The Stabbing Attack You Haven’t Heard About

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via zip:

Do you know who Christopher Stone is? If you do not, it is no surprise, as the media has by and large, failed to fully cover his story from May 9th.
I first learned of his story from this random tweet from the U.S. Embassy Cairo twitter account:

US Embassy CairoVerified account ‏@USEmbassyCairo

At 12PM, a private US citizen unaffiliated with Embassy was stabbed nearby. The victim is in the hospital. Police have suspect in custody

I queried the account for further info and, of course, received no reply from the person behind it.

But it would seem, wouldn’t it, that from that tweet that the stabbing had absolutely nothing to do with the Embassy.

Except, of course, that it did.

The stabbing didn’t just happen “nearby” the Embassy as the twitter account so cagily writes. It happened AT the Embassy, right at the entrance.

The man stabbed, Christopher Stone, is an American academic, who went to the Embassy to pick up paper work for his wife, and who was there waiting.

Mahmoud Badr was also there, ostensibly waiting for a visa. Except Badr’s reason for being there was a little bit more than a visa. He was there, as he said, to kill an American because he hated the U.S. That was why he went to the Embassy, to find an easy target. As he stood there at the entrance to the Embassy with Stone, he asked Stone if he was an American. Stone confirmed that he was, after which Badr stabbed him in the neck. Sound a bit familiar, given the events of the past week?

You wouldn’t have found Badr’s motivations in Western media, but it can be found on Ahram

Christopher Stone, who is a lover of Egypt, did not think this should discourage Americans from visiting Egypt. However, he criticized the security at the Embassy for its inability to protect against such an event.

The Stabbing Attack You Haven’t Heard About | Weasel Zippers

Egyptian man who stabbed Stone in Cairo: I hate America - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

Ahram Online - Egypt still 'safe place for Americans': Attacked US scholar