What If Islamists Took Control of the White House?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Perhaps it is just the transition that the minority (in numbers) Christians will have to adjust to. Had we run our religion more carefully we would be attracting members instead of losing them. Israel messed up in the OT and God sent in Neb as the solution. A bit later there were still Jews around for the return so look at this as being no less or greater than that. The 3% still rule the 97% so there is no step forward or backwards.
Considering the corrupt Government we currently have I find it wonderfully ironic that it is the conquerors of North America that are now parroting what the Indians did a few centuries, 'Watch out, here come the 'white-eyes.'

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Perhaps it is just the transition that the minority (in numbers) Christians will have to adjust to. Had we run our religion more carefully we would be attracting members instead of losing them. Israel messed up in the OT and God sent in Neb as the solution. A bit later there were still Jews around for the return so look at this as being no less or greater than that. The 3% still rule the 97% so there is no step forward or backwards.
Considering the corrupt Government we currently have I find it wonderfully ironic that it is the conquerors of North America that are now parroting what the Indians did a few centuries, 'Watch out, here come the 'white-eyes.'

You are on a miraculous roll today, MHz. Whatever you're eating, have a second helping!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Corrupt compared to when, exactly? At what misty, golden point in the past was any government in Europe or North America such a shining paragon of honesty?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Corrupt compared to when, exactly? At what misty, golden point in the past was any government in Europe or North America such a shining paragon of honesty?
Canada, Norway fail to overturn EU ban on seal furs
Canada jailing more ethnic minorities, says watchdog - Yahoo News
Sanctions against Iran

Good point, the best answer is none and that leads to having face the facts that Christians alone ruled those places for 99% of the time.
Iran 'escaped' in 1979 so the good Christian put sanctions on them that are now just being reduced. Can't you feel the love?
Islam was taking over in Iran in 1953 and in Afghanistan in 1976 and both far outpaced the adaptation of the UN Human Right documents.

The reason the Christian powers are messed up over this 'legal' takeover is they are afraid of being treated the same way we treated them from the start. In those cases the lives of the poorest were improving dramatically and quickly, then the West destroyed all that and put in brutal Governments, proving we are the ones that (normal) people should be wary of. How long would Reservations in North America last under Islam, I'm thinking they would be abolished pretty quickly compared to our 'stellar pace'.

I don't worry about that, it ain't gonna happen, in spite of the birther here on this board. .
You should mean in spite of the President of the US is a Muslim himself.

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Canada, Norway fail to overturn EU ban on seal furs
Canada jailing more ethnic minorities, says watchdog - Yahoo News
Sanctions against Iran

Good point, the best answer is none and that leads to having face the facts that Christians alone ruled those places for 99% of the time.
Iran 'escaped' in 1979 so the good Christian put sanctions on them that are now just being reduced. Can't you feel the love?
Islam was taking over in Iran in 1953 and in Afghanistan in 1976 and both far outpaced the adaptation of the UN Human Right documents.

The reason the Christian powers are messed up over this 'legal' takeover is they are afraid of being treated the same way we treated them from the start. In those cases the lives of the poorest were improving dramatically and quickly, then the West destroyed all that and put in brutal Governments, proving we are the ones that (normal) people should be wary of. How long would Reservations in North America last under Islam, I'm thinking they would be abolished pretty quickly compared to our 'stellar pace'.

You should mean in spite of the President of the US is a Muslim himself.

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube
So, despite your conviction that our governments are hopelessly corrupt and we're on an irredeemable downward road, you can't actually identify a point at which things were any better than they are now?

Not that I expect you to surrender your viewpoint for anything so trivial as a complete lack of factual support, mind.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So, despite your conviction that our governments are hopelessly corrupt and we're on an irredeemable downward road, you can't actually identify a point at which things were any better than they are now?

Not that I expect you to surrender your viewpoint for anything so trivial as a complete lack of factual support, mind.
If it is corrupt, and there are lots of items that cab bet put forward to show that the Government does not now, nor has it ever put the interests of the voters above that of the International Corporations and the International Bankers. I again could put proof before you, one being a speech made by PM Harper in Cancun where he says the Canadian Government will take directions from Corporations as to how the future unfolds. You consider that as being a 'stellar Govt' I don't, that might be as simple as me not owning stocks in International Corporations.

Are we better now, no, we have gone downhill since the 60's in that all the consumer and Government watchdogs have been killed off, that was our one and only tool used to keep the Government serving the people rather than big biz. The Corporations and Banks don't care what religion an area is, as long as they can sell shoddy goods at exorbitant prices their world is running smoothly.
BTW in Iran and Afghanistan the veils were coming down rather than going up and women were active members of Politics, Education, and local businesses and not one complaint from the people involved. The crying and whining came from the winners of WWII, the ones that brought those documents into being and then actively campaigned against the nations that tried to implement those reform. All of that is well documented, none of which you would read as it conflicts with your current state of delusion. Put the positive spin on the fact below, you can't and neither can the ones involved so the truth gets buried and a lie replaces it.

How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

[SIZE=-1]Q: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?
Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

The 'complete lack of factual support' seems to be coming from your post rather than mine. What are you going to come up with next, that Russia is bad?
[/SIZE]

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If it is corrupt, and there are lots of items that cab bet put forward to show that the Government does not now, nor has it ever put the interests of the voters above that of the International Corporations and the International Bankers. I again could put proof before you, one being a speech made by PM Harper in Cancun where he says the Canadian Government will take directions from Corporations as to how the future unfolds. You consider that as being a 'stellar Govt' I don't, that might be as simple as me not owning stocks in International Corporations.
Umm. . . I never said it was a "stellar Govt." Y'know, when you make up sh*t in your head, ascribe it to me, then argue against it, you're really just talking to yourself. And you can sit in the corner and do that. No need to waste power and bandwidth doing it on the internet.

Are we better now, no, we have gone downhill since the 60's in that all the consumer and Government watchdogs have been killed off, that was our one and only tool used to keep the Government serving the people rather than big biz. The Corporations and Banks don't care what religion an area is, as long as they can sell shoddy goods at exorbitant prices their world is running smoothly.
Once again, I never said we're better off now. I noted that you're absolutely certain we're on a downward path, so I asked "downward from where? Where is the high point from which we are down?" You couldn't answer, so you're attempting to ascribe to me things I never said.

Pretty standard tactic of the desperate.

BTW in Iran and Afghanistan the veils were coming down rather than going up and women were active members of Politics, Education, and local businesses and not one complaint from the people involved. The crying and whining came from the winners of WWII, the ones that brought those documents into being and then actively campaigned against the nations that tried to implement those reform. All of that is well documented, none of which you would read as it conflicts with your current state of delusion. Put the positive spin on the fact below, you can't and neither can the ones involved so the truth gets buried and a lie replaces it.
More desperation, more ascribing things to me I never said. This is getting pathetic. It really doesn't improve with repetition.

How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

[SIZE=-1]Q: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?
Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.
[/SIZE]
Excellent. When you can't support your position, lie about your interlocutor and throw red herrings.

Well done you.