Shiny University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A Sonoma State University student was ordered to remove a cross necklace by a supervisor who thought other students might find it offensive, in a case that prompted even one campus official to speculate that “political correctness got out of hand.”

Audrey Jarvis, 19, a liberal arts major at the northern California university, said she had no choice but to seek a “religious accommodation” in order to wear the cross. Her lawyer said she deserves an apology, and the school seems ready to oblige.

more

University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
All this crap about crosses and head scarfs and hijabs and token daggers and God
knows what else. I think religion is best left at home, myself but then everyone to
their own. We claim to have a multicultural society but we resent everyone else's
cultural practices, says a lot about how well things are progressing doesn't it?
There are all kinds of groups out there fighting again bullies yet the politically correct
crowd and some school teachers have become the biggest bullies of all

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah it`s difficult to get that kind of point across to people...pffffffffffft...lol..sorry I couldn`t resist

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Let people wear what they want and don't worry about being offended. If you are offended by something somebody else is wearing, the problem is with you.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What's the deal? Even some non-Christians now wear gold or silver crucifixes just because they like the style.