Scott Walker signs restrictive abortion bill in Wisconsin

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via zip:

Wisconsin GOP Gov. Scott Walker Signs Pro-Life Bill Requiring Women Receive An Ultrasound Before Killing Their Baby…

Scott Walker signs restrictive abortion bill in Wisconsin - The Hill's Ballot Box

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How about requiring all people to get their heads examined by ultrasound before donating to a televangelist?

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
And an example of the intolerant right.
Child's pregnancy sets off Chile abortion debate

LUIS ANDRES HENAO July 6, 2013
HealthLatin America

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — The case of a pregnant 11-year old girl who was raped in Chile by her mother's partner has set off a national debate about abortion in one of the most socially-conservative countries in Latin America.

Chileans were outraged on Friday after state TV reported that the girl is 14 weeks pregnant and was raped repeatedly over two years. Police in the remote southern city of Puerto Montt arrested her mother's partner, who confessed to abusing the fifth grader. The case was brought to their attention by the pregnant child's maternal grandmother.

Doctors say the girl's life and that of the fetus are at high risk. But in Chile, ending the pregnancy is not an option.

Chile allowed abortions for medical reasons until they were outlawed in 1973 by Gen. Augusto Pinochet's dictatorship. The current government of conservative President Sebastian Pinera has opposed any loosening of the prohibition.

Many Chileans were venting outrage on social media Friday. Some started an online campaign to demand legalization of abortion in cases of rape or health risks for the mother.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I always wanted to make a bumper sticker - Abort Pro Lifers - and go to a pro life rally and put the sticker on all their cars when they were in the hall. More religious fanatics forcing their morality on others. What is the difference between fundamentalist Muslims and fundamentalist Christians again?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
how about requiring all people to get their heads examined by ultrasound before donating to a televangelist?

+ 1,000,000

I always wanted to make a bumper sticker - Abort Pro Lifers - and go to a pro life rally and put the sticker on all their cars when they were in the hall. More religious fanatics forcing their morality on others. What is the difference between fundamentalist Muslims and fundamentalist Christians again?

The way they dress!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

anybody else that disagrees with you that you would prefer to see dead?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
anybody else that disagrees with you that you would prefer to see dead?
I didn't expect you to appreciate the play on words. You take this BS way too seriously. But go ahead and interfere in other people's lives. God wants you to be a d!ckhead.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I see, placing a bumper sticker now equates to killing someone. Is there anything a pro-choicer can do that doesn't equal murder in your narrow little mind?

and what does the bumper sticker council to have done? It sure as hell isn't give them all a high 5.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cliffy, when do you believe human life begins?

when does life begin?

It would seem that a technical definition would place it at conception.

Now considering that unless specified in law, we should just go according to science, are you proposing then that we specify in our constitution that human rights apply only as of birth or some other arbitrary time?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I didn't expect you to appreciate the play on words. You take this BS way too seriously. But go ahead and interfere in other people's lives. God wants you to be a d!ckhead.

Yes, I know, I'm a d!ckhead for not wanting to see anyone killed...... with that being the case, I wear the monicker proudly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
if there ever was a medical reason for an abortion it was for this young girl, but it seems

no one in power cared about her at all.
yeah and that often happens to the babies in our society too... who cares what happens after they are born, just so long as they arrive on planet earth

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy, when do you believe human life begins?

when does life begin?

It would seem that a technical definition would place it at conception.

Now considering that unless specified in law, we should just go according to science, are you proposing then that we specify in our constitution that human rights apply only as of birth or some other arbitrary time?
As far as law and constitution is concerned a human does not exist until it is registered as a person by issuing a birth certificate.
As far as I'm concerned none of it matters. I do not live under the delusion that humans are more important than any other life form, so abortion is not an issue for me. The only issue for me is people interfering in the life of others when it is none of their business.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This is no different, really, than CC not allowing pictures of the "product" or "results" of an abortion.
Reality is to be hidden away and forgotten. it's the right thing to do.

Remember the graphic drunk driving videos in high school? A few videos of abortions taking place would be a wise idea in health classes BUT once again reality is to be hidden away and forgotten to protect the sh*theads from themselves.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As far as law and constitution is concerned a human does not exist until it is registered as a person by issuing a birth certificate.
As far as I'm concerned none of it matters. I do not live under the delusion that humans are more important than any other life form, so abortion is not an issue for me. The only issue for me is people interfering in the life of others when it is none of their business.
The Human exists Cliffy the Person does not.

So why do you get your sh*t in a knot over the environment, the life it supports and the people who earn a living from natural resources?

Any other contradictions you'd like to reveal?