Man Wearing Pro-Gun T-shirt Thrown Out of Voting Booth

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Election officials ejected a Texas man from a voting booth because he was wearing a Second Amendment t-shirt.

Chris Driskill was prevented from voting at the Waller County Courthouse on Tuesday after officials claimed he was violating Texas Election Code section 85.036, which states that “a person may not electioneer for or against any candidate, measure, or political party” in or within 100 feet of a voting location.

“I heard a gentleman’s voice over my shoulder say ‘he can’t vote with that shirt on. You’ll have to either turn it inside out our you’ll have to leave,’” Driskill told KVUE.

The officials used the election law to throw Driskill out of the voting booth even though the shirt simply stated “Second Amendment – 1789 – America’s Original Homeland Security” on the front without any mention of a political candidate or proposition.

This is simply an attack on free speech and voting rights through the color of law as well as another example of the continued demonization of gun owners across America.

Last year in West Virginia, a 14-year-old was arrested for refusing to remove a Second Amendment t-shirt.

more

» Man Wearing Pro-Gun T-shirt Thrown Out of Voting Booth Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Of course. Only someone with a few screws loose would wear a t-shirt like that to a voting booth. Must have been a teabagger.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Of course. Only someone with a few screws loose would wear a t-shirt like that to a voting booth. Must have been a teabagger.

Really, You need to be a little crazy to be an American that supports the second amendment of their Constitution? They weren't voting on the amendment. So what exactly was the problem?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know you are not dense. You know what I mean.

Um, you didn't notice that purple? It was sarcasm.
If you mean patriotic American citizens that are rebelling against big government and crony capitalism , the industrial armament industry ,GMO modified foods . Are those the teabaggers you are talking about ? Maybe you should look in the mirror or at least open your eyes to who you are condemning .

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In Canada you can't electioneer outside a polling booth either. To wear a shirt like
that perhaps he was trying out for a film shot on Walmart People

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Are you against the second amendment?
Why would I have anything against something that has nothing to do with me?

If you mean patriotic American citizens that are rebelling against big government and crony capitalism , the industrial armament industry ,GMO modified foods . Are those the teabaggers you are talking about ? Maybe you should look in the mirror or at least open your eyes to who you are condemning .

I didn't quote the purple.
I guess I should have put the whole post in purple. My bad.