Illegal Cavity Search in New Mexico Goes to Court

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
4 On Your Side investigates traffic stop nightmare | KOB.com

Pulled over for failing to completely stop at a stop sign in New Mexico, when he was asked to step out of his vehicle, officers felt David Eckert seemed like a bit too much of a tight ***.... literally. They decided that his stance must mean he had drug hidden in his posterior. What happened from that point on, tallies up to a total of 8 medical procedures performed on Eckert in an attempt to find drugs hidden within his body. Click through to the link to read more regarding what was done and why Eckert says, it was all done illegally.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ffn crazy to say the least - 8 times and then the 8th included the camera.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Are you kidding me!

"Sorry about that Mr. Eckert...but look at the bright side...we didn't find any polyps either... you've got a clean bill of health!.... errrr.... please don't sue us."

Holy crap!8O Literally.What judge signed off on all this for a traffic stop coming out of a mall?

Someday YOU may be standing funny SLM.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
One of the things the video references is the police dog indicating that his car seat smelled like drugs. I've seen a few things now about police use of dogs, and how on top of getting them to indicate drugs in a blind environment, like amongst a pile of luggage at an airport, they're also finding that dogs will indicate where the officers WANT them to indicate in order to give grounds for a warrant.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
GEEZ!

Did you all see the clip? The Hospital BILLED him for all the procedures and are threatening to send it to Collection if he does not pay!

One of the things the video references is the police dog indicating that his car seat smelled like drugs. I've seen a few things now about police use of dogs, and how on top of getting them to indicate drugs in a blind environment, like amongst a pile of luggage at an airport, they're also finding that dogs will indicate where the officers WANT them to indicate in order to give grounds for a warrant.

I saw one where the guy had a hidden cam during a routine DUI stop and he refused to answer questions. They had the dog jumping up on the hood... up on the doors... scratching the guys car up.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Guess this gives new reality to the idea of 'bending over' for the govt! 8O

So maybe now those that laugh at the premise of a police state being instituted will rethink their position and support of govt. My thoughts on this are that all involved should be losing their jobs and doing some time behind bars but most likely they will pay him a couple of million with no admission of guilt or liability and these cops will be on the streets believing they did nothing wrong. I wouldn't even be surprised if somehow there comes a fabricated connection to financing terrorists and all of a sudden the PATRIOT Act applies under which everything they did is quite legal....but the patriot act is a good thing remember.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
If he did not come to a complete stop what kind of a stop did he come to.
Once the complete stop argument starts the cop is admitting you came to
some kind of stop. In addition they compound this with the treatment he
got due to someone suspicions and this could be very costly for someone.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not to mention... is Wal-Mart where a lot of bum smuggling of drugs happens anyway? This wasn't an airport. It wasn't a border crossing. Who's gonna go do their shopping with their guts packed full of dope?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Not to mention... is Wal-Mart where a lot of bum smuggling of drugs happens anyway? This wasn't an airport. It wasn't a border crossing. Who's gonna go do their shopping with their guts packed full of dope?
I do it all the time, don't you? ;-)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
These Officers and the DA have serious a*n*a*l issues- They went deep, they went often, and in the end they went with cameras.