Smile! You’ve Got Socialized Healthcare!

gopher
No Party Affiliation

here come the DEATH PANELS

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Cliffy
Free Thinker

EagleSmack
+1
Obamacare is going down... sorry.

*snicker*

Danbones
Free Thinker
just give the dems OHIP
there won't be many left in a couple years

except for Drs that won't take their own stuff

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Danbones
Free Thinker
yeah, try health care that actually works

the list will go down

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

yeah, try health care that actually works

the list will go down

Let's see now ...how about some metrics

Infant mortality rate:

http://www.cia.gov/library/publicati.../2091rank.html

Life expectancy:

http://www.cia.gov/library/publicati.../2102rank.html

Heart attack rates:

Countries Compared by Health > Heart disease deaths. International Statistics at NationMaster.com (external - login to view)

Oh, look! The libtards with proper national health programmes are all healthier than the maybe yes/maybe no give-me-all-your-money-if-you-want-to-live Americans.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Let's see now ...how about some metrics

Infant mortality rate:

http://www.cia.gov/library/publicati.../2091rank.html

Life expectancy:

http://www.cia.gov/library/publicati.../2102rank.html

Heart attack rates:

Countries Compared by Health > Heart disease deaths. International Statistics at NationMaster.com (external - login to view)

Oh, look! The libtards with proper national health programmes are all healthier than the maybe yes/maybe no give-me-all-your-money-if-you-want-to-live Americans.

Why do Canadian politicians rush to the good ole U.S.of A. for treatment when they have a problem if the Americans are so incompetent ?

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Why do Canadian politicians rush to the good ole U.S.of A. for treatment when they have a problem if the Americans are so incompetent ?

Yeah. They rush there by the thousands an hour.

Who was the most recent one?

Oh, and who was the last mortally ill Canadian that as refused treatment by his insurer?

... or that lost their house paying a doctor's bill in Canada?

... or was refused treatment at a hospital because of a negative credit rating?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

gopher
No Party Affiliation
PPP poll just out: 24% support GOP health care plan.

Public Policy Polling:

PPP's newest national poll finds that there is very little support for the American Health Care Act. Only 24% of voters support it, to 49% who are opposed. Even among Republican voters only 37% are in favor of the proposal to 22% who are against it, and 41% who aren't sure one way or another. Democrats (15/71) and independents (22/49) are more unified in their opposition to the bill than Republicans are in favor of it.

The Affordable Care Act continues to post some of the best numbers it's ever seen, with 47% of voters in favor of it to 39% who are opposed. When voters are asked whether they'd have rather have the Affordable Care Act or the American Health Care Act in place, the Affordable Care Act wins by 20 points at 49/29. Just 32% of voters think the best path forward with the Affordable Care Act is to repeal it and start over, while 63% think it would be better to keep what works in it and fix what doesn't.

63% of voters now support an independent investigation into Russia's involvement in the 2016 Presidential election, to only 28% opposed to one. On a related note, 60% of voters think Russia wanted Donald Trump to win last year's election to only 16% who think it wanted Clinton to win. Among Trump voters though, 30% think Russia wanted Clinton to win the election to 28% who grant it wanted Trump to be victorious.

With Trump and Obama making conflicting claims about the wire tapping we asked voters who they trust more, and Obama wins out on that question 54-39. And in general voters would rather still have Obama than Trump as President, 52/43.

Only 24% of Voters Support GOP Health Care Plan - Public Policy Polling (external - login to view)

Majority of Americans do NOT want Republican death panels.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Yeah. They rush there by the thousands an hour.

Who was the most recent one?

Oh, and who was the last mortally ill Canadian that as refused treatment by his insurer?

... or that lost their house paying a doctor's bill in Canada?

... or was refused treatment at a hospital because of a negative credit rating?

I don't know , do you ?
Who was the last Canadian to die well on a waiting list ?

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Do you think she had Obamacare ?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I don't know any Canadians that have died well. I'm sure there are some though.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

just give the dems OHIP
there won't be many left in a couple years

except for Drs that won't take their own stuff

If you like your plan you can keep your plan

Gruber voters bought into that.
*snicker*

Yes indeed. A big embarrassment to some Canadians.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote:

Gruber voters bought into that.
*snicker*

Trump: "Every American will be covered"

Reality: Under TrumpUnCare 24 million will LOSE health care coverage.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
White House Admits Trump 'Insurance For Everybody' Guarantee Isn't Going To Happen

WASHINGTON ― White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney threw cold water on the promise that “everybody” would get health insurance under GOP legislation ― a promise that was made by none other than President Donald Trump himself.

“We don’t have universal ― the only way to have universal care, if you stop to think about it, is to force people to buy it under penalty of law,” Mulvaney said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

The expectation of everyone in the nation getting health insurance if Trump took office came from promises he himself made.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in January. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” In 2015, Trump similarly told CBS’s “60 Minutes,” “Everybody’s got to be covered.”

White House Admits Trump 'Insurance For Everybody' Guarantee Isn't Going To Happen (external - login to view)

So much for Trump's "integrity". lol

RepubliCON death panels are just around the corner!

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Do you think she had Obamacare ?

You have a real problem with thinking in metaphors, eh!

JLM
No Party Affiliation

You have a real problem with thinking in metaphors, eh!

When you only have bits and pieces of information, it's impossible to come up with intelligent answers. I guess that while the poor black family in Detroit (not sure what difference the colour of skin makes) is paying about 1/50,000,000th of the president's salary, there's possibly money flowing the other way too and possibly in larger quantities. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the President pays for his own golf. How much golf does he play? Is there any truth to the rumour that Trump has turned down taking a salary?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

So much for Trump's "integrity". lol

RepubliCON death panels are just around the corner!

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote:

Eagle,

Broken record.

-----------------

Meantime,

Since right wingers believe in options for all, they should be fully in accord with that.

EagleSmack

TenPenny
+1
I think it's 'very encouraging' that the people in the US are getting what they voted for.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I think it's 'very encouraging' that the people in the US are getting what they voted for.

I surely am. Free healthcare.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Our OHIP health care sucks massively.
I wouldn't wish it on IsUS
well, they wouldn't take it anyway - they have israel doing their doctoring

"Jerusalem Post Middle East
REPORT: ISRAEL TREATING AL-QAIDA FIGHTERS WOUNDED IN SYRIA CIVIL WAR"
Report: Israel treating al-Qaida fighters wounded in Syria civil war - Middle East - Jerusalem Post (external - login to view)

now that's free democraptic health care
hows it working for you there T-bones?

"Saving their sworn enemy: Heartstopping footage shows Israeli commandos rescuing wounded men from Syrian warzone - but WHY are they risking their lives for Islamic militants?

Elite Israeli troops rescue wounded Syrians from the world's worst war almost every night
They have saved more than 2,000 people since 2013, at a cost of 50 million shekels (Ł8.7million)
Many are enemies of Israel and some may even be fighters for groups affiliated to Al Qaeda
MailOnline embedded with Israeli commandos stationed on the border between Israel and Syria

Dramatic video filmed by MailOnline and the Israeli army shows these operations taking place
Israel says that the operation is purely humanitarian but analysts believe Israel also has strategic reasons
For more of the latest news updates on the Syrian war visit "www.dailymail.co.uk/syria

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4bxwvQVKf

BTW: the 14 million that might lose FREE health care are those that are CHOOSING NOT TO BUY IT!
So that little bit of fake news can go out the window where it belongs

"MR. SPICER: Well, I think there's two issues that are important to note on that, Katherine. Number one, more and more Americans have no choices, so they don't have insurance. I've mentioned this before. Having a card and having coverage that when you walk into a doctor’s office has a deductible of $15,000, $20,000 a year isn't coverage. That's a card. That doesn’t get you the care you need. That doesn’t allow you to get the procedure or the referral that you need from a doctor that's telling you what you need to have happen.

That's vastly different than what we hope to exist, which is giving people who don't have it -- and let’s kind of -- I think it's important to add some context to this. If you think about the individual market that exists right now, the individual insurance market, you’ve got roughly 30 million people that exist right now -- 9 million people now are on the exchange. That number has gone down; 6.5 million people have said they don't want any insurance and they’re going to pay a penalty, and then just under 14 million people have said that they have applied for a hardship. So you’ve got almost 20 million people in America who have said that they don't want Obamacare and they’ll either pay a penalty or will apply for a hardship.

Those are people who don't have it to begin with. The exchanges sought out to cover these people, and we're finding out that you’ve got 9 million-plus who are getting it right now. They have no coverage. And for more and more Americans, they’re losing their coverage, their choices are gone. Tax credits in competition that will come in phases two and three in the prongs that we talked about will further drop prices down, will further increase competition.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...cer-3142017-23

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

We are!

I find it amusing that Obamacare is suddenly loved by all according to the MSM and Democrats when it was Obamacare that pretty much flushed the Democrats from Congress and pretty much every state legislature.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
no it wasn't

gopher
No Party Affiliation
GOP Rep. Can't Recall Any Bill 'More Universally Detested' Than AHCA

Source: Talking Points Memo

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) said Monday that he can't think of any legislation proposed during his time in Congress that has been "more universally detested" than House Republicans' bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

"While I've been in Congress, I can't recall a more universally detested piece of legislation than this GOP health care bill," Amash tweeted.

Follow
Justin Amash ✔ @justinamash
While I've been in Congress, I can't recall a more universally detested piece of legislation than this GOP health care bill.
9:45 AM - 20 Mar 2017
2,956 2,956 Retweets 8,011 8,011 likes

Amash faced questions about the repeal from constituents at a town hall during the congressional recess in January. At that event, he advocated for a conditional state-by-state repeal of Obamacare to be activated only once state legislatures passed their own health care legislation to replace it.

In March, Amash said that House Republican leadership was trying to "ram" the repeal bill through Congress. "The problem actually is that they’re not working with Democrats," he said.

GOP Rep. Can't Recall Any Bill 'More Universally Detested' Than AHCA (external - login to view)

Repeal RepubliCON "care"!

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Martin Christopher Tan America: the only place in the world where people are proud to be stupid.

Sara Noelle This segment was one of those where I wanted to laugh, but couldn't because these are actual people.

Michael Chen Can somebody stamp "Trump" on cyanide pills and give them to his supporters ??... please ....

pgs
Free Thinker

Martin Christopher Tan America: the only place in the world where people are proud to be stupid.

Sara Noelle This segment was one of those where I wanted to laugh, but couldn't because these are actual people.

Michael Chen Can somebody stamp "Trump" on cyanide pills and give them to his supporters ??... please ....

Is or was Obamacare the panacea of all health care plans ? And now explain why , complete with cost benefit analysis . Thank you in advance .

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Is or was Obamacare the panacea of all health care plans ? And now explain why , complete with cost benefit analysis . Thank you in advance .

No it wasn't but it was a hell of a lot better that Trump care. If the Repukians had not run interference and force the affordable health care act to be watered down, it would have been better. Just ask the millions who now have no health care. To find the best you would have to go to Scandinavia or France.