Just in Case You Thought. . .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
that only right-wingers were butt-hurt, whining drama queens. . .

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I read the poster and I don't say anything inaccurate or whining in it.

But Florida is a very special place.........

Florida Rep. Ted Yoho: Tanning tax is a racist tax — against white people

I had a little fun with [John] Boehner and told him about the sun tanning tax. He goes, ‘I didn’t know it was in there,’ and I said, ‘Yes, it’s a ten percent tax.’ He goes, ‘Well, that’s not that big of a deal.’ I said, ‘It’s a racist tax.’ He goes, ‘You know what, it is.’ I had an Indian doctor in our office the other day, very dark skin, with two non-dark skin people, and I asked this to him, I said, ‘Have you ever been to a tanning booth?’ and he goes, ‘No, no need.’ So therefore it’s a racist tax and I thought I might need to get to a sun tanning booth so I can come out and say I’ve been disenfranchised because I got taxed because of the color of my skin.

This is not the tanning tax’s first moment in the sun (pun most certainly intended!). The tanning tax was, for awhile, referred to as the “Snooki” tax, after the Jersey Shore star made it known that she opposed a 10 percent excise tax on tanning salons.

more

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/05/2413431/rep-ted-yoho-obamacares-tanning-tax-is-racist/