Major resources needed for Obama Africa trip

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Obamas Family Trip To Africa Will Cost U.S. Taxpayers $60 To $100 Million…

via zip:

Just as long as the King and Queen of America enjoy themselves.*

Via TWS:
President Obama and his family will be going to Africa later this month. But the trip won’t be cheap; it’s expected to cost American taxpayers $60 to $100 million, according to the Washington Post.

“When President Obama makes his first extended trip to sub-Saharan Africa later this month, the federal agencies charged with keeping him safe won’t be taking any chances. Hundreds of U.S. Secret Service agents will be dispatched to secure facilities in Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania. A Navy aircraft carrier or amphibious ship, with a fully staffed medical trauma center, will be stationed offshore in case of emergency,” reports the Post.

“Military cargo planes will airlift in 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bullet-proof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. Fighter jets will fly in shifts giving 24-hour coverage over the president’s airspace so they can intervene quickly if an errant plane gets too close.

Keep reading…

Document: Major resources needed for Obama Africa trip - The Washington Post

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
foriegn aid to Africa..............kinda..............sorta...............

Bolivia can cut costs by subcontractng the 'Air coiver'

Last edited:

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
There are homeless Americans who will sleep under bridges tonight. The money would be better spend on those folks instead of seeking imperial influence overseas. Obama is wasting the money when America is broke.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What do you think it costs to get a replacement birth certificate?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Don't forget the four matching Prayer Rugs too. Those could be a real hit over there!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Couple of notes here. First the foreign trips of Presidents have always been at a very
high price. Say in the sixties a trip of a few million was equivalent to much more in the
seventies and eighties. Now it is even higher with the world order not being so orderly.
Second if they were to take some chances and some secret service agents were killed
defending the President and he lived the old tired voices of the right would be crying for
an investigation into what happened. Its another oh my God thing that has happened
since the end of WWII. People didn't even think about these costs for trips until Obama
came on the scene.
In Canada it costs somewhere around three hundred million to hold an election but we
love minority governments and we have lots of elections when the flavour of the month
runs out.
Yes the trip is expensive, safety is expensive but in terms of the budget no big deal.
But I suppose for those with a scandal fetish its a big deal.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
US Treasury Bonds are Junk Bonds? Is America Defaulting on Its Sovereign Debt? Can You Trust the Wall Street Credit Rating Agencies?

Rating Agency Upgrades US Sovereign Credit Rating: Another Propaganda Attempt to Mislead the Public

By Matthias Chang
Global Research, June 12, 2013
Future Fast Forward

Recently, I wrote an article explaining why US Treasury Bonds are junk bonds and why rating agencies cannot be trusted at all, because they have been up to their eyeballs in fraudulent activities.

I wrote that what I am stating may seem outlandish but it reflected reality – that the US as well as its ally in crime, the United Kingdom (UK) are bankrupt. Very few economists dare assert such a conclusion because it would be a death sentence for their careers.
So, who can you trust anymore?
But, does it require so much courage to expose the ugly truth when there are so much evidence to support what I have stated in my articles which can be gathered even from the mainstream media?
It was taboo to suggest before the Global Financial Tsunami that America was a bankrupt state and does not deserve an AAA rating. Yet, it took a rating agency from China in early 2011 to break the taboo,
China’s Dagong credit rating agency says the U.S has already defaulted. As AFP reports:
“‘In our opinion, the United States has already been defaulting… Washington had already defaulted on its loans by allowing the dollar to weaken against other currencies – eroding the wealth of creditors including China, Mr Guan said.”
This follows on the heels of German credit rating agency Feri’s downgrade of U.S. bonds a full notch – from AAA to AA – saying:
“The U.S. government has fought the ef

tHEY HAVE TO GO NOW BEFORE THE PLANES ARE REPOED

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
We've had a couple of earlier reports which pretended that Obama overspent in his foreign trips. Naturally they were easily refuted.

I'm betting this is what is going to happen again.

[brokenrecord]
[brokenrecord]
[brokenrecord]

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
There are homeless Americans who will sleep under bridges tonight. The money would be better spend on those folks instead of seeking imperial influence overseas. Obama is wasting the money when America is broke.

Sorry ....Iraq. and America....

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Couple of notes here. First the foreign trips of Presidents have always been at a very
high price. Say in the sixties a trip of a few million was equivalent to much more in the
seventies and eighties. Now it is even higher with the world order not being so orderly.
Second if they were to take some chances and some secret service agents were killed
defending the President and he lived the old tired voices of the right would be crying for
an investigation into what happened. Its another oh my God thing that has happened
since the end of WWII. People didn't even think about these costs for trips until Obama
came on the scene.
In Canada it costs somewhere around three hundred million to hold an election but we
love minority governments and we have lots of elections when the flavour of the month
runs out.
Yes the trip is expensive, safety is expensive but in terms of the budget no big deal.
But I suppose for those with a scandal fetish its a big deal.

Didn't you hear about the fact that America is insolvent in the bankruptcy sense. America doesn't have money to waste on frivolous trips abroad for Obama and his entourage. Uncle Sam is broke.

Would Canada please give Uncle Sam the money for this trip to Africa? We promise to pay Canada back. Canada can use the Brooklyn Bridge as collateral.

Sorry ....Iraq. and America....

It started with the illusory victory in Afghanistan. Then the invasion of Iraq. Now Iraq is Iran's ally and not a friend of the USA.

Then the madness was continued by the 2009 escalation in Afghanistan that has brought America to the verge of another defeat.

Then the tragic war in Libya which has brought disaster to American foreign policy.

Now a new war in Syria. More Americans will die. American aircraft are going to have one hell of a time enforcing a No Fly Zone against the Russian S-300.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Obama ought to go by himself, with just one aide, and fly commercial. Maybe he'd be OK.

And if not, two and a half years of Joe Biden as President would be pure comedy gold.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well at least it's going to be cheaper than his India trip........

This story has spread rapidly among the president’s critics, but there is simply no evidence to support it.

And common sense should lead anyone to doubt it.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O..........Imagine all those black suits in the heat................sheesh. Probably several million for underarm deo.

Ya think US security will read this.???

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
US security reads everything. At least, some unpaid intern is sentenced to plough through the ungawa and red-flag whatever isn't same-old. Which this all is, so no worries, no wiki-leaks, no hard time.

America is security-mad; has always been so, but the Shrub bumped security-madness up into the realm of absurdity. Remember his trip to England? A decade turns nonsense into tradition.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
US security reads everything. At least, some unpaid intern is sentenced to plough through the ungawa and red-flag whatever isn't same-old. Which this all is, so no worries, no wiki-leaks, no hard time.

America is security-mad; has always been so, but the Shrub bumped security-madness up into the realm of absurdity. Remember his trip to England? A decade turns nonsense into tradition.
Yep. The bad news is the NSA reads all your e-mail.

The good news is the NSA reads all your e-mail.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Obama ought to go by himself, with just one aide, and fly commercial. Maybe he'd be OK.

And if not, two and a half years of Joe Biden as President would be pure comedy gold.

it costs 16,000.00 for each Fa 18D super Hornet per hour on the 24 hour air cover.

MY skiled analysis reveals no threat that the Bolivians could not cover for , say, 160.00 per hour Cdn Cash up front.

They do fly the time proven Cl-33..

OK, Botswana Air force for a couple extra bucks. Good Canadian gear- both...