Weiner wants you to erect him

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I mean, elect him.

Gov. Cuomo On Weiner: If He’s Elected Mayor, Then ‘Shame On Us’

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There was a stunning denunciation Thursday of Anthony Weiner’s mayoral bid by none other than the scandal-fighting governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo.

As a devoted hockey player, Weiner must be saying he got checked into the boards by Gov. Cuomo, after the state’s top dog put the scandal-scarred mayoral wannabe into the penalty box during an interview with the Syracuse Post-Standard’s editorial board, CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reported.

Cuomo and the newspaper had the following question-and-answer session:

Post-Standard: “So, if Anthony Weiner wants to run for mayor, he can run for mayor?”
Cuomo: “He runs, he runs.”
Post-Standard: “And if we elected him?”
Cuomo: “Shame on us.”

Cuomo clearly had all the Albany scandals on his mind, but his comments took on added relevancy because during Weiner’s first campaign stop in Harlem he was asked about calls he’s made to various elected officials about his bid to replace Michael Bloomberg.
“A lot of them were respectful and kind, but I’m not asking people for endorsements; I’m not asking people for help. I’ve got to prove myself to the other elected officials in this community and in this city, just like I do the voters,” Weiner said.

And that’s not the only problem encountered by the Weiner campaign. There are charges that the ghosted city skyline on his campaign website is not New York City, but really Pittsburgh. Early Thursday evening, the skyline on that website was changed to a New York City backdrop showing the Empire State Building.

derpity derp

Anthony Weiner Makes First Appearance As NYC Mayoral Candidate « CBS New York

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Well his dealings were with women not young boys, and he didn't use federal or state funds to chase after some tramp, or even get arrested for soliciting sex from a man in a men's bathroom. I'd say he was more trust worthy than some. I will never understand why he was basically forced to resign his seat while others who did worse were allowed to continue in the government. If every single person who was caught in a sex scandal was forced to resign any governmental job then I would say that's fine, but guess who elected Mark Sanford again in spite of his illegal use of state funds?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I will never understand why he was basically forced to resign his seat while others who did worse were allowed to continue in the government.

Yeah I dont get it either. I dont care about the sex lives of politicians - unless it involves rape or some other criminal activity.