naturally, it ain't worth it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Ya, I know but I'm getting too long in the tooth to be thinking about shacking up any more. I really enjoy my privacy. Once in a while I think it would be nice to have someone to snuggle with but then I remember what a hassle it was to get to that point and forget about it. If it doesn't come naturally, it ain't worth it.
From here, I gotta say it was worth it. It was and is a lot of effort sometimes, but I love the challenge, too. All things considered, I'd not change anything.